Neg+PrEP, My BBRTS Profile and a Nasty Hateful Bottom

Blueyedsoul

So, I have the night off and I decided to log on to BBRTS. I am only a 45 minute drive to Palm Springs so I'm thinking of checking out the possibilities for a little later after a few drinks. I have never had any adverse reactions to my profile on BBRTS but I just received the following email from a nasty bottom:

"I regret to tell you I find your profile VERY VERY OFFENSIVE. I feel really sorry for guys like you! You stupid prep bitch asking those questions? Are you that ignorant? That’s what we need - another desperate drug addict in town willing to take chances barebacking but DEMANDING a CD/VL count! Are you out of your fucking mind? YOU ARE LUCKY I DONT FEEL LIKE STABBING SOMEONE TODAY. PS is a very dangerous place so be careful!"

Really? Seriously...This is the kind of crap I have received since I have been on PrEP. I even state that I will ask questions regarding VL and CD4 levels because of the study I am in. What do you guys think? Check out my profile: Blueyedsoulbttm

I think from the start, if you had a picture or 2 opened, you'd leave a better first impression. Also, stating that you are "clean" is offensive. Just my opinion.

So, I have the night off and I decided to log on to BBRTS. I am only a 45 minute drive to Palm Springs so I'm thinking of checking out the possibilities for a little later after a few drinks. I have never had any adverse reactions to my profile on BBRTS but I just received the following email from a nasty bottom:

"I regret to tell you I find your profile VERY VERY OFFENSIVE. I feel really sorry for guys like you! You stupid prep bitch asking those questions? Are you that ignorant? That’s what we need - another desperate drug addict in town willing to take chances barebacking but DEMANDING a CD/VL count! Are you out of your fucking mind? YOU ARE LUCKY I DONT FEEL LIKE STABBING SOMEONE TODAY. PS is a very dangerous place so be careful!"

Really? Seriously...This is the kind of crap I have received since I have been on PrEP. I even state that I will ask questions regarding VL and CD4 levels because of the study I am in. What do you guys think? Check out my profile: Blueyedsoulbttm

Ditto. No pic isn't great, but "clean" is definitely offensive to a lot of people. Otherwise it's a responsible profile - if you get rid of "clean" or specify what you mean without sounding offensive, you'll give less ammo to the haters.

While the reply you got was unwarranted your profile does come across a little bit pushy. You may want to change things a bit, like " I WILL ASK " for a "I would like to ask your VL/CD4 count for a study I'm in if possible"...

I noticed that you say Undetectable Welcome in your intro paragraph but then down below you answer negative only for their status so the two answers are contradictory. I also would echo what the others have said about no pic. At least have a headless torso shot, or a cock shot that is viewable to all users and you'll get allot more interest. I usually don't waste my time with users who don't have any pics viewable because to me that indicates they might be hiding something?

That asshole bottom had no right to send you that message I would forward it on to barebackrt support and see what they say or can do since he did make a thinly veiled threat towards you and I doubt they will look kindly at that. Hopefully they will kick him off the site. Ass holes like that don't belong on a website for meeting people in my opinionl.

I agree with a the others taking issue with "clean"

Although, there can be some bit of a double standard with that, as we will sometimes reference breeding with a "dirty load." It's more of an offense when it is applied as a descriptor of the person as being "unclean"

• Upvote 1

Guest JizzDumpWI

re "clean", why not change to STD-Free. More accurate given PrEP screening, and really much more specific. "clean" could mean so many things and doesn't add value.

Re medical study... Perhaps: "the conditions of the PrEP study I am part of requests that I ask poz partners questions about their viral load and cd4 count and report that to the study admin. No names, just details. If you are poz and know your numbers, I would appreciate you giving me that information if I am lucky enough to enjoy raw play with you."

You are already giving a lot of info. Bring up those good assets of yours, but leave off the "judgements" part.

I agree with others, you need a photo or two. Torso. Ass (since you want respondents to fill it). Good to have a private photo you can unlock to show your good looking face.

Definitely resolve the undetectable text and 'neg only' drop down setting. Open it up to "ask me".

Try those changes and see how this weekend goes.

"STD free" is also making assumptions we could do without: what about syphilis where the primary chancre was in the lining of the ass? Happened to a friend and the first thing he knew about it was when he was told he had secondary syphilis. 50% of men show no symptoms with chlamydia. Genital thrush can look like excess smegma. Warts can look like skin tags.

• Upvote 2

My quick 2 cents is that you totally deserved each other. Listen to these guys though ^^^. Just being open to what your brothers are saying matters a great deal. You should totally report him for the veiled threat though if you haven't already.

• 3 weeks later...

Late in responding, obviously, but I'm curious to know what study you are on that asks you to inquire of your HIV+ partners their CD4 count and VL and then, apparently, report that back to study staff on your next visit. It strikes me as a very unorthodox data collection method (amounting to unverified hearsay). I'm also curious to know if they want you to ask your positive partners the date of their last VL/CD4 count. Are you being asked to inquire about their meds and most recent administration of such?

Frankly, I think you're wanting to inquire about their CD4 count and VL for your own purposes -- based upon their responses to those questions, you will be decided who gets to f*ck you bare and breed you deep. If I'm wrong, the name of your study and the principal investigator and his/her research institution will give me enough information to ferret out whether you're telling us the truth or making things up.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm pretty much the same opinion as everyone else here. There are too many inconsistencies in your profile. If I were a top, there's nothing I find about your profile that interests me. No pics, and an odd off-putting attitude. I didn't see what your profile was when you post this initially, but if this is the improved version...

I agree with a the others taking issue with "clean"

Although, there can be some bit of a double standard with that, as we will sometimes reference breeding with a "dirty load." It's more of an offense when it is applied as a descriptor of the person as being "unclean"

Saying "clean", as you rightly point is pretty much an insult to PwHIV. As part of pre-sex negotiation using more accurate, less loaded terms, is what guys should be going for.

"Dirty load" and such come more under the heading of sex talk. How many guys who referring to their asshole as their cunt really believe that they have a functioning vagina? How many guys who get off on race play would actually use the word "nigger" in their every day speeech?

It's a question of knowing what sort of language is appropriate when...

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
Guest AlmostBottom

Agree with what's above.  Part of the profile are polite, but the use of clean - that has been offensive for over a decade.  you also use hygiene -  twice - so it's clear by clean you are implying  positive people are scummy - which is a nasty attitude to have on site for bareback sex. 

Your reason for your limits / boundaries / etc. relating to your study are TOTALLY valid.  Everyone has a right to boundaries and limits.  And if you're in a study, that's genuinely important.

None of that is grounds for the threats you received.

But the profile is slightly schizo, part of is is a sane acknowledgement of boundaries and being thoughtful... but the clean part is insulting, and the tone takes on a bit of a hostile attitude. 

But hey, no one's perfect :  )