Are 'aids Monster' Scare Tactics Back?

seaguy

Some very salient points made in that article. I believe that HIV's only place is a courtroom is when the case involves sexual assault or other form of violence, which I realise can be tautologous. I do volunteer work which involves talking to people newly diagnosed. I recently responded to a newly diagnosed person, steaming with anger that he hadn't been told, "and you didn't ask?"

My viewpoint is that I don't want you to have my HIV, if you can't cope with it, there's a door over there, and I don't care how hot you are: use it. I recognise that some guys mightn't be able to cope with the own HIV - psychological care is indicated (face it: an incurable STI that leaves you dependent on drugs simple to live is pretty earth-shattering), rather than a courtroom.

And what about the way the law is heading: all those mummies taking their kids to chicken pox parties "to get it out of the way". Let's see them in court for endangering their children! Oh, but, they were being responsible parents, preventing an outbreak at school. I've got some splendid ocean-front property in Arizona you may be interested in...

Edited by bearbandit

Very interesting, as the saying goes it take two to tango. Just upsetting that the media very seldom gives the complete picture as stated in the article there is two sides to every story. Thanks for the post seaguy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The trouble often is that the media is made up of people that are no smarter than the rest of the population.  They will misunderstand, miss details, and focus on single pieces of information just as easily as anyone else... but the common person, reading something in the paper or seeing it on the TV news, will assume that the information is factual. 

• Upvote 1