Bathhouse Annoyances

19HairyBoy

Hey Read

I am a frequenter of steamworks too and these are a few things that bug the hell out of me.. 

Lurkers: They stand just outside the door and peek/stare at you... but as soon as you try to make eye contact they run! Literally! 

Cockblockers: When  you say no they just stand in the corridor and keep staring at you hoping you change your mind! Dumbasses think they are cockblocking you but they don't realize that they are their own cockblockers. People that are interested in them are just passing by!

Petters: When you are on the fuck bench, guys that walk up and pet your ass like you are their family dog.

Rubbers: No other name for them!. They just want to come and rub your skin and don't seem to grasp the idea that you are not enjoying it because they are making you hornier and can't fuck you!

Substituters: Guys that want to kiss and cuddle.. Seriously, If I wanted the boyfriend experience I would go look for one. I come to the bathhouse for raunch!

Last but not least...

The Cockteasers: They come in start foreplay, rimming your ass... getting you wet then say lets take a break... 

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...
On 8/24/2014 at 2:41 AM, 19HairyBoy said:

What are some things that annoy you when at a bathhouse?

For me a good sauna/bathhouse: (1) Has to provide good cleaning facilities for deep cleaning, especially when they offer public or private slings. (2) I like saunas with enough dark areas conducive to to some kinky action. (3) The place has to offer private rooms

• Thanks 1

Love this thread, haven’t seen it before.  So much of what has been said already is spot on.  Things that resonate with me in particular are:

1). Inadequate facilities for cleaning out.  Here in the UK I don’t think I’ve come across a single sauna which has made any provision for this at all... I mean, I don’t expect ordinary pubs/restaurants to provide these facilities, but a sauna should have all the necessary plumbing.  Come on- step up!

2). Guys standing around the cruising areas having a good ol’ natter about God knows what.  Particularly upsetting when a hunk you’ve had your eye on as a potential ‘rough top’ reveals himself to be as camp as Christmas.

3). Guys who shamelessly just won’t take no for an answer, and who repeatedly prey on one’s good manners and politeness to try to force one into an unwanted coupling (“I really didn’t want to, but I just thought it was rude to keep saying no 🤷🏻‍♂️“).

In defence of the guys standing round who refuse to make eye contact:  I used to be one of them!  It doesn’t it necessarily means they are arrogant or think themselves better than everyone else: they might just be painfully shy and a bit out of their depth.  I would often fail to make eye contact with guys I thought were far too good for me: I was fearful of rejection, or a getting a look of disgust/dismissal from them in return...  For some people, I think it can take many visits to the bathhouse to acquire the confidence needed to interact properly with the other guys there, so cut them some slack!

• Upvote 1

Not having a true "dark room."  The closest city where i have access to a bath house is Portland Oregon, and there are two there. One doesn't even have a dark room and the other'd dark room is the size of a walk in closet.  Its so small that the light from the door (dark plastic slats) makes it only semi dark.  i have yet to experience a dark room that is at least the size of a bedroom and is pitch black so all you can you have is hearing and feeling to go by.  

• Upvote 2

For me, it’s inconsiderate people in general, which takes in a lot of what others have already posted here. I have examples, though. At the bathhouse I go to, men frequently unscrew the lightbulb around the bend in the steamroom - perfectly safe of course where you’re naked in an environment with wall-to-wall dripping water - just to get a semi-darkroom. But if some big or old guy gets back there and the heat becomes more than he can handle, nobody would ever notice his distress. Same thing with the way they insist on piling up into fellatio-clusters right at the bend so no one can pass in or out. I know this all makes me sound like a bit of a tool, but public safety was part of my job, and I care about these things. Besides, nothing can close a fun place down quicker than a visit by a Fire Marshal who judges a place unsafe. I’ve watched that happen to a BDSM playroom.

The competitive bottoms thing continues to baffle me. I’ve had them take signs off my room door and put them in the garbage, erase notes written about me on the chalkboards (nice compliments like “Room 301 - Great Ass”), and cockblock me in the steam room.

And while I’m at it, what’s with these guys who come upon an inviting ass, insert a finger, bend it into a hook, and twist it in a rapid circle inside? Would you all please stop doing that? And for the love of Christmas, trim your friggin’ nails before you go poking around in there.

