Concerned About a Poz Buddy

3 hours ago, 1nOnlyCumDump4All said:

Study shows the virus works in all walks of life differently funny there are people that never pop a pill but some how to have a view load extremely low and T cells at the normal level for years I only say this cause someone close to me had it since I was 7 and they still alive and loving life did nothing the doctors told them to do and my uncle may he sip did everything they said and at the rate it was killing men back then took his life after 10 yrs the person I speak is my mother she is still here and I’m up in age not to far up but 40 yrs and my mother is still on this earth 

It is indeed possible for a person to contract HIV but maintain a low viral load and good numbers of T-cells. They are called "Long Term Non-Progressors" (LTNPs) and while they exist, they are rare (fewer than 5% of HIV-positive people, possibly considerably fewer).

That said, "Long Term" does not necessarily translate to "forever"; in most cases, there is a measurable but slow lowering of CD4 counts over time, such that if HIV infection occurred fairly young and those declines continue throughout life, ART may still become necessary eventually.

• 4 weeks later...