Do you wait to play after getting tested/treated for STDs?

BuckTorro

So I'm a cumdump, and I love taking loads, but I hate having to hold off on sex while waiting for STD results and then waiting even longer if I have to get treated for anything. It usually results in me having to take 2+ weeks off from sex every three months, which puts a major dent in my load count.

So I'm wondering, do other guys abstain from sex while waiting for STD results and getting treated, or do you just keep on fucking and taking loads anyway.

• Administrators

I only wait for the required week after treatment. If I have symptoms my doc treats me immediately, so never more than a week wait. I work on the assumptions that no symptoms and no test result (yet), then I'm good to go.

Same here:

If I have something that is currently being treated (haven't had anything for a long time), I ask my doctor how long it takes for the antibiotics to be effective and I'm staying abstinent for that time period (wouldn't want to fuck anyway having that on my mind).

If I have a suspicion / I'm noticing symptoms I also won't have sex until I have the test results (having had most STDs already in my early twenties helps, as my suspicions are usually spot-on).

If I just have a regular / routine check-up I see no reason not to have sex, even if it takes two weeks for the results to come in. It's not the test that makes you sick, it's the bacteria. The test only shows what is already there. Or in the case of routine check-ups most likely isn't.

My personal opinion: If you know you have a communicable disease or have a strong suspicion and you keep fucking without telling your partners (if they like having the clap, ah well, it's their business), that's pathetic. And pathetic guys are usually shitty lays. The peace of mind that comes from doing the right thing really helps one enjoy oneself during sex and the other guy will notice that, too.

• Upvote 4

Same here:

If I have something that is currently being treated (haven't had anything for a long time), I ask my doctor how long it takes for the antibiotics to be effective and I'm staying abstinent for that time period (wouldn't want to fuck anyway having that on my mind).

If I have a suspicion / I'm noticing symptoms I also won't have sex until I have the test results (having had most STDs already in my early twenties helps, as my suspicions are usually spot-on).

If I just have a regular / routine check-up I see no reason not to have sex, even if it takes two weeks for the results to come in. It's not the test that makes you sick, it's the bacteria. The test only shows what is already there. Or in the case of routine check-ups most likely isn't.

My personal opinion: If you know you have a communicable disease or have a strong suspicion and you keep fucking without telling your partners (if they like having the clap, ah well, it's their business), that's pathetic. And pathetic guys are usually shitty lays. The peace of mind that comes from doing the right thing really helps one enjoy oneself during sex and the other guy will notice that, too.

Spot on.

As for the guys who don't stop, unless you are in a glory hole and no one see's you, Its a real quick way to get a bad reputation, and for people to stop fucking with you if you consistently spread STD's. Most people don't want to go to the doctor or clinic just because they have sex. While we all know the risks, and choose to engage in them, many people will forget you and go else where. just an FYI.

• Upvote 3

I usually do. Then once I get all clear, I tend to wait a little longer. I'm kind of a binge player, so I tend to play out the period of time when I know I'm clean for as long as I can before I wild again. The weeks prior to new blood work are balls to the wall. It's all you can eat time. I figure I might as well pig out right up until the blood work is done and I start over again. Bizarre huh?

• 5 weeks later...

The argument for taking a break - in my mind - is if I have something and I know I have something, why continue to pass it around? Because that one guy you knowingly give it to might fuck you again at some point and pass it right back to you...so I tend to look at the big picture. If more guys could be a little less selfish, then we'd all end up in the clinic a lot less.

• Upvote 2

After STD treatment, I abstain from sex for seven days, as recommended by the US Centers for Disease Control.

I do not have to wait for diagnosis.

San Francisco City Clinic performs microscopy on urine samples while patients wait. Tentative diagnosis allows for immediate dispensing of antibiotics for chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis. (Of course, samples are also sent to a laboratory for specific testing.)

No conventional medical facility in the US would bother to take out a microscope for this purpose. Samples would be sent to a laboratory, patients would be sent home, and infected patients would have to return for treatment.

The conventional approach is stupid, because many patients never return. The inconvenience of having to return for treatment is in and of itself a deterrent to testing!

The CDC's STD treatment guidelines mention "patients who have erratic healthcare-seeking behavior".

To minimize waiting, find a medical facility that truly understands the work and the clientele. At minimum, ask to leave with a prescription that you will fill only in case of a positive test result, and be sure that the facility makes test results available conveniently, via a confidential Web site.

As an aside, giving you medication for your known sexual partner(s) is also part of the CDC guidelines.

• 3 months later...

I wait as I think if I give it to someone else I could get it back from someone else they fuck with. I also wait while on treatment, sometimes for the full 3 wks! yes 3wks & no dick in my ass, but hey I get through it..I just j/o a great deal to get through the time, I also use that time to do a lot of things I haven't been able to do, like spend more time with straight friends..if only they knew why! Lol