Has Anyone Here Converted From An Undetectable Guy?

N_Cordova

Although I'm not sure if I'm ready to start taking poz loads, I've been chatting with a number of really hot undetectable tops lately. Making matters even more complicated, a few of them are chubby chasers who really want to breed my ass. When I can afford it, I would like to start PREP, but right now I'm not on it. I'm not so terrified of turning poz that it's going to stop me from bottoming bareback, but I would rather stay negative for now.

My question is, I'm hearing a lot of people say undetctable guys are "shooting blanks" and can't convert a neg guy or that barebacking with a guy that knows he's undetectable is more safe than a guy who doesn't really know his status but thinks he's neg. Then I hear other people saying that you're still at a decent risk by letting an undetectable guy breed your ass. I'd like to know how many bottoms here have converted by taking undetectable loads? Also, how many undetectable guys out there have converted neg guys?

I'll probably let a few of these guys fuck me anyway, but I'd like to know my chances before I start, so any input would be great

I have heard different stories about this.  So far I have never heard of anyone being converted from a undetectable load.  May be possible, but sure haven't heard of it yet.   Only conversions I have heard of were from guys on meds who either stopped them or weren't taking them properly. 

I have had about 10 or 11 undetectable loads and so far nothing      LOL

• Upvote 2

I've been taking loads for years now, and I'm still neg. And those loads were from mostly undetectable guys, or detectable guys with a low viral load (a few hundred). I feel 100% secure knowing that an undetectable load will not convert me. Which is why I find them boring now (sorry medicated guys, no offence. You can still fill me up, not a problem. lol)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

N_Cordova, to put your mind at ease, look up the early results of the PARTNER Study. Two years in, no cases of HIV transmission have been found when the positive partner has an undetectable viral load, and this, without regular use of condoms.

With the scientific question almost resolved (this study continues two more years), we must turn to interpersonal questions. How can we get to a point where thorough and honest discussion of health status (not simply whether someone is positive or negative) is the norm?

• Upvote 2

In the UK "undetectable" means anywhere from 20 to 70, depending on which lab did the measurements. I think it's the PARTNER study (else one of the PrEP studies) which takes 200 as undetectable. The number has decreased because of improvements in the equipment used to assess the viral load. Although the lowest blood viral load known to have established a successful infection is 385 or so, the general rule is that it takes a viral load of 1000 to have enough virus present to infect.

Note that semen tends to have a higher viral load than blood, one reason why integrase inhibitors are going to be as important as protease inhibitors were when they were first introduced. Integrase inhibitors get further into the system and are therefore more successful at suppressing viral replication.

As ever with anything to do with sex, remember that some people lie. Adding a couple of inches to the end of your dick is just a disappointment, but losing a few thousand from your viral load is opening a route to infection. If you have access to it, get on PrEP and end the worry...

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...

As others have said, the risk from an undetectable guy is miniscule. He should also be free of any STDs, as should you, and he should have been undetectable for 6+ months.

As bearbandit said, some guys lie, so find a guy you can trust to be honest.

And it's safer than taking loads from "neg" guys, unless they've not had sex since their last test and that the last test was done at least 3 months after the last time they had sex.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't know for definite but I am pretty sure I was pozzed by an 'undetectable' guy.  His PA always used to rip me to shreds (I loved it) and the last time we fucked before I converted (2-3 week before) we were having a cup of tea after and he nonchalantly said 'oh sometimes i forget to take my meds' and in the pit of my stomach I just knew.

So I would say I was pozzed by an undetectable guy, albeit one who wasn't undetectable at the time.  Although I don't know for definite he's the one I like to think who did when knocking one out about it...

Never heard of someone converting from an undetectable guy who is religious about taking his meds though.

Edited by sluttysublad
  • Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
Guest FinalDL2021

Good to know.  I play with this guy who is undetectable, occasionally.  While he is fucking me, he likes to say that he stopped his meds for a week or so. I think its his way of getting me really turned on. He knows that I have a big-time fantasy about getting charged up.

So far, I am still Neg.

On 9/29/2014 at 7:38 PM, N_Cordova said:

Although I'm not sure if I'm ready to start taking poz loads, I've been chatting with a number of really hot undetectable tops lately. Making matters even more complicated, a few of them are chubby chasers who really want to breed my ass. When I can afford it, I would like to start PREP, but right now I'm not on it. I'm not so terrified of turning poz that it's going to stop me from bottoming bareback, but I would rather stay negative for now.

My question is, I'm hearing a lot of people say undetctable guys are "shooting blanks" and can't convert a neg guy or that barebacking with a guy that knows he's undetectable is more safe than a guy who doesn't really know his status but thinks he's neg. Then I hear other people saying that you're still at a decent risk by letting an undetectable guy breed your ass. I'd like to know how many bottoms here have converted by taking undetectable loads? Also, how many undetectable guys out there have converted neg guys?

I'll probably let a few of these guys fuck me anyway, but I'd like to know my chances before I start, so any input would be great

I have some fuck buds that are Undetectable and we fuck regularly. If they are on their meds and have an undetectable status I have heard of zero, none, zip conversions.  And the new medications are pretty amazing.  I fuck with undetectable often! Some of the best sex I've ever had too!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1