PrEP and BBRT

leatherkinkster

Guest JizzDumpWI

Interesting. I've been on them to do that for a year now. I finally closed my account with them in January. Maybe I'll reconsider.

I think it is great. I just changed my profile today to reflect that, neg on PrEP. We need all guy, poz & neg to get more comfortable with this, and encourage neg guys to get on PrEP, and poz guys to feel comfortable fucking neg guys on PrEP. This is the best way to decrease HIV infection rates or eliminate them over time.

I don't think that "ask me" is just used by guys too chicken shit to get tested. Until HIV status is not stigmatized and used as an item for gossip and/or discrimination, I think it's perfectly legitimate answer. I fully respect poz guys who put that in their profile, but I never hold it against someone who doesn't. Someone's HIV status is nobody's business except their own and their sexual partners'.

All that said, I don't have any respect for guys whose profiles list "Neg" as their HIV status, and then they say they're poz after conversation. Be honest, or don't list it.

I don't think that "ask me" is just used by guys too chicken shit to get tested. Until HIV status is not stigmatized and used as an item for gossip and/or discrimination, I think it's perfectly legitimate answer. I fully respect poz guys who put that in their profile, but I never hold it against someone who doesn't. Someone's HIV status is nobody's business except their own and their sexual partners'.

All that said, I don't have any respect for guys whose profiles list "Neg" as their HIV status, and then they say they're poz after conversation. Be honest, or don't list it.

I totally did think about that. Thanks for reminding me so I take back what I said. I can see how someone woiuld not want to put poz if they were not open to all about that because we all know queen's love to gossip, and if someone with a big mouth saw his profile it could be a bit of an unpleasent situation.

Anyone who lists neg but then admits to being poz to me is a liar and I would end talking to them right then and probably warn those i am friends with on BBRT of this shady person so they could steer clear of the liar. People who lie about things like that tend to be the types that take advantage of others and are bad people to associate with.

Edited by seaguy

Guest kazore
Hey guys,

Just noticed that BBRT now has a "Neg + PrEP" option. Those impacted may want to update their profiles accordingly

I'm pretty sure most of them lie! They're not on prep.

Guys seem to forget that it's our most personal, private piece of medical information. I can't think of any other health related data that people are expected to put on public display.

If you want to understand the level of vulnerability we feel, think about this. Bi guys, post your wife's cell number in your profile. The rest of you, list you social security number and bank card PIN. Maybe add your home address too.