Trusting a guy from bbrt?

Guest kazore

I've had many guys on BBRT contact me and when I check their profile it says they are Neg. Since my preference is to play with other Poz Tops, I politely decline the Neg guys. Many times, the Neg guy then replies that he is actually Poz and gives me an excuse, like he didn't change his profile status after he became Poz. Lately, I've had Neg Tops tell me they are on PrEP so they are comfortable BBing a poz bottom.

While you shouldn't trust a complete stranger 100%, I've also met a lot of great guys through BBRT and other sites. Always ask questions if you're not sure about something. If I ask a guy questions and I feel he is being evasive, I move on. There are plenty of guys out there to have fun with. And if I agree to meet someone, it doesn't mean I have to be his bottom if he or I don't feel comfortable or have chemistry.

• Upvote 3

What about the uk tho guy? Where would I get prep? I think a lot of guys would probably take something like that willingly if there was no difficult moral questions asked that make you feel uncomfortable to the point you wish you hadn't asked. There such a taboo about things and I'm not sure how to go about it if I'm honest.

There are so many posts in this thread that say "Assume everyone is Poz!"  Frankly that's kind of a bone headed idea, with not much logical thought behind it.

For a moment, lets disregard the fact that I've been on meds, and have had an undetectable viral load since the fall on 1999, with never a single blip.  Let's pretent I've never  taken antiretrovirals.

I'm a Poz guy.  Should I assume everyone else is Poz?  Say they don't choose to have a complete sexual health discussion.  Should I just assume they have the same status as mine?  Can I just load up thier ass with Poz cum of whatever massive viral load I happen to have at that moment?

Unless you had a good discusson around testing, shouldn't the assumpiont be "Everyone has the opposite HIV status to mine!"

Arguably, "When," and "How often" are the most important questions.  Answers to them give you guidance on how likely the response to  "Results" is an accerate reflection of his status today.  Of course with the Window Period, even frequent testing and recent results aren't guarenteed.

• Upvote 2

I found a guy on BBRT, who I've been chatting with a lot. He's 23, hasn't been fucked since April 2013, almost virgin, very cute, and we actually seem to have very many of the same interests. I've actually fallen in love with him, even though I haven't met him yet. I saw a tv program about him on a local tv-station, on being gay in the country side, which made me fall in love with him. He said that I seem very easy to communicate with. He likes the age difference, and says no to condoms. He's from a very small town with less than a 2,000 people, but 3 hours drive from me. Hmm, who would have believed, finding real love on BBRT.  :lol:

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

why would anyone think that when you joint BBRT. and start pig fucking everyone raw, think that NEG even has a place on BBRT status as a option?

who cares

fuck and breed

Well, I'm neg, and believe there are quite a few of us, especially among pure tops.

• Upvote 1

I met a guy on BBRT who I had been talking to for months and thought had made friends. He introduced me to my first and only chemsex session, which was fantastic. Actually really liked him and thought he liked me. Just today I found out he was poz when he claimed to be neg(i believe he was the guy who infected me) and in addition to this he still advertises that he's negative. I feel really hurt and let down right now, I really thought he liked me and I could trust him. Anyway, for that reason my answer would be that you absolutely can't trust anyone, even if you think you know them. And while I know it's a hot fantasy for a lot of guys here, being deceived in that way really hurts. I wouldnt wish that pain on anyone. So you should probably just assume everyone is a liar.

Edited by Bottomhole
  • Upvote 2

• 1 year later...
Guest Upstateguy518

BBRT is specifically for bare-backing. A majority of guys on there are positive or undetectable so it's safe to assume that when a guy claims to be neg yet is up for anything, He's probably poz and lying about it. And since you are bare backing any ways, You might as well assume that every guy you hook up with is poz or has some form of STD. If you aren't up for that then start using protection. If you wanna keep bare backing then you're gonna have to accept the fact that a majority of the loads you are gonna take are gonna end up being toxic loads.

I have seen profiles on different sites where a guy is listed as poz on one site while listed as neg or undetectable on another. There may be some valid reasons occasionally (a false negative and the guy neglected to change his status, a recent conversion to which the guy has not yet caught up on all his profiles, meds now taking hold of a previously toxic guy) but I have also been aware of guys lying. Oddly enough I am also aware of some guys lying saying they are highly viral when in fact they are undetectable. I would proceed very cautiously if I wished to continue to be neg or better yet talk with my doctor about beginning to take PrEP. Additionally, if you have had exposure within the past 72 hours and are worried get yourself to a doctor for PEP treatment.

So taking poz guys on meds bare is the safest way to go?  At least they cant slip off the condom and surprise you or have the condom break and that's really safest?

I agree with Poptronic. My sexual health doc said the same regards guys who bareback regularly and think they are neg but are recently poz being the ones spreading HIV, not the poz guys on treatment. Aside from PreP, which is not available everywhere, your lowest risk would be with openly poz guys on medication who don't 'party and play' (sex and drugs combined) and have an 'undetectable' viral load. My doc says they can be the safest bet. Neg-neg can be safe but due to the latency of diagnosis you can never be sure. Bareback is a risk, but then life is full of risk. Weigh it up for yourself and then take responsibility for your own actions. No one else can.

• Upvote 1

So taking poz guys on meds bare is the safest way to go?  At least they cant slip off the condom and surprise you or have the condom break and that's really safest?

I mean again it comes down to if you trust that the guy is being honest about being one meds.

Consider the fact that the most recent study from the United States Centers for Disease Control found: 

Only 30% of People with HIV in U.S. Have Undetectable Viral Load

I know how annoying it can be when pesky, scientifically proven facts reveal just how much lying is going on by people in their BBRT profiles (where like 75% of guys choose undetectable).  

I met a guy on BBRT who I had been talking to for months and thought had made friends. He introduced me to my first and only chemsex session, which was fantastic. Actually really liked him and thought he liked me. Just today I found out he was poz when he claimed to be neg(i believe he was the guy who infected me) and in addition to this he still advertises that he's negative. I feel really hurt and let down right now, I really thought he liked me and I could trust him. Anyway, for that reason my answer would be that you absolutely can't trust anyone, even if you think you know them. And while I know it's a hot fantasy for a lot of guys here, being deceived in that way really hurts. I wouldnt wish that pain on anyone. So you should probably just assume everyone is a liar.

Not blaming you, because in a near-perfect world such as the one we live in, nobody makes mistakes and everyone lives on clouds, eating dew, sunshine and gum-drops!!! (snark fully employed here) If you want someone to be TOTALLY honest with you, you have to invest the time to get to know the person. If there is to be an investment in the relationship, then people are more likely to be honest, but even that isn't guaranteed. There is nothing wrong with being a slut, because we all are, or were at some point, otherwise we wouldn't be here on this site. But it sucks to be lied to. On the other coin flip, would you have fucked him raw if you know he was poz? From your reaction, I don't think you would have. If all you were expecting from this person was a dick then don't be surprised when he does act like one. If you like someone, then invest time in that person, and get to know the good, the bad and in most cases, the ugly. Then make your judgement. But - move on, you have the rest of your life to live, and that is the important thing.