Poz Guys - Do You Like Being Poz?  

836 members have voted

1. 1. Poz Guys - Do You Like Being Poz?

• I LOVE Being Poz
    • Yeah, Sorta - but there are some negatives
    • Not Really - the negatives outweigh the positives
    • I HATE Being Poz

Guest deleted1107

Very interesting posts. In the true sense of the word it's liberating... by that I mean that you take better care of yourself, your aware of your body and what it's doing (or not doing) and in the end, for me anyway it made me appreciate life that much more. We all must have different stories on our journey, but in the end it's all ok... I have been POZ for years, found out during a simple routine exam for additional life insurance... Like rawTop says it only takes once... (protected or unprotected) and I think for me it was only twice back then... that's the truth... "twice" having unprotected sex... but I have found it's all ok. I'm a grounded fun loving, life living, family oriented successful professional. I have only one regret in the whole process over the years... that I wish I could help those who are scared, who are unaware what is ahead in their journey after they are diagnosed. I want to tell them it will be ok, it will all work out, and in the end you will be better for it. Life is about living not about dying no matter what your life situation. Having fun, being you, and looking toward the future will keep you aligned with living... That's my take... I hope that helps someone who needs some encouragement... It really is all ok..... 

I just found out yesterday that I am poz.  Although I have been having fuck flu symptoms for a few days, it was still a bit of a surprise.  No matter how well prepared to convert I felt I was, hearing those words from a health care provider certainly got my attention.

But, even though I got converted pretty quickly (around two months from taking my first "chased" poz cock until being confirmed as poz myself).  And, I am feeling like shit due to the seroconversion process and all the symptoms I am having.  Still, at the start of my first full day as a poz man, I have to say I have nothing but good thoughts about the process of getting pozzed and what it means for me in the future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out yesterday that I am poz.  Although I have been having fuck flu symptoms for a few days, it was still a bit of a surprise.  No matter how well prepared to convert I felt I was, hearing those words from a health care provider certainly got my attention.

But, even though I got converted pretty quickly (around two months from taking my first "chased" poz cock until being confirmed as poz myself).  And, I am feeling like shit due to the seroconversion process and all the symptoms I am having.  Still, at the start of my first full day as a poz man, I have to say I have nothing but good thoughts about the process of getting pozzed and what it means for me in the future.

A friend of mine told me about "those words" and about the shock. He wasn't prepared though like you, who was actively chasing. How has the week been as a poz man? Have you felt hornier or not much interest in sex?

Congrats on the conversion man.

Welcum to the poz broherhood

I answered absolutely love being POZ.

was a confirmed barebacker after I got out of the Marines. Enjoyed the exchange of body fluids with other guys. But always would be concerned about the test results..........every 4-5 months.

When my buddy Carlos pozzed up, we chatted and i was always wanting to carry his dna.

About a dozen fucks and the signs of fuck flu confirmed it.

Now have the freedom to fuck as I want. And poz guys seem to be more relaxed about things.

But, it is not somethning to take lightly.

• Upvote 8

Enjoyed the exchange of body fluids with other guys. But always would be concerned about the test results..........every 4-5 months.

Now have the freedom to fuck as I want.

Instead of "chasing the bug" another possibility is to let "the bug chase you". If it catches you, you deal with it. But it may not catch you.

Years ago I decided that I wanted to feel the freedom to engage in anonymous sex knowing very well that pozing was a strong possibility.

I took the freedom instead of just worrying every 4-5 months. Before each test I psyche myself up to believe that I have probably pozed just not to feel  disappointment if the test comes back reactive/positive. But it's never a desire to poz. I "fantasize" that I may have pozed but only to help me deal emotionally with a poz result.

• Upvote 1

When I pin a poz pig down and knock him up with my bug strain ... or I stare into a wasted fukker's eyes as fucks and spews his toxic seed into my guts ... HELL YEAH I LOVE BEING POZ.

Perhaps it is very early in my poz journey to say so, but I have to say that I love being POZ.  A number of things have happened in the time since I was tested (just 3 weeks) that would likely to have never happened if I had not converted and shared my status.   I fully understand the health risks, but overall, I feel great and have no regrets.  No doubt, for some of us the decision to chase, the process and the actual change to our bodies is a very powerful thought and feeling generator.  It has been a series of amazing feelings for me.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I could never get into the condumb craze.

