Not Wanting To Get Tested For HIV

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would always recommed getting tested. I went through a similar situation recently. Last possible exposure was November las year but I didn't want to know my status till I had finished uni. Even then I kept putting it off but just took the plunge one day. The thing is: you may not wanna know if you are poz. But the test doesn't make you poz and if you do not get tested I find you live your life as if you were poz anyway.

• 4 months later...
[i just broke these posts off into their own thread so we didn't have two different discussions going on at the same time.]

TwinkCC raises an interesting dilemma - with kids start to bareback when they're very young it's pretty complicated for them when it comes to STDs and the like. In other posts he's said he started barebacking at 13. So what does someone like him do for the next 5 or 6 years before they're out from under their parent's watchful eye? OK, the parent might not be that watchful - they don't know their kid is getting loads of cum in their ass, but they will find out if the kid gets an STD or tests poz. If they're in a major city there will probably be a clinic they can go to for confidential medical care (here in NYC Callen Lorde has the HOTT program for teens), but what if the kid isn't in a major city and only has access to the family doctor?

No wonder some of them don't want to know - they think the social impact with their family is far worse than anything HIV can do. But the problem is that if they got HIV early (at 13 or 14) they'll be waiting too long to get diagnosed and it will really have a huge impact on their health and life expectancy.

you have a point on the clinics but the child could ask to go into the doctor office alone then be mostly safe with the doctor not telling the parents

twinkcc: in Switzerland (where it appears you're from), there may indeed be ways to get anonymously tested, although you might have to pay for the test (CHF 30-80) out-of-pocket.

Take a look at: http://www.aids.ch/e/fragen/hivtest.php

Their site might be slightly out of date, particularly regarding home testing. For example, OraQuick test is now FDA-approved for home use in USA.

Guest bamabarebackbtm

I was tested once about 5 years ago at the local health department, and it was such a humiliating experience that I won't be tested again. Im honest and tell tops that I have not been tested if they ask.

• 4 months later...

I am 47 years old. I have lived in fear of getting tested all my life. i have spent many a night in panic and worry over the thought i could be poz. I have been a lurker on the board for some time. I wanted to share my story about not wanting to get tested. My life has been pretty tame. In the 90s until early 2000 I spent a lot of time cruising the ABS sucked a lot of dick always to completion. I only remember getting fucked there once and the guy used a condom. Other than that up until I found the old bugshare site and this site my bb anal sex had only been with partners. Since finding these sites I have like many people thought the idea of intentionally exposing oneself to HIV crazy. Nevertheless I was turned on by the stories and have shot many of loads to them. I have taken more risk having bb anal hook ups and letting people with whose status i did not know breed me. I have even paid a rent boy who said he was neg to breed me. I never had sex with anyone who said they were pos but have flirted with it. Today a guy who claimed he was neg was visiting the city where I live. We had planned to hook up so he could breed me. Long story short I agonized all day about whether or not to do it. In the end he cancelled anyway. I have a lot of upcoming travel with plans to bb. It always makes me anxious. Today while reading the stories i decided it's time I know. If I am poz I am going to stop stressing and enjoy the ride. If I am neg I may still continue on my journey but with different insights. I guess I had fallen in love with and accepted the fact that I could be poz and was ok with it. Tonight after dinner with a friend I went to cvs purchased an oraquick test came home read the direction and took the test. While waiting for the results read some hot stories. My results were neg. I am happy with this result as I don't consider myself a chaser. I do enjoy the thrill of the risk but in the end I don't want to be poz. I am prepared for what may come. Had it not been for this site I don't think I could have made this step. I am not sure what the future hold for me but I am ok with that. Just wanted to share my long journey.

Guest JizzDumpWI

I have always tested each year. But a bud of mine went blind from undetected and thus untreated syph. Now I test every three months. Find a clinic you like and stick with it.