Tops: Let's Be Honest About "staying Negative"

donkeyboy

Years ago I remember how health officials would insist that the risk was almost the same for both tops and bottoms. I think this position had to do with the fact that no one was completely sure. Also, from a public health point of view it makes no sense to say that it's OK to top because every time someone tops bare someone else is getting fucked bare.

Another important factor that was mentioned here before is that some guys have a difficult time accepting the role of a bottom and feel embarrassed about it. These men may top most of the times but while drunk and horny they may occasionally bottom and keep the fact that they did bottom to themselves.  

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago I remember how health officials would insist that the risk was almost the same for both tops and bottoms. I think this position had to do with the fact that no one was completely sure. Also, from a public health point of view it makes no sense to say that it's OK to top because every time someone tops bare someone else is getting fucked bare.

Another important factor that was mentioned here before is that some guys have a difficult time accepting the role of a bottom and feel embarrassed about it. These men may top most of the times but while drunk and horny they may occasionally bottom and keep the fact that they did bottom to themselves.  

I see it all the time--and I'm the guy who fucks all those tops when they get the urge....

• 9 months later...

I am a total strict 100% Top. I have NEVER bottomed in my entire life. I have been aggressively barebacking for over the past 12 years. I fuck raw 99% of the time.  I fuck raw indiscriminately at bathhouses and saunas, and at raw sex parties all over NYC. The number of guys I have fucked raw are just too many to even start counting.  I always test negative for HIV.  Today I am HIV negative.  Honestly, that's the truth about my sex life.

Having said that, I recently heard a statistic from a healthcare professional in Atlanta.  He said the odds of catching HIV if you are a barebacking  bottom are approximately 1:30.  And the odds of catching HIV if you are a barebacking top are approximately 1:300.  I really have no way of verifying those statistics.  But those statistics sound kind of plausible to me. What do you guys think?

In any event, throughout the years I have always been told by multiple healthcare professionals that in general it is not easy for anybody to become HIV positive.

• Upvote 2

Guest descartes70817

I have my doubts about the accuracy of the official statistics, although as a sample of one my personal experience proves nothing. With the odds given for a guy who tops 98% of the time, with a foreskin, but occasionally needs to take a few loads I should have taken dozens of hot loads and I must have cum in dozens of hot holes. Otherwise the best advice my dad ever gave me was that if I ever found myself fucking bareback pissing as soon as possible after cumming should flush the majority of the debris in your urethra out.