Never could stay hard in rubber. Always felt like I wanted to please a guy when I had btm'd, feel his load, or enjoyed a btm impaling himself on my manhood, giving up my DNA.

I still feel to this day that condoms "cheapen" & make the sex lives more like a conveyer belt rather than a physical experience, regardless of whether guyz are fucking for pure primal pleasure, intense intimacy, hookups, or committed relationships.

Logic would dictate that these ideal had made my conversion to being poz a near inevitability.

I am man enough to have come to terms with that early in my life; even to the point of moving to a part of Canada that treated the LGBT community with respect & had some of the best leading HIV researchers in the world.. No, I was not planning on becoming poz, just planning for possible eventualities.

Yes, I had practised sero-sorting, but it only takes one person to fuck you in more way than one, & not disclose, as per the law..

So I had a few private moments where I was a typical angry, young man, & raged a bit when I got my diagnosis. I died a little inside on the walk home. Ultimately, I have embraced the fact that this is a part of my life now. Taking one pill isn't a huge deal, but keeping in mind, being an asthmatic doesn't help with HIV treatment needing specific cortisol levels, & that would interfere with breathing related medication.

I find it funny ( fucked up kind of funny ) that my last few b/f's have been HIV neg, & have had to supress my natural top inclinations with them out of respect & caring for their HIV status, making sure they remain negative if I can help it.

Within a year of converting, I had gotten some biohazard ink, & I wear the ink proudly. I am a pig, & proud of my sexual primal needs. Just because I am a pig, doesn't mean one cannot be a gentleman, however.. lol

I have never really been in awesome, ripped, shredded shape. Prety much have been the typical regular joe, avg bod. Have contemplated going off of meds at some points, inbibing plenty of protein, & allowing the virus to take it's course in terms of it's natural ability to regulate weight..

That, and one thing the docs won't tell you.. My sex drive had literally skyrocketed when I converted. It was probably a good equal mix of not having to care about sero-status, & the fact the virus was raging. Felt like my blood was calling to me to sow the wild oats in every btm who wanted my seed.. All those hot muscle tops who wore biohazard ink like myself, I finally got the guilt free pleasure of feeling those studs marking their territory with their spunk in sweaty, savage moaning sounding memories of bliss.

All in all, I am truly on the fence.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't like being poz, but it is what it is now, there's no going back so I embrace it. The fact that it's hard to remember to taken medication each day when you're not use to taking any is a bitch. Having people reject you for the simple fact you are poz is an even bigger bitch.

Hey guys,

I'm a bugchaser.

and acting if I'm poz.

in other words,

I told my complete surroundings that I'm poz. from family, friends, neighbourhood, work, colleagues, strangers, insurance companies, dentist, etc.

as in fact I'm not poz yet.

but none of them react in a strange way, none of them are insulting me in any way, I still have my job. and in fact I use it sometimes in my advantage. if there is any haha.

maybe over here in the Netherlands we act quite normal or in other words, not in panic when someone says he's poz.

• Upvote 1

On a day to day basis I don't even think about it. Overall it's a negative, from the HIV restrictions in certain countries when travelling to life insurance, mortgage insurance, even in cases where health insurance is provided free with your job.  That really ought to change though, as the benefits include some pretty good and proactive healthcare - so much so that HIV+ people may even start to outlive the general population because potentially dangerous health risks are discovered and treated sooner.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Perhaps I have over posted about this, but this thread has a bit different take.  I only tested poz less than a week ago.  I most likely was converted within the first week of starting to have bareback sex.  Additionally, I sought out poz guys and had a lot of poz sex that first week. That should indicate that my conversion was certainly not an accident.

No doubt, there will be health issues to deal with.  I knew that.  There are certain stigmas attached to being poz.  That was clear as well.

Still, I have to admit that I am happy to be part of the universal poz community.  I have found POZ guys to be open and giving sex partners. I have found that most have a very healthy outlook on life.  I have found them to be among the most authentic (in my view) gay men I have encountered in a lifetime of being queer.

I have continued to enjoy a lot of sex in the few days since my test.  I have even topped three guys--one of whom I will continue to top until he converts as well.  The sexual freedom, the connection to the poz community and the reality of living an authentic life as a poz gay man have been all that I could have hoped for.  

While I would never want any negative guy to take my experience as a guide to his own actions, I feel it is important to share our stories and help folks realize that being poz can be an important aspect of our being.