Diving In and Going on PrEP

Blueyedsoul

Thanks to an earlier post with a listing of PrEP Clinical Trials in Los Angeles. After weeks of debating, I called today and am now enrolled in the PrEP clinical trials at UCLA. My blood work will be on May 6th and follow up is within a week. I'm excited but worried it may unleash a piggishness that I have repressed. I have always fantasized about being a cum dump in a motel or taking loads again at a bookstore or going to a spa or bath house. Recently, I replied to a cum dump ad from a twink who was taking loads. He was on PrEP. As I left and he remained blindfolded, I asked if it worked. He said 100% and has been on it for a while now.

I know many of you are on PrEP. Has your piggishness increased? Or did it stay the same?

I have been on it for 2 months now, it has taken a while, but I finally feel comfortable with bareback sex....old ideas die slowly. Just this weekend I met a new guy and had some great bb sex, with no worries....it was REALLY fun. I am also on the UCLA study in Long Beach, CA...They need more people to enroll...email me for info if interested in joining the study in Southern California ( free Truvada for 1 yr). We need more guys to get on PrEP. I am a doctor, and have discussed PrEP extensively with many ID docs/coworkers and feel confident it is 99% effective if taken daily. I have spoken to several of the investigators of the SD/Harbor UCLA study who agree. Glad your joining the study, we need to find out more about PrEP...thanks for helping us.

I'm getting there. BB has been a major turn-on for quite a while, but I wasn't willing to accept the consequences. Thus far I've only been fucked bare once. In reality, without PrEP, I probably would have gone down the same road eventually..., but at least now I can do it with a safety net

In my case I was pretty slutty before, looking for that raw fuck through serosorting and the like. Sometimes I would just think 'this one time is ok' and I would get cumdumped in some bar or bathhouse. For me it was very irrational, I totally don't want HIV but the feeling of raw sex was so much better.

When I went on PrEP my behavior hasn't really changed but I have a lot more peace of mind about it. Actually, I've taking some PrEP vacations because I don't really want to be on it all the time, and if anything, it make is obvious when you are not on it, how naked you are in terms of HIV risk. I don't think I'm willing to BB anymore if I'm not on PrEP.

For me to take the pill every day is no problem and much easier than having to do the condom dance in the heat of the moment. I've got fucked in the ass raw around 30 times this last two years, most of them with ejaculation in a mixture of bathhouse, unknown status partners, and still negative. I did get chlamidia in the butt and the mouth last year though. But because you are getting tested frequently they catch it right away.

Rawfuckr: I am like you in that I have been really slutty and have taken plenty of bareback cock. I especially have a thing for riding big black raw cock. I have been stealthed twice and get tested every three months. I also serosorted but have also had the multiple anxiety attacks with the all to common scare but as a result have NOT stopped. I have all of the issues one would expect regarding BB'ing. I have severe condom fatigue and in all of my long term relationships, they have all been bare. Now in my 40's, I instantly go soft at the thought of a rubber. I can't see myself ever having sex with condoms again. I can't wait to have the peace of mind.

Guest JizzDumpWI

A comment about PrEP vacations.... There really is no downside if you're not having sex at all for 30 days prior to stopping... So if you've gone a month with no sex, are not planning any for a time, it is safe to go off PrEP. Else, not really a good idea for the intended effect. Ideally you'll be back ON PrEP for about a week before having sex again.

I am just not that predictable; so stay on it all the time. Not an issue if you miss a dose occasionally (eg: once a month).

A comment about PrEP vacations.... There really is no downside if you're not having sex at all for 30 days prior to stopping... So if you've gone a month with no sex, are not planning any for a time, it is safe to go off PrEP. Else, not really a good idea for the intended effect. Ideally you'll be back ON PrEP for about a week before having sex again.

I am just not that predictable; so stay on it all the time. Not an issue if you miss a dose occasionally (eg: once a month).

This is my own protocol for PrEP vacations:

- I go on PrEP with 7 day buildup

- Go about life and have fun. Getting fucked is part of it

- I log in the calendar my last risky encounter, like in fucked raw in the ass with or without ejaculate

- If I reached 30 days from that moment and haven't had sex I consider if to stop for a while. There must be some reason why I didn't hook up in the last month (work, travel, family.. whatever)

I've taken like 4-5 months off in the last 2 years I've been on PrEP. A plus of the vacation is that you get to keep the pills in the case you want to auto-PrEP yourself in the future.

I also serosorted but have also had the multiple anxiety attacks with the all to common scare but as a result have NOT stopped.

Good to hear you are going PrEP, seems like you should have been on it for a while. A word on serosorting, and it seems to be pretty useless. Poz undetectable guys won't infect you, but you are sorting them out. The only guys that will are the negs who are barebacking which is the ones you are sorting in. Everyone does this calculation when they serosort for peace of mind but makes the whole process futile.

Good to hear you are going PrEP, seems like you should have been on it for a while. A word on serosorting, and it seems to be pretty useless. Poz undetectable guys won't infect you, but you are sorting them out. The only guys that will are the negs who are barebacking which is the ones you are sorting in. Everyone does this calculation when they serosort for peace of mind but makes the whole process futile.

This is true.... stay away from fucking till you get on it, lol.

I just recently reconnected with a guy who I gave some info about PrEP to back in October. He had just got tested and was going to go back to his doctor and get it. Well he didnt get around to it until Jan, at which point his test came back HIV+ :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Update... I went on Tuesday, May 6th to my initial PrEP study meeting. They took plenty of blood. Tested me right there on premise with a rapid test. They then informed me that they would do a VL test and as soon as that came back neg. I would be prescribed the Truvada. For the last few weeks, I have not been having raw sex. It's been rough but everything has been safe. I wanted to insure that my entrance into the study was successful and that I was in fact neg. since PrEP is only for those who are neg. The PhD/PA who drew my blood did state that it has happened where the participant was neg. via the rapid test but the VL test proved wrong.

I can't wait to explore my sexuality more. I have never knowingly been seeded. I have been stealthed twice and only recently did I start seeding undetectable bottoms. I was always the top who fucked raw but never seeded. I pulled out. I was that guy. Ugh. I cringe now when I think about it. But until now, after 10+ years of barebacking on and off... I am now so much more open to things. I have fantasies of going to the bath house and being ass up taking every load possible. I have thoughts of being a load whore at a bookstore. The list goes on and on.