836 members have voted

1. 1. Poz Guys - Do You Like Being Poz?

• I LOVE Being Poz
    • Yeah, Sorta - but there are some negatives
    • Not Really - the negatives outweigh the positives
    • I HATE Being Poz

Guest Yyyyyyyyyyyy
On 2/2/2011 at 5:50 PM, ruralguy7326 said:

Yup being poz is not all it's cracked up to be. Remembering to take meds on time every day is a real bitch. Keeping a look out for any opportunistic infections.

Another bitch is having to disclose my status every time then deal with a potential freak out and being made feel less than dirt. Seeing the look of horror on dentists faces alone should make you bug chasers think again.

To guys wanting to convert, I say fuckin stop and think again. Understand the full repercussions of the decision to go poz. It's not to be snifed at.

Thank you for your honesty. As a "fence sitter" myself, I'm tempted to seek conversion. Why? Because fucking without condoms is hot (as Russian Roulette is for some people or gambling one's life away). 

Is it worth it? It's not, by reading your post. It is, by reading others. 

It's fascinating how my perspectives changed over time. Twelve years ago, while I received psychotherapy for this very reason, I wouldn't have even considered unprotected sex. 

Now, having stiffed my desires for so long, I cannot care less. Yet, your advice is sobering. 

I've been poz since the early 1980s, before HIV testing was available. I recognize everyone's experience with HIV is different, and many infected people not as fortunate in life as I have died from the disease. So speaking only for myself, being poz has enriched both my sex life as well as many other aspects of life immensely, and I have absolutely no regrets.

Neg bareback bottom here.  Have never used a condom.  I have read every post and thank all the men who have made a contribution.  It says a lot about our community that we are always there to share our feelings/experiences and support one another.  

Right now it's too soon to say how I feel.  Tested poz june 9th. 

I mean initially, I was relieved that I didn't need to worry about it anymore and I could now get the ass tat I've always wanted. Ive just got to find a guy to do it.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Great answers here. For me as a new convert from chasing I can definitely say i love being poz. I am part of a great circle of poz guys now and they have no hang ups or issues about it and embrace the pozitives (pun intended). I have ZERO regrets for getting it. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3
  • Piggy 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Alphpig
On 6/14/2021 at 3:30 PM, smileatyou said:

I love being poz, b.JPG.3f688f23077b95c056a3533f4db1dab0.JPG

I would love to feast on that with my tongue and cock. Goddamn that’s a hot hole. 

Guest WelshBBCigarFuck
On 5/2/2017 at 5:09 PM, Leatherman667 said:

That was my thinking; poz guys, whether top or bottom tend to be more slutty IMO. Throwing all caution to the wind!!!

Whilst I am neg, I do prefer playing with poz guys and had a few poz fuck buds over the years, far fewer inhibitions and a lot more fun.

14 hours ago, hungryfaggotcunt said:

so in a pre prep world i totally get why some pople are happy to be poz.. but now that there is prep i cant understand seeking that fate anymore

I agree. Pre-PrEp, I was a condom nazi. But I always, always really wanted to be fucked raw. I remember discovering the iblastinside website and reading of his experiences stealthing. I was morally outraged that people would do that, but at the same time, it made me horny as hell. (Looking back, I must have been stealthed dozens of times.) Now I’m on PrEP, and I take all loads. And I don’t parTy. But I get off reading gifting and chemsex stories and watching videos of very verbal pozzing. I love the fantasy of being pozzed but don’t want that for my reality. That said, if I converted, it wouldn’t shatter my world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's more of a range from a shrug to fuck yeah with being poz with the occasional this isn't fun moment.  I'd take sex with a brother any day over sex with a neg guy - much more fun, less inhibited.  But overall, I've never had an ounce of regret or any self-loathing.  I don't beat myself up for eating too much junk food and now having high cholesterol - oh the horror of needing to take a statin every day for the rest of my life, why did I have that donut, just why.   Breed a brother silly and go out for a eggs and bacon the next morning.  Perfect!

I haven’t had much of any real moments where being positive has had a physical medical effect.  I have a bunch of negative moments based on social stigma.  A lot of it would have been better with a better social support network.  Took a long time to learn to be kinder to myself.

• Upvote 1