Poz Guys - Do You Like Being Poz?  

836 members have voted

1. 1. Poz Guys - Do You Like Being Poz?

• I LOVE Being Poz
    • Yeah, Sorta - but there are some negatives
    • Not Really - the negatives outweigh the positives
    • I HATE Being Poz

• Administrators

I'm just curious - on a day-to-day basis, do you like being poz or not like it? In other words, do the pros outweigh the cons or vice versa? On the plus side, the sex is probably better, but then all the medical stuff can be a hassle...

On the plus side: In general, guys who are poz tend to be a lot more fun than guys who are neg. Of course, that's because what makes them fun is what got them infected. But once you convert, you've got access to pretty much as much slutty guilt-free sex with poz guys as you like. It's also pretty much a complete license to never use condoms again. When I was neg, there was the little voice telling me that letting complete strangers breed my ass all the time probably wasn't too smart (I never listened to it...as a bottom, I craved guys unloading inside me, and as a top, I almost never could maintain a hardon with a condom). Once I converted, there was absolutely nothing at all restraining me from barebacking all the time (with the caveat that I'm open with potentially neg partners prior to sex so they can make an informed decision).

I'm happy and healthy and completely free of the hysteria surrounding sex we've had to deal with since the mid-80s.

The downside: Meds are expensive. I have to make sure I always have health insurance. Occasionally, the side effects get to me. A few people, even in the gay community, still to this day freak out when they learn you have HIV. And bug chasers (as opposed to guys who don't know and don't care about their status), I have learned, can be really fucking annoying, pressuring you to breed them at every turn.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 14

• 7 months later...

Yup being poz is not all it's cracked up to be. Remembering to take meds on time every day is a real bitch. Keeping a look out for any opportunistic infections.

Another bitch is having to disclose my status every time then deal with a potential freak out and being made feel less than dirt. Seeing the look of horror on dentists faces alone should make you bug chasers think again.

To guys wanting to convert, I say fuckin stop and think again. Understand the full repercussions of the decision to go poz. It's not to be snifed at.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 15
  • Downvote 2

Does age have anything to do with it? I was very scared of pozing when I was younger. I took my first load during the AIDS crisis in a sauna but I stopped barebacking until 15 years ago. Now olr, I'm not as afraid of pozing, but I still don't want top poz. I'm sure it's not nice to have to deal with being poz.

MascMountainMan said it BEST - "On the plus side: In general, guys who are poz tend to be a lot more fun than guys who are neg. Of course, that's because what makes them fun is what got them infected. But once you convert, you've got access to pretty much as much slutty guilt-free sex with poz guys as you like. It's also pretty much a complete license to never use condoms again. When I was neg, there was the little voice telling me that letting complete strangers breed my ass all the time probably wasn't too smart (I never listened to it...as a bottom, I craved guys unloading inside me, and as a top, I almost never could maintain a hardon with a condom). Once I converted, there was absolutely nothing at all restraining me from barebacking all the time (with the caveat that I'm open with potentially neg partners prior to sex so they can make an informed decision)."

I know part of what makes me more fun is what got me poz in the first place.... I do like the freedom it gives me to have slutty guilt free sex including letting total strangers use me as a dump!!

The downsides are -

#1. Meds are ridiculously expensive. My BF and I each have prescription plans so we are covered 100%. IF we had an 80% co pay which most people have it would still be a huge out of pocket expenses as a 90 day supply costs us $4143 CAD. It would still be over $800 out of pocket co-pay. The point is EXPENSIVE!!

#2. Having to disclose to everyone or have the bareback "debate" - You are poz you should not bareback. think of others, etc etc etc. I tell everyone upfront. I post it in my profiles. and I do not hide it. Some people chose to not chat, talk, or whatever... that is their issue not mine. better to know ahead of time than before it is too late. (Hmmmmm.... Maybe that is not a downside)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

MascMountainMan said it BEST - "...once you convert, you've got access to pretty much as much slutty guilt-free sex with poz guys as you like...When I was neg, there was the little voice telling me that letting complete strangers breed my ass all the time probably wasn't too smart...Once I converted, there was absolutely nothing at all restraining me from barebacking all the time"

The downsides are -

#1. Meds are ridiculously expensivw...

What about other "nasties"? HIV is not the only one, so the freedom of a poz guy is still restricted unless you don't care about other diseases.

I've been a BB bottom for 12 years and have felt free and I have taken loads from total strangers: I've taken loads in a gloryhole and I never saw who was on the other side, just his load running down my legs. What I'm trying to say is that an HIV-neg bottom can also allow himself to be a slut and have fun doing it.