Attention Tops: If you find me at the bathhouse, You are entitled to fuck me. I will turn no one away. But the responsibility of presenting a cock erect enough to penetrate me is on you. Please stop trying to stuff me with noodles.

On a related note, the frequency at which I’m seeing Tops whiffing poppers at the bathhouse is just getting ridiculous. Gentlemen - POPPERS KILL BONERS. It’s science, men, and even if you’re virile enough to withstand a snort or two, if you keep going, they will deflate you. Trust me. I’ve yet to meet a Top who could keep it rigid.

(I’m not annoyed at these Tops - I love Tops. I just get frustrated when I can’t give them the best ass possible. 🙂. )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ErosWired said:

The competitive bottoms thing continues to baffle me. I’ve had them take signs off my room door and put them in the garbage, erase notes written about me on the chalkboards (nice compliments like “Room 301 - Great Ass”), and cockblock me in the steam room.

And while I’m at it, what’s with these guys who come upon an inviting ass, insert a finger, bend it into a hook, and twist it in a rapid circle inside? Would you all please stop doing that? And for the love of Christmas, trim your friggin’ nails before you go poking around in there.

Attention Tops: If you find me at the bathhouse, You are entitled to fuck me. I will turn no one away. But the responsibility of presenting a cock erect enough to penetrate me is on you. Please stop trying to stuff me with noodles.

On a related note, the frequency at which I’m seeing Tops whiffing poppers at the bathhouse is just getting ridiculous. Gentlemen - POPPERS KILL BONERS. It’s science, men, and even if you’re virile enough to withstand a snort or two, if you keep going, they will deflate you. Trust me. I’ve yet to meet a Top who could keep it rigid.

(I’m not annoyed at these Tops - I love Tops. I just get frustrated when I can’t give them the best ass possible. 🙂. )

LMAO, sigh. ditto dear Eros. 

Competitive bottoms baffle me too. i've left cruising locales before when i noted too many bottoms. i'd rather let a fellow bottom have the Tops looking than compete with them.  my overarching emotion for guys is i really just love guys, bottoms or Tops, Dom's or subs, even if i am not sexually compatible with everyone. i love when a fellow bottom or sub gets what they need/want as much as i love it when a Top or Dom does. i like happy, lusty, fulfilled guys. 

i feel badly for guys who cannot get erect yet obviously want to fuck. i try to be encouraging in case it isn't physiological, but honestly, i often end up feeling distressed for them. i've had guys who want to be FB's who seem to be convinced that they have been fucking me the last few times, but actually have had performance issues... i wonder how they maintain the fantasy, i'd think they'd be really frustrated and stop. 

i know some guys really get off on "rough" sex, including dry penetration and sandpaper fingers. It's a buzz kill for me. And fingernails... eek!

Poppers. Their original use was as an anti anginal (heart pain related to ischemia, or lack of blood flow/oxygen to the heart). It's a vasodilator and has side effect of dropping blood pressure.  i suspect that the only reason there are not more popper accidents is because of it's short half life and efficacy duration.  

I feel there's very little left for me to add that hasn't been said my many of you fine gentlemen already.  In visiting bathhouses/saunas/sex clubs over the last 15 years, I've certainly been annoyed often.  That being said, I wouldn't trade any of those experiences for anything in the world.  I think these places actually have quite a few advantages over the apps/websites/etc., so it's disappointing to see bathhouses becoming rarer in many cities (especially in the US).

As for my annoyances:

1.  Competitive bottoms:  I've actually noticed this getting worse post-PrEP.  It's made more guys feel comfortable getting fucked bareback, so there available pool has gotten larger.  I still get my action; it just means I have to work a little harder to get it.

2.  More relevant to cruise clubs or spots, but top guys who put me in a really awkward position to try and fuck me.  I'm a tall guy (over 6') and many times I'm one of the tallest people in a given room.  Let me position myself on the bench/bed/sling/chair to ensure you have a comfortable path; don't get mad when the convoluted contorting you've put my legs through makes me feel uncomfortable.

3.  I'm a shy person generally, and rarely make the first move.  But my body language says it all.  If I'm interested, I'll give the crotch stare/lip lick/eye contact; it does the trick.  If I've politely signalled my lack of interest the first time, the second (and even the third) time will be more direct and blunt.  Don't poke the bear (no pun intended).

