HIV Conspiracy??? Has anyone heard this crap?

12 hours ago, BareLover666 said:

Okay, who has actually tasted monkey-meat and how do you cook it? 🤔

It's more a thing in parts of the world (South American and Africa) where there are populations of monkeys - bushmeat, they call it. It's an available and important source of protein. Not sure how it works as a vector to spread an illness like HIV, unless it was along the lines of someone cuts themselves and the handles the meat, enabling the virus to infect them.

3 hours ago, NYBBGUY58 said:

It's more a thing in parts of the world (South American and Africa) where there are populations of monkeys - bushmeat, they call it. It's an available and important source of protein. Not sure how it works as a vector to spread an illness like HIV, unless it was along the lines of someone cuts themselves and the handles the meat, enabling the virus to infect them.

I was kidding mate.
Although when in Rome... I'd taste just-about anything when a guest, except canibalism and animals I've known personally. 

13 hours ago, evilalex said:

Chilled monkey brains. 

Indeed, professor Jones Jr. 

15 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

Reminds me of that song my momma sang when I was a kid...

Great green gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts,
Marinated monkey meat,
Chopped up baby parakeet,
French fried eyeballs dipped in motor oil,
And me without my spoon!

The answer would seem to be "marinate it".

I would have loved your momma. 🤩 Reminds me of the other classic:
" Snips, snails
  And puppy-dogs' tails
That's what little boys are made of"

(Goes for big / adult boys too imo). 😉

But all jokes and Monkey-meat recipes aside; The response to Covid-19 and HIV-denialism have a lot in common it would seem. Stories about it not being real, not as bad as medical professionals say it is, saying it is a conspiracy to 'attack' our community, being fabricated in a laboraty, etc.  And now it's about an air-born virus that's very much more contagious and possibly deadly in the short term.

3 hours ago, NYBBGUY58 said:

I should have been more clear - it was more an example of the range of things I have heard. When people are afraid, all kinds of things are said and believed in an attempt to control things. I stick to this works, good, I don't really know how my computer works either, but I use it!

Don't believe (social media) gossip and trust your doctor.

54 minutes ago, BareLover666 said:

And now it's about an air-born virus that's very much more contagious and possibly deadly in the short term.

Never seen this one. Presumably when asked about evidence, the response is “it’s being covered up”

11 hours ago, NYBBGUY58 said:

There have been tissue samples from the early 1950's that tested positive for hiv.If this virus has been in animals for centuries then why did it explode into human population in the 1980's?Given that humans have been dressing game and exposed to blood during this process for thousands of years this hypothesis doesn't hold up.There must have been some sort of mass exposure event,like contaminated vaccine or something to explain the more recent infection timeline.Polio vaccine development and trials by Belgian scientists in the Congo?And if that were true would we ever find out?(monkey tissue was used as a growth media for the polio virus)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

these old bugaboos bring me back to my (late) salad days. the idea that hiv does not exist is the most pernicious. i am wondering if Q started that one as a teenager. hiv is just what it has been shown to be. and as far as transmission, there were plenty of warnings inside (kramer) and outside the community (mathilde krimm?) that a virus could come along and turn out to be devestating, and incurable. several have come along, including AIDS, but the right would have you think that only hiv was spread by humans. ignore this crap, and follow what the scientists and doctors tell us to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chargedodger said:

There have been tissue samples from the early 1950's that tested positive for hiv.If this virus has been in animals for centuries then why did it explode into human population in the 1980's?Given that humans have been dressing game and exposed to blood during this process for thousands of years this hypothesis doesn't hold up.There must have been some sort of mass exposure event,like contaminated vaccine or something to explain the more recent infection timeline.Polio vaccine development and trials by Belgian scientists in the Congo?And if that were true would we ever find out?(monkey tissue was used as a growth media for the polio virus)

It's all plausible, I agree, but as you point out there's no way to know if it's true. There are convincing arguments for spontaneous mutations - HIV is nothing if not extremely mutable - that also raise the question was it designed to be so. I more incline towards that whatever happened it was exacerbated by the lack of coordination between nations, general incompetence and extreme shortsightedness. Like any other environmental mess, I think that all we can do is cope with what's here and move forward as best we can. I concede that at 63 I'm a little jaded about these things.  If I'm lucky I have another 17 years left to live which changes one's priorities.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYBBGUY58 said:

It's all plausible, I agree, but as you point out there's no way to know if it's true. There are convincing arguments for spontaneous mutations - HIV is nothing if not extremely mutable - that also raise the question was it designed to be so. I more incline towards that whatever happened it was exacerbated by the lack of coordination between nations, general incompetence and extreme shortsightedness. Like any other environmental mess, I think that all we can do is cope with what's here and move forward as best we can. I concede that at 63 I'm a little jaded about these things.  If I'm lucky I have another 17 years left to live which changes one's priorities.

yes about mutability.good point!Don't think HIV was part of some sort of evil human agenda driven lab result,but just a natural occouring virus that happened to pass into humans and exploited a niche there.Hiv in africa spread along trucking routes generally by prostitutes and IV drug users,and when it reached highly promiscuos gay men in the US and Europe it was like a small flickering flame finding much fuel.Mutability has stymied vaccine development but treatments not thought possible in 1983 are now routine,as is prep.Agenda driven conspiracies are fun to think about but really don't see much truth out there to support them.

Edited by chargedodger
  • Upvote 2

When I first seroconverted back in 2001, I searched everywhere for what this virus was.  I saw all those conspiracy theories, too.  Then, late one night during my frantic searching of what is happening to me, I found a site with irrefutable proof that the virus came from one of the alien bodies at Area 51.  

I then realized I had reached the end of the internet.  I turned off my computer and went to bed never searching through that bullshit again.

Edited by hairyone
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

On 4/30/2014 at 3:56 PM, NYCBearpig said:

This conspiracy theory is as old as when AIDS first appeared on the scene, but it changes form as time goes on. The basic premise, that HIV isn't a dangerous virus that can kill people, is the root of all the so called theories. And seriously, TV shows like SVU often mirror stories of the day and there's an episode about this very thing.

This "theory" conflicts with the other one that claims "the government" released the virus into the gay and drug communities to kill them off.

Then again, people still believe an alien space ship crashed in the Nevada desert or (one of my faves) those streams of smoke that you see trailing a jet is really a "chem trail" and it's "the government" spewing this out to make us passive.

I have heard those nutty theories or claims for decades. Unfortunately there are rappers and musicians who promote "the government created AIDS!" theory and scientists like Peter Duesberg and Kary Mullis-he also claims he was abducted by space aliens did they probe his asshole?-who believe this BS or they think that HIV/AIDS is not caused by a virus, that people who are poz or HIV+ do not need to take meds at all, that "people did not die from HIV/AIDS but from AZT or later the cocktail", and unfortunately there are HIV+ people who believe this and go off of their meds and die from HIV/AIDS.

HIV was around in the 1970s, but it was thought to be a rare 'cancer', lethal "pneumomia", caused by Poppers or Amyl, caused by snorting cocaine and sharing straws, etc. I remember in the late 1970s a friend who I would go to bars and other places with became very sick, gradually at first with a bad fever or flu, became better, then two years later he had lost a lot of weight and died suddenly. At the time doctors did not know what it was but thought it was cancer, or caused by his heavy use of poppers and cocaine, but it turned out to be HIV/AIDS. I never got pozzed as I was more into oral sex, and the rare times I fucked men and women condoms were used and I was never into rimming, fisting, cum and piss enemas etc.

I was in ACTUP and learned from someone high up-not the histrionic crazy drama queen Larry Kramer, but someone else that HIV/AIDS takes 10 years to kill someone so people who died in the early 1980s had been infected in the 1970s.

18 hours ago, TotalTop said:

I was in ACTUP and learned from someone high up-not the histrionic crazy drama queen Larry Kramer, but someone else that HIV/AIDS takes 10 years to kill someone so people who died in the early 1980s had been infected in the 1970s.

Except that's not a categorically true statement. HIV can kill slowly or rapidly, depending on the health of the person infected and a number of other factors. It's one of those "mostly true, but..." statements that deserves qualification.

• Upvote 1