• Upvote 1

I voted not realy. When I tested poz it was a shock because I had only done bb a couple of one off times. Obviously it only takes one encounter but I dint think it would happen to me. Taking my tablets I find easy but its annoying. I'm healthy now but I might not be for ever.

The only plus side is I get to have bareback sex with no fear from HIV, although I still worry about other bugs, infact I try to avoid people who seem too slutty.

I much prefer bareback but if I could somehow magically become neg tomorrow I would happly go back to condoms.

Edited by obsidian
  • Upvote 4

• Administrators
I voted not realy. When I tested poz it was a shock because I had only done bb a couple of one off times. Obviously it only takes one encounter but I dint think it would happen to me. Taking my tablets I find easy but its annoying. I'm healthy now but I might not be for ever.

If you didn't bareback much before testing poz, it's likely you became infected through "safe sex". Safe sex is 10 to 20 times safer than bareback. So if you had safe sex 100 times, that's the equivalent of 5 to 10 bareback encounters...

"It only takes one encounter" applies to safe sex as well as bareback.

• 3 years later...

I've always lived my life on my own terms and that means I've NEVER had a condom on/in me, so becoming poz was inevitable. I embrace my poz status as a symbol of my personal freedom and I love being poz because the poz community is full of the most wonderful men.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6
  • Piggy 1

I don't like being poz, but it is what it is now, there's no going back so I embrace it. The fact that it's hard to remember to taken medication each day when you're not use to taking any is a bitch. Having people reject you for the simple fact you are poz is an even bigger bitch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

I'm still on the fence about it some days. Some days I'm like, "Fuck yeah I'm poz. I don't have to take shit from anyone and I can have all the raw sex I want and I'll do whatever because shortened life span and such." And other days I just feel kinda meh and wonder if things would be any different if I was neg. It's probably more of not realling having "positive" friends or guys I know. Most guys I know are neg some are poz. I'd like it more if there was a poz community. If you're able to go out and slut around and be a cumdump then yeah being poz is hella fun. Even better at a cumunion, although there really status doesn't matter to anyone. It's what I love the most about it.

Some of the annoying things about being poz are places like clubs or bath houses where guys like to have dark room sex but stress a condom, make you wear a condom, or wear one themselves. They want to have anonymous or unknown sex in seedy places but the condom makes it okay. Could be sort of spoiled from cumunion where bending over, wearing a jockstrap, or hell just standing gets a raw cock in ya and not always a load but a good fuck. Or any ass that's open or bottom in a sling is free game and a nice hole to breed. It's not like that everywhere unfortunately.

And some have mentioned this but the bar thing is really a bitch. I get turned down quite a bit when I tell guys I'm poz. Honestly, it seems the only time guys are really okay with me being poz is when they're fucking me in a dark room raw or at a bar and no mention of status I'm just a hole to them and I have no qualms with that.

I can honestly say, I wouldn't recommend anyone becoming poz (despite popular vote and fantasy) but for those who are poz or become poz there are some things that make it okay. But I believe everyone who becomes poz finds something a little extra that they didn't have when they were neg. I might not be living the best right now but I am kinda living free, travelling sometimes, and having fun sexual encounters when I have them. For those who are poz, just live.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 17

I could never stay hard in a condom, either fucking or when someone fucked me but the good boy in me just put up, then I hooked with a guy in a club...think I was 18 and he was 20 and we ended up back at his, once we got all he sucking and wanking over with it was time to fuck and there was no mention of rubber...he went in raw and it was like a whole new world opened up. By the morning I went home with 3 loads inside me. We dated for 3 months and then I spotted walking into a city centre cottage and upon investigation he was fucked a guy in a stall raw. But then I was young and thought that relationships where about fucking with one guy only so ended it but left with bareback desire alight.

After that I would avoid rubbers if I could and by the time I hit 26 I was poz and I am now 36 and workout 5 times aweek and run triathlons so it hasn't stopped me in anyway; yes I have to take a pill a day...I have to do that for hayfever too, really not hard; I have to go to hospital every 6 months I get a full check up looking at everything from my weight to my blood pressure so if something is amiss there is time to fix it.

I only look for guys into bb so don't have the rejection and I find these days 90% of guys in a dark room bb and if they want it safe I just move off; however I find a lot will take that bag off anyway and go in raw.

If bb is your thing then becoming poz is something you have to deal with; so you can either moan or moan while taking a recharge off another hot poz guy and get on enjoying your one life!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 16