Post Your Problems With The New Site Here

jackdaw

First, thanks for the update! The new site is more attractive, and the new software has potential.

As more and more people access Web sites from mobile devices, Apple's Safari browser on the iPhone being the largest single medium, it's important to check page layouts on that platform. The new site is better, but some pages still don't render correctly or usably in Safari on the iPhone.

I also notice that some meaningful user interface idioms have been lost. For example, in reading other people's comments just now, I noticed that there was no indication of how far I had scrolled, or had yet to scroll, through the long thread. A visual scroll bar isn't needed anymore, as sliding one's finger up or down at the right does the job, but a scroll indicator is still needed, to help users judge their reading progress.

• Administrators

I want to change my screenname (display name), which in the locked forum, you said would be something we could do ourselves.  Where do I go to do that?

That one stumps me. The feature should be there, but it's only showing for my account. On Monday I'll put in a support ticket to see what the software vendor says.

• Administrators

The new site is better, but some pages still don't render correctly or usably in Safari on the iPhone.

I'm aware of this. I have an iPhone and an iPad and have seen some problems, but I've been concentrating on the desktop version first. I'll get to the iOS stuff this week.

I did get to one iPhone problem today - the logo wasn't displaying. Now it is :)

I also notice that some meaningful user interface idioms have been lost. For example, in reading other people's comments just now, I noticed that there was no indication of how far I had scrolled, or had yet to scroll, through the long thread. A visual scroll bar isn't needed anymore, as sliding one's finger up or down at the right does the job, but a scroll indicator is still needed, to help users judge their reading progress.

I'll look into that.

I'm on Android, and I see all the sections. You just have to scroll down a long ways. The right column--and all the contents of it are right there; it just slides below the left column. That's a common way to do the responsive design.

The dates are on the original posts, but not follow-ups from what I can see. No biggie for me, since hey are in order.

However--I'm viewing for the first time on my Android phone (writing this post on computer), and I haven't logged in--just viewing as guest, and I can see (and open) the Cross Dressers & Transexuals Forum and the individual threads under it. Should that be visible to unregistered users?

...I'm on Android and unfortunately am missing all the useful information on the right hand side of the screen such as last post info etc, in fact none of the posts in any thread show a date so it is impossible to know when the last post was made. Zooming in and out appears to be disabled. I love the new look but without the dates of posts showing (i.e. When it says '6 hours ago etc.) it is difficult to use the site on Android.

• Moderators

Is there a way to go straight to the first unread post when you open a thread? I know I can open a post and click the link to go to the first unread post. This is starting to work more reliably. It just means extra clicks going in and going out.

• Moderators

Is there a way to go straight to the first unread post when you open a thread? I know I can open a post and click the link to go to the first unread post. This is starting to work more reliably. It just means extra clicks going in and going out.

Ok. I see how it is supposed to work. The dot to the left of the thread should take me to the first unread. It's just unreliable on threads I have never opened before in the new version.

I was told it would be easier to change my name after migration. When I go to edit my profile or setting, there is no option for that. Thought it was due to small screen on iPhone, so I tried on iPad. Same problem. Must I be on PC to have he option?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.