Should I Still Have Sex While On Pep

freshxtop5

I just recently went on PEP after a Cum Union party just in case because I found out one guy who fucked me was Poz (nothing against him and also my own fault anyway) and he didn't cum in me plus I used enema after because it was closing down, but the doctor said I should not have sex for the 28 days I am on it. I have 2 regular fuck buds who are neg and they like to load me up. So I was wondering can I still have sex while on PEP? And has anyone been on PEP and still had sex while on it?

Edited by freshxtop5

Guest JizzDumpWI

You need to decide how literally to take your doc. if you play during treatment you should tell your sex partners. Good chance that seven to ten days into PEP you won't be passing on anything. I would avoid another cumunion party while on it, but familiar fuckbuds likely ok. Again, just make sure they know you are on PEP.

You need to decide how literally to take your doc. if you play during treatment you should tell your sex partners. Good chance that seven to ten days into PEP you won't be passing on anything. I would avoid another cumunion party while on it, but familiar fuckbuds likely ok. Again, just make sure they know you are on PEP.

I will have to do that and ya no other cum union parties for me while I am on it. I will def go on PrEP after this.

I was gonna say you should go on PrEP.    I was looking at all the guys signed up for the Cumunion in Seattle this coming weekend and I thought to myself if you neg and you attend and are hoping to only find other neg guys to fuck you your dreaming cause with that many men at a bathhouse and I would say at least half being poz but most undetectable, it makes it real easy for someone into stealthing or who just doesn't know thier status and is poz to blend in the crowd for lack of a better term.  So I would think if your neg, and not a chaser PrEP should be started before any Cumunion parties.

You're lucky to have found out.  Seems like it would be hard to find out in that setting with the sex being pretty much anonymous.

Edited by seaguy

• Administrators

I don't see how bottoming with neg or undetectable guys while on PEP puts you at any greater risk - or them for that matter.

Was the guy who fucked you at Cumunion on meds? If so there was no risk and there's no need for you to be on PEP.

Yup buddy, as Sea mentiond and you stated, you need to go on PrEP as soon as your PEP treatment is completed. If you have not yet dicussed it w/your doc, do so right away so that all the required blood tests can be initiated after you finish w/PEP. You definitely need to have been on PrEP for at least 1-2 weeks before you make another Cum Union visit. Been on PrEP for 5 months w/no side affects. Haven't been to Cum Union here in the SF Bay Area yet (will get there sooner than later) but definitely wanted to be on PrEP before I get real piggy (Mmmmmmm....). Off to Magnitude (the Folsom dance/fuck event) this Saturday where the pig will be set free while I position myse;f on the sling and fuck bench!!

Oink!!

I don't see how bottoming with neg or undetectable guys while on PEP puts you at any greater risk - or them for that matter.Was the guy who fucked you at Cumunion on meds? If so there was no risk and there's no need for you to be on PEP.

I am not sure at all if he was RawTop. I only found out because he told me his BBRT name so I looked him up. I guess I could always send him a message. Funny thing is he is the only guy I didn't ask. And OMG these side effects of PEP are nasty.

• Administrators

Just found out the guy is on meds.

So there was no risk.

Also my meds just say it is Truvada and it is a blue pill.

You're ONLY taking Truvada? That's PrEP, not PEP. PEP should be a trivalent (3 med) treatment. Truvada is just two meds.

I will have to do that and ya no other cum union parties for me while I am on it. I will def go on PrEP after this.

Please do it.  

In all honestly you probably wont stop barebacking, top or bottom, just because of a scare, and PrEP gives you an excellent chance of staying neg.  

As for the sex thing, heres the main issue, If you do convert, you will likely pass it on to the guys you top.  However, the chance of that is quite small.  I would probably just have sex.  Hell PEP will probably even protect you like PrEP while you are on it. But I would highly suggest you talk to your doctor about starting PrEP immediatly after your PEP is done and they give you the all clear.  

So there was no risk.

You're ONLY taking Truvada? That's PrEP, not PEP. PEP should be a trivalent (3 med) treatment. Truvada is just two meds.

Yeah if they only put you on Truvada thats PrEP, so maybe the doctor didnt think it was that much of a risk.,  

anyway as far as side effects are concerned what are you having? Truvada itself has a fairly low side effect profile. 

Please do it.  

In all honestly you probably wont stop barebacking, top or bottom, just because of a scare, and PrEP gives you an excellent chance of staying neg.  

As for the sex thing, heres the main issue, If you do convert, you will likely pass it on to the guys you top.  However, the chance of that is quite small.  I would probably just have sex.  Hell PEP will probably even protect you like PrEP while you are on it. But I would highly suggest you talk to your doctor about starting PrEP immediatly after your PEP is done and they give you the all clear.  

Yeah if they only put you on Truvada thats PrEP, so maybe the doctor didnt think it was that much of a risk.,  

anyway as far as side effects are concerned what are you having? Truvada itself has a fairly low side effect profile. 

Well I guess the first day i took it I like puked my guts out early that morning. Other than that just an upset stomach and not hard stool. I think the puking might have come from food poisoning from that day though. I took the truvada around 300pm and it was only at around 3am that I puked. Other than that I guess I feel fine and haven't had the puke feeling since.

PEP isn't always three meds.  I've read through 6 different PEP guidelines.  With some, depeinding on the doctor's risk assessment, they do have the option of two drug PEP.  But yes, logically spreaking bottoming at a sex party would classify as high enough risk for a three drug regime.

Fresh: Since you know know the Poz guy was on meds, there isn't much of an issue.  Next time you go see the doc, ask him why he only used Truvada.

About the side effects.  They tend to subside after about a week.  Get some generic Imodium and liquid tummy trouble reliever (Pepto, Maylox, Divol etc.)  About 50% of people don't finish PEP because they won't put up with the side effects.  I like to put it this way, how will you survive the rest of your life on three antiretrovirals, if you become Poz, because you couldn't man up and handle four weeks on a two drug "cocktail,"

• Upvote 1