Prep How Long Have You Been On It, And Are You Still Neg?

Pitt1988

• 6 months later...

Been on since Sep 14. Didn't hook up a ton before Prep but had an HIV scare a few years back which ultimately destroyed my relationship with a guy, so I guess the word "consequence" stays in the forefront of my mind. Prep gave me peace of mind and I've shacked up with a couple of fantastic pig whores since - taken and given loads but not a lot. Tested 3 times now, all clear for STIs, HIV and tolerance. I always communicate to friends that Prep is a no brainer for so many reasons if you can...whether single or not. My health option covers most of the monthly cost so it's an insurance policy. With the warmer weather coming I'm looking forward to a bit more fun after a long winter of snow AND Hiv fear. :)

I see I answered this thread a while back, but I'll update. Now, I've been on PrEP for 2 years and a half, (does that make me a PrEP veteran?) Never had any side effects. Took many many loads, and getting fucked raw a lot more often. I can't remember last time I used a condom. Still negative. I did get chlamydia in the butt a couple of times, but went away easily with just one pill (1 gram of Azytromicin). Also HPV is lurking around without much consequence, but HPV is unavoidable if you have any sort of sex...  I'm pretty convinced PrEP worked saved me from seroconverting because a lot of the loads happened from random people in bathhouses.. seems like I should have seroconverted by now.

Edited by rawfuckr

Hi rawfuckr and ptown68; your updates sound thrilling! ive spreading the word about PREP to many other guys and they are just absolutley dumbfounded they can finally now enjoy some hot raw uninhibited sex; 5 years ago i noticed some small warts in my butt, so by now im almost sure i have HPV and i was always safe even back when i got it; so i dont think a vaccination would work at this point; so to heck with worrying about hpv or chlamydia, time to have some worry free fun! 

rawfuckr: what are the symptoms of chlamydia in the butt? thanks

Hi rawfuckr and ptown68; your updates sound thrilling! ive spreading the word about PREP to many other guys and they are just absolutley dumbfounded they can finally now enjoy some hot raw uninhibited sex; 5 years ago i noticed some small warts in my butt, so by now im almost sure i have HPV and i was always safe even back when i got it; so i dont think a vaccination would work at this point; so to heck with worrying about hpv or chlamydia, time to have some worry free fun! 

rawfuckr: what are the symptoms of chlamydia in the butt? thanks

HPV vaccination could still be good regardless of what you hear around that 'if you already got HPV vaccine will do nothing'. Not true. HPV infections are localized and are not blood-borne. While the vaccine can't do anything about a current infection in some area it can still prevent infection in other areas. Also, for Gardasil-9 you may very well have not been infected by any of the 9 types it covers so you'll get immunity to that.

Regarding Chlamydia in the butt, most common symptoms are none. Often, the body fights it off and goes away but sometimes it can cause trouble. That's why it's important to get your ass swabbed for gono and clam. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been on PrEP for 8 months now, had a blood test in August, still negative. I'm getting tested by my doctor every 3 months, next test in November. I'm getting fucked and not asking status now.  Usually take 2 or 3 raw loads every time I'm at one of the bathhouses or bookstores in Philly; I'm also meeting up with guys online near me and taking their raw loads.

• 2 weeks later...

PrEP since January 15. Only taken raw loads since, usually poz undetectable but several guys claiming to be toxic, one who claimed he knocked up every bottom the first breeding, he didnt know i was on PrEP. He says i will test poz in Oct, absolutely certain of it lol. Guess i will find out soon.

• Upvote 2

Guest TravelGuy4Bareback

Started November 2014. Tested every 3 months, last time being in August. I take bareback loads only. Most have been neg guys (or they say) but have taken a few poz loads. Still neg. I'm about 95% compliant on taking PrEP every day.

• 3 weeks later...