Does anyone else feel guilty after having sex?

Guest JizzDumpWI

Makes sense. It is up to you to work out becoming your own self. If you have access to counselors it might be a good time to begin talking through that. Might sound odd, but consider reading "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsh.

Firstly you need to accept yourself as gay man, don't be ashema of it, it's who you are, it's not bad, it's not sin, it's not sickness - it's you, there's many others like you, there's many others with the same problem

• Upvote 1

Maybe you should reach out to your family.? shame is based in fear of what others will think or see in you. I had many reasons why i felt ashamed. My dad cried and didn't speak to me for years. I thought he would murder me instead he took his time to process it... he did however it took him some time. so the worse thing that usually happens is you get shamed or ignored but its better than dealing with the guilt and shame that could be. you are bearing a cross that you don't need to man.

• Upvote 3

I've never felt guilty after having had sex. I used to feel a little guilty the first couple of times I went to saunas and darkrooms, but the more I went the more I wanted. Sex is normal.

Makes sense. It is up to you to work out becoming your own self. If you have access to counselors it might be a good time to begin talking through that.

Bingo, you will work it out in time. Also counseling will help.

I used to in a slight way, but it had more to do with risk of HIV. Now with PrEP, I dont feel bad at all.

Different people feel guilty for different reasons when they have sex, whether it be being gay, cheating on a partner, religious reasons, etc. It sounds to me like yours is rooted in being gay. It should pass over time. It has many times for me.

My first sexual experience was with a friend of mine in my early teenage years. I felt deep shame as I was doing "gay things" with him. That passed. Now I have no shame in any sex with another guy. When I was 16, I had my first sexual experience with a girl. I felt shame because coming from a Catholic upbringing (Catholic school, church on Sundays, etc), I was always told that sex before marriage is wrong, etc. That shame passed over time. Also, when I has my first online hook up with a guy, I felt a lot of shame from that because I thought it was sleazy and dirty. That also passed.

The key to getting through this shame is to try not to judge yourself for it, nor let others judge you. If others do judge you, either just ignore them or you can be combative about it (like me) and ask them what sexual things they've done lately and you can judge them back for it and see how they feel. They're probably not worth being your friend if they are judging you. Keep in mind that we all have different sexual needs and what you do sexually is your business and no one else's to judge you for.

• 4 years later...
Guest FinalDL2021

I don't think that its necessarily guilt, as it is a change in mind-set after I cum.  I might be engaged in sex that you might consider risky, such as taking Anon loads.  At first I am in total heat over the situation I am in, then after I cum, its like "What the fuck am I doing???"

Edited by FinalDL2021
phrase change

8 minutes ago, PozTemptation said:

I don't think that its necessarily guilt, as it is a change in mind-set after I cum.  I might be engaged in sex that you might consider risky, such as taking Anon loads.  At first I am in total heat over the situation I am in, then after I cum, its like "What the fuck am I doing???"

i get that. Hormones are powerful stuff.  The drive for sex, connecting in that way, goes beyond reason. Once the tension/drive is relieved, our reason can kick back in and give us a wtf moment. i've noticed that reason rarely wins against hormones lol. 

• Like 1