4.  Not everyone will be everyone else's type.  Don't let a bad moment ruin your evening.  

5.  Don't get me started on sling lizards...  (see point 1 above - usually these two are interrelated).

I'll reserve the "pro"s of the bathhouses for another thread.  If I don't see one already, I may start it on my own 🙂 

Cumdumptor,

I must agree with you on all points. It's make me mad (and even chuckle) when I'm on the fuck bench, and like you said, I get petted up and down my back like the family dog or even spanked. I want cock and cum! OINK, pigbro! 

Guest GoneFishing
On 3/31/2017 at 4:47 PM, cumdumptor said:

Hey Read

I am a frequenter of steamworks too and these are a few things that bug the hell out of me.. 

Lurkers: They stand just outside the door and peek/stare at you... but as soon as you try to make eye contact they run! Literally! 

Cockblockers: When  you say no they just stand in the corridor and keep staring at you hoping you change your mind! Dumbasses think they are cockblocking you but they don't realize that they are their own cockblockers. People that are interested in them are just passing by!

Petters: When you are on the fuck bench, guys that walk up and pet your ass like you are their family dog.

Rubbers: No other name for them!. They just want to come and rub your skin and don't seem to grasp the idea that you are not enjoying it because they are making you hornier and can't fuck you!

Substituters: Guys that want to kiss and cuddle.. Seriously, If I wanted the boyfriend experience I would go look for one. I come to the bathhouse for raunch!

Last but not least...

The Cockteasers: They come in start foreplay, rimming your ass... getting you wet then say lets take a break... 

That is super true. 

Yeah hate the ones that block by door  get off my lawn :)

Guest GoneFishing

Yes. The sling hog is the worst. 

One day I’ll have the balls to say hey 2 load min and you have zero so beat it 

Guest TravelGuy4Bareback

Its a bathhouse, so I know there are many different guys there and everyone gets off differently. But a few things do annoy me.

1) guys who don't understand what "no" means. They keep pushing their way into your play or they follow you around non-stop.

2) guys who can't get hard but want to fuck you. 

3) guys who demand condoms. Such a turn off for me, but if the cock is good, I'll go with it. 

4) No dark spaces or good public play areas. I wish more places had fully dark rooms with platforms and slings. 

Those are really my big issues, but I just take it as it goes with I go to a bath. 

Guest GoneFishing
2 hours ago, LetsPOZBreed said:

I feel there's very little left for me to add that hasn't been said my many of you fine gentlemen already.  In visiting bathhouses/saunas/sex clubs over the last 15 years, I've certainly been annoyed often.  That being said, I wouldn't trade any of those experiences for anything in the world.  I think these places actually have quite a few advantages over the apps/websites/etc., so it's disappointing to see bathhouses becoming rarer in many cities (especially in the US).

As for my annoyances:

1.  Competitive bottoms:  I've actually noticed this getting worse post-PrEP.  It's made more guys feel comfortable getting fucked bareback, so there available pool has gotten larger.  I still get my action; it just means I have to work a little harder to get it.

2.  More relevant to cruise clubs or spots, but top guys who put me in a really awkward position to try and fuck me.  I'm a tall guy (over 6') and many times I'm one of the tallest people in a given room.  Let me position myself on the bench/bed/sling/chair to ensure you have a comfortable path; don't get mad when the convoluted contorting you've put my legs through makes me feel uncomfortable.

3.  I'm a shy person generally, and rarely make the first move.  But my body language says it all.  If I'm interested, I'll give the crotch stare/lip lick/eye contact; it does the trick.  If I've politely signalled my lack of interest the first time, the second (and even the third) time will be more direct and blunt.  Don't poke the bear (no pun intended).

4.  Not everyone will be everyone else's type.  Don't let a bad moment ruin your evening.  

5.  Don't get me started on sling lizards...  (see point 1 above - usually these two are interrelated).

I'll reserve the "pro"s of the bathhouses for another thread.  If I don't see one already, I may start it on my own 🙂 

Well said !  Woof 

I’ve never been to a bathhouse I’m kind of nervous because I feel on comfortable walking around naked or with just a towel and then what about if somebody tries to hit on me that I’m not interested in I’m always polite and just say no thank you Bob are they clean or do they smellI’ve never been to a bathhouse I’m kind of nervous because I feel on comfortable walking around naked or with just a towel and then what about if somebody tries to hit on me that I’m not interested in I’m always polite and just say no thank you Bob are they clean or do they smell