Chances of getting HIV from an HIV test?

Hypothetically speaking: if you tried to rescue a person from a car accident, they are bleeding profusely, and you attempt to stop the bleeding for fear they might bleed out before the EMT arrives, and they have HIV, you've been exposed and could be at risk.
I actually know someone who caught HIV in that exact scenario. He is a welder, so he always has little small cuts and burns on his hands.

I played with him in January. We had a lot of fun! ;)

Guest JizzDumpWI

Poz1956, we've been here before in this forum. So telling the OP what we know to be true is pointless.

But, important for the OP to actually gain knowledge about STI's in general, including HIV (one of the more difficult of the lot to acquire). Christian sex ed is no sex ed. Ignorance kills. Whether or not terminallyCapricious ever has sex is irrelevant. But true education is golden. Knowledge builds upon itself.

I actually know someone who caught HIV in that exact scenario. He is a welder, so he always has little small cuts and burns on his hands.

I played with him in January. We had a lot of fun! ;)

You know, it's information like that which prevents people from being decent. People fear harm of all sorts, and are willing to do anything to live another five minutes... until it's their death bed. When someone is just wasting away, in pain and agony, and they just want to die before they suffer any more, then we don't let them make any more choices about their life; we make the choice to keep them alive longer! It's getting off topic, but I hope someone else sees the relevance that I see. Basically, too many people are too focused on quantity of years, instead of the quality of their years. If you're happy, great; if you're not, do something about it, and don't worry yourself sick (literally in this case) over some form of risk.

But, important for the OP to actually gain knowledge about STI's in general, including HIV (one of the more difficult of the lot to acquire). Christian sex ed is no sex ed. Ignorance kills. Whether or not terminallyCapricious ever has sex is irrelevant. But true education is golden. Knowledge builds upon itself.

I was raised with the Christian sex ed, combined with public school sex ed, and when I finally hit my twenties I started learning the truth. What a waste of my teen years.

If you alreadgy know that you are gay, do not get forced into a straight marriage because that's what your family expects. Generally that plays out this way. You will end up cheating on your wife with guys, feel horribly guilty about it every time, swear off it, the urge comes back, and the cycle repeats. Eventually come out in your 40's, which usually results in a nasty divorce.

Don't worry, I wouldn't get forced into a straight marriage - celibacy is quite fine with me. And when I do get these urges, I simply jack off and they leave. I really don't find sex that great - every time I had sex there were rarely any moments I wasn't wanting to be home doing something else.

Plus, I'm rather tiny and not particularly strong, so if I have sex with bigger guys (as I tend to) they can easily overpower me and make me do things I don't to do.

Edited by terminallyCapricious

• 4 months later...
Guest thehammerman

... I was wondering if there is any likelihood of me having HIV?

From an HIV test? None. Not any chance at all. In an advanced, western country, the chances of you getting anything from the actual test equipment is so remote as to be considered nil. Okay, certain medical procedures do carry risks; and staying in a hospital can (on rare occasions) lead to infections from so-called 'super-bugs'. But from an HIV test - there's no risk associated with it at all. If you are worried about HIV, you should get tested again. Given what you've said, the result will be negative (unless you've got infected from a genuine source). You might be somewhat afraid of the testing procedure, but you'll have peace of mind. And there are different ways of getting tested. Speak with your doctor. But, to repeat, you will not have got HIV from an HIV test!