Used an OraQuick test today.

And to my surprise, it came up Neg! I have had some wild encounters over the last two years and figured I had a good chance of being poz. My last encounter was about 5-6 weeks ago, so I am going to do another OraQuick in 2 months. It's crazy to me that I don't know how to feel about the outcome, I LOVE being bred by anon cocks and taking loads. Should I get on PrEP ASAP or should I wait to take another test just to be sure?

Edited by rawTOP

Guest JizzDumpWI

They will test you with a more accurate test before putting you on PrEP. If your inclination is to start it, get to an ID doc now and start the testing... BTW, I recall similar surprise when I came up neg after some weeks of (wonderful) slutty times.

And to my surprise, it came up Neg! I have had some wild encounters over the last two years and figured I had a good chance of being poz. My last encounter was about 5-6 weeks ago, so I am going to do another OraQuick in 2 months. It's crazy to me that I don't know how to feel about the outcome, I LOVE being bred by anon cocks and taking loads. Should I get on PeEP ASAP or should I wait to take another test just to be sure?

Oraquick's window is reasonably short. Usually people who are pozz'ing turn + on Oraquick in 4-5 weeks. A 3rd generation blood antibody test is slightly better at 4 weeks. Just go to the doctor to get on PrEP ASAP and they'll figure out what test to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I did an OraQuick test about 3 weeks after a pretty wild encounter....it came up NEG.  Went to the dr. a week later for something else and it was POZ.  I know exactly when and who so if you think that it's possible you might as well go to the dr. and get the real blood test. 

• 2 years later...
Guest BBBoyfromTN

I would see a doc to be sure you're neg and get on PREP ASAP. If you wanna keep bottoming bare and stay neg the only way to do it is PREP. I thought luck and picking the "right" guys would keep me neg but I was stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't assume anything, especially since you're at the early portion of the window for testing. I'm not sure if the oraquick test shows antibodies as quickly as a traditional blood test but I'd definitely get a regular blood test to verify. In some cases I've known guys who took as long as 3 months to show a reactive test after a known exposure. 

On 8/28/2014 at 1:01 PM, jearns said:

I'd love for someone doing an in home test kit to video themselves and the kit- where one side of the video is their face reaction, the other side being the strip. best 20 minute video... especially if the strip turns poz.

Prior to going on PrEP, I tested quarterly with an Oraquick tester.  Additionally, I went to the local free testing once a year and had my normal check up the included STD testing.  I have a video of every single test.   Some, I blabber through the whole thing...others it is just the camera on the tester for a while...then back on me as I look at the results.   I always covered the tester with a napkin just for added effect.   Just for the rest of the story, went off PrEP in April and got knocked up 10 days later.....testing was done in a clinic one week ago today...so no vids on that one....