"Breeding" if not Poz?

I've always associated the term "breeding" with a poz top giving his seed to a bottom, whether that bottom is poz or neg. In my mind, I've always associated "breeding" with poz cum. Today, I came across a BBRT profile from a neg top into "breeding" his bottoms. Just struck me as kinda odd. What do you guys associate with "breeding"? Is it simply giving cum to your bottom, regardless of HIV status? Or do you, like me, associate it specifically with poz cum? I've never differentiated undetectable vs detectable poz, although definitely for me, a true breeding involves detectable poz cum.

• Upvote 2

Context is everything and language changes. A hundred years ago "gay" meant loose or immoral. In the seventies "breeder" was a gay-to-straight term of abuse for their sexual practices (a response to the now in-favour "queer"). For the last twenty years I've been involved with dog-rescue and have spent most of that time living in a rural area where the land was only fit for keeping livestock. Breeding meant something different there too. Who's to say it won't change again?

First time since the word breeding came to mean cum up the ass a guy collapsed on my back and said he'd bred me, it sounded kinda odd when it was a word I associated with getting livestock pregnant...

• Like 1

I don't associate breeding specifically with poz seed. I use "breeding" all the time in my blog...and it's neg cum. As it is for many of the tops who write on here....
Same here to me breeding is any male depositing his sperm in another person.

• Administrators

I would say these days "breeding" just means getting/giving cum in your/his ass - doesn't need to be poz.

I think "pozzing" would be the current term for getting/giving poz cum in a neg ass. Given that most poz tops are on meds and zero risk to have sex with, that makes that use of "pozzing" weaker than it used to be as well (since it used to mean actual infection). But my take on it is that it's guys acting out the fantasy of infection.

Edited by rawTOP

Although in current usage, breeding means fucking any seed into an ass in proper usage it would definitely mean to plant poz seed into a man's ass i.e. to plant with the intent of producing something similar. Fucking a man with neg seed is not going to produce anything but fucking a man with poz seed shows a certain intent to produce another poz man.

• Upvote 1

I associate the term "breeding" with injection of semen into a partner as a result of sexual intercourse. The biological intent in homosexually-challenged couples is pregnancy, although pregnancy may not occur. In homosexual intercourse, the insertive partner is taking similar actions as the insertive partner in heterosexual intercourse, as receptive partner does likewise. In homosexual intercourse, pregnancy may not occur. I can understand the metaphorical transposition of "breeding" as an attempt at seroconversion, but I personally lean toward the more fundamental primal instinct for the definition. (wow, I just nerded out big time)

• Like 1

i guess breeding will mean to each guy whatever kick he gets out of fucking/getting fucked bareback with sperm shot up the ass.

Though for me, I tend to get to the root of the word, breeding in the sense of impregnating, which can only be done with detectable poz loads and should result in sero-conversion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1