Not Wanting To Get Tested For HIV

I have always tested each year. But a bud of mine went blind from undetected and thus untreated syph. Now I test every three months. Find a clinic you like and stick with it.

Bingo. And heres a couple things that make it easier.

The people at clinics really do not judge you. I worked at a clinic before, and I will tell you that almost everyone who worked there had unprotected sex in some form somewhat regularaly, and "slip-ups" where they were worried happened to them too. Also When I first started there I never got tested, and didnt for a few years, even after dating a poz/undetec guy.

The fear of going was eating me up more than knowing ever would and I suspect that many people on here are the same way. Its honestly easier to know, neg or poz than to constantly not have any idea. A good friend of mine tested poz unexpectedly recently, and while he had a bad time at first, he is better now, and wants to just control it and live a normal life.

I have personally found that the easiest way to do it is to go every three months on a schedule, even if there was no possible exposure. This way it becomes routine, and it feels wierd not to go.

rawTOP is correct, the people that die or get very sick today do so because they ignore it, and their health.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic