Post Your Problems With The New Site Here

jackdaw

• Administrators

I'm on Android, and I see all the sections. You just have to scroll down a long ways. The right column--and all the contents of it are right there; it just slides below the left column. That's a common way to do the responsive design.

There's a "hamburger" (three thick lines stacked) to the right of the logo in the header. That's the universal symbol for mobile menu. Click it and you'll see the navigation. You don't need to go to the bottom.

However--I'm viewing for the first time on my Android phone (writing this post on computer), and I haven't logged in--just viewing as guest, and I can see (and open) the Cross Dressers & Transexuals Forum and the individual threads under it. Should that be visible to unregistered users?

The CD/Tranny forum has always been publicly visible.

I was told it would be easier to change my name after migration. When I go to edit my profile or setting, there is no option for that. Thought it was due to small screen on iPhone, so I tried on iPad. Same problem. Must I be on PC to have he option?

Asked and answered a few times… The feature is not working as it should and I'll be putting in a support ticket with the software vendor to see if I can get it working.

• Administrators

I can't join any groups....

Thanks for taking to time out to work on the upgraded site. However I now notice that I can't join any new groups, nor can I post to the groups (group discussions) I already belong to. Is there some new setting that I don't know about?

I've mentioned a few times that groups are an outstanding issue. Honestly I'm frustrated and not sure I can get groups working again - at least not as well as they were before.

One thing I used to like and which was the first thing I always did on the old site was to go to my profile to see what my friends had posted recently. Is there an equivalent feature here?

I don't think so, unfortunately. But I'm looking into an add-on that would do this - so hopefully soon.

• Administrators

I'd like to see higher contrast in the text -- there's way to much small, light gray on slightly darker gray backgrounds. Gray is fine for interface elements, but text should really be rendered in black so that it's readable.

I'm slowly improving that stuff. A little every day...

I used to check the forum by browsing new posts since last visit. Afterwards i clicked "mark all forums read". I can still check the new posts as it was before, but i cannot find the "mark all forums read"-button. Do i have to check out, and then check back in to do the same as marking all forums read? (normally i don't log out but keep my screen minimalised)

• Administrators

I used to check the forum by browsing new posts since last visit. Afterwards i clicked "mark all forums read". I can still check the new posts as it was before, but i cannot find the "mark all forums read"-button. Do i have to check out, and then check back in to do the same as marking all forums read? (normally i don't log out but keep my screen minimalised)

At the bottom of the page next to the big RSS logo there's a link "Mark Community Read" - that should do what you're looking for.

• Administrators

I used to use Forum Runner to browse on my phone. Is that or another app still supported?

Supported? Not exactly. Will it work? Probably.

Forum Runner does work with IP.Board-based forums. I've installed the necessary files (just now) and managed to bring down the site for a bit in the process (it was a bit disconcerting). I've also jumped through the hoops Forum Runner says to jump through in terms of registering the site with them. But I haven't tested it – I'll leave that to you. Let me know how it goes.

I am using kindle fire and keep getting script not running error then it closes and I have to restart

Unfortunately the Kindle appears to be 1/4 of 1% of visits to my sites. Hence, it's not a supported platform. Please use something else to access the site.

Supported? Not exactly. Will it work? Probably.Forum Runner does work with IP.Board-based forums. I've installed the necessary files (just now) and managed to bring down the site for a bit in the process (it was a bit disconcerting). I've also jumped through the hoops Forum Runner says to jump through in terms of registering the site with them. But I haven't tested it – I'll leave that to you. Let me know how it goes. Unfortunately the Kindle appears to be 1/4 of 1% of visits to my sites. Hence, it's not a supported platform. Please use something else to access the site.

And it works!

Spoke too soon. You can view headers and posts, but once you select a post to view it says "page not found"

I'm aware of this. I have an iPhone and an iPad and have seen some problems, but I've been concentrating on the desktop version first. ...

Thank you, RawTOP. I appreciate all of the work you do to provide this community forum, and I will be contributing again as soon as I have the resources.

One other observation, which another person hinted at --

Dates and times are no longer listed with each post in a thread. Perhaps it's an iOS-only issue.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.