What Do You Think Of The New Version Of Breeding Zone?

rawTOP

Opinion of new version of Breeding Zone  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new version of Breeding Zone?

• Administrators

In general most people seem to like the new version of Breeding Zone, but I have gotten a few complaints and the complaints have been pretty bitter. Just wondering what people really think since a lot of people think things but don't say anything.

Now, realize that I know there are some bugs and needed improvements. Please take that in mind when voting. If it's just a bug, it'll get fixed. I'm looking for general impressions about where the site is going, not momentary problems.

If you're having issues with the new version - please check out this thread…

https://breeding.zone/topic/29910-post-your-problems-with-the-new-site-here/

and if the item you're having problems with isn't mentioned, let me know you're issue… DO NOT POST SPECIFIC PROBLEMS HERE. THIS IS NOT A TECH SUPPORT THREAD. The other thread is for that.

• Administrators

I only wish that there was a feed like on the old site. But thats really my only complaint

There's the new content page, but nothing where everything is all mixed together like the activity page that the old site has. There might be a third party add-on for that. When the major bugs gets fixed I'll look for one.

Still need to get used to the new look and navigation. I seem to be missing features that were on the old site but cannot find (easily) here, or trying to figure out how things work here. But maybe that improves once I play around on the new site more. I'll post any problems I encounter to the thread you mentioned above. There may be several entries from me on that thread if and when I bump into new things or have questions. But conversion must have been a hell of a job so I do understand if some issues I have are just a navigation issue or really features that have disappeared. 

The look is very clean. A lot of it I like, some areas seem to be missing but I need to do more exploring. It will take awhile to get used to. This has nothing to do with design, however, I wish profiles at least required what state they live in. Thanks.

OK, I have to ask...what do the dots mean under Members?

A few things I noticed so far

- Yesterday I saw a Chat button on the top of the page (with the number of users in Chat). I tried it but even though it listed the guys in Chat, the pop-up kept "loading" up until the point I gave up and closed it. Now the Chat button seems to have disappeared alltogether?

- It may be worthwile to point out the "new content" button on the top left. I was looking for that button because you mentioned it in your replies but I did not notice it until I accidentally hovered my pointer over it.

- In posting a message or replying to one I could not copy/past a URL from a different screen I had open. Simply did not work. Neither copy/past nor Ctrl+V worked. I then tried to use the "link" button in the toolbar but that didn't work either. The OK button to post the link was greyed out.I then used the "back" button to go back to the thread but then I got trown out of the thread alltogether nad was returned to the topic listings.

Just a few small things but I thought these may be useful to know. Other stuff is just a matter of navigation really. I did find things I thought were missing by just going through the site. If I can remember how I got to those in the end is a different matter :-) Will just take some time.

Oh.....and one more thing. The "down Arrow" which says "preview this topic" doesn't work. When I click on it it doesn't show a preview. The Arrow just changes to an "x", which you have to click on again to change it back to the Arrow.

• Upvote 1

• Administrators

have to give it time to get use to it, right now, not really impressed but time will tell, I do like the aspect of liking a comment or story otherwise I really don't see anything that says it's better than before......just my opinion

The more I use it the more I like it. I guess it's just like most things in life when something new comes along - a bit of a learning curve and then everything just falls into place!

xtranicegayguy - As BBPaulZA says, it'll grow on you as you figure stuff out. If you're neutral about it, but see a few things you like - that's all I can ask for. The change was made because the platform I was on previously was a dead end. So even a lateral move is fine with me. It's when people hate it that I have to stop and ask why and see if I can resolve their issues.

I find it hard to navigate

Can you go into depth about exactly how it's hard to navigate? What exactly is the problem?

apparently people can add you as a friend without being prompted?

You can change that in your settings. Unfortunately that setting wasn't brought over in the conversion. I'll see if I can find the setting in the raw data and change it manually. Then the question is what the default should be for new users…

OK, I have to ask...what do the dots mean under Members?

I think the dots relate to the total number of posts??

Yes, the dots = your rank category on the site which is where the words "whore", "barebacker", etc. come from. That's different than your "reputation" which is how many people like what you've posted. Which is different yet again to topic/thread ratings. 

- Yesterday I saw a Chat button on the top of the page (with the number of users in Chat). I tried it but even though it listed the guys in Chat, the pop-up kept "loading" up until the point I gave up and closed it. Now the Chat button seems to have disappeared alltogether?

That's explained here. Quick version - the chat feature didn't encrypt communications and Chrome and Firefox refused to let it load from an insecure server. As a result I've disabled it and am looking into a better chat solution.

- In posting a message or replying to one I could not copy/past a URL from a different screen I had open. Simply did not work. Neither copy/past nor Ctrl+V worked. I then tried to use the "link" button in the toolbar but that didn't work either. The OK button to post the link was greyed out.I then used the "back" button to go back to the thread but then I got trown out of the thread alltogether nad was returned to the topic listings.

There are two modes in the editor - one that drops you down to code and one that's WYSIWYG. It sounds like you were in the code mode. Switch to WYSIWYG mode and those things will work. Just click the top left icon in the editor to switch (looks a bit like a light switch. If that doesn't fix it, post the problem in the problems thread. This isn't really the place to deal with tech support stuff.

Oh.....and one more thing. The "down Arrow" which says "preview this topic" doesn't work. When I click on it it doesn't show a preview. The Arrow just changes to an "x", which you have to click on again to change it back to the Arrow.

It works for me. It inserts a block just after the listing with the first and last posts from the thread. What platform are you on (OS & browser)?

I really miss the 'posts' button...

- It may be worthwile to point out the "new content" button on the top left. I was looking for that button because you mentioned it in your replies but I did not notice it until I accidentally hovered my pointer over it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for pointing that out. Now I just have to figure out how to get people to notice it…

There's the new content page, but nothing where everything is all mixed together like the activity page that the old site has. There might be a third party add-on for that. When the major bugs gets fixed I'll look for one.

I much prefer the old activity news feed where one was able to view the post, instead of having to view the thread and then click on the last post. I find my self not checking in on breeding zone as much now because it takes more time to view new posts

• Upvote 1