Recharge?

MackyJay

I keep seeing a lot of people on here looking for a 'recharge' of hiv.  I have done some research and cannot find where there is any such thing or at least not in any medical reviews I have found.  My question is:   Is there such a thing?  Seems like if you have HIV, you have it and cannot get anymore of it, other than maybe, since there seems to be about 2 strains of it around, maybe catch a different strain of it?  Kind of confusing I think.   :confused: 

Ooops, I just noticed my fingers got tangled again.  Meant I have found 3 strains mentioned and one of them is drug resistant?    Not really in the know as much as many on here but do try to keep up with things.  My 'strains' also are major strains recognized by medical pros and there may be some others as well but not documented as well?

I know there are several strains (I think three major and a few others? like you said). However, in general I think this is more of a mental thing. Kind of like taking a poz/undetectable load for a neg guy...not really so much a medical thing as just hot/dirty.

HIV has two major strains, predictably HIV1 and HIV2, the latter found in sub-Saharan African, the former in Europe and the Americas. HIV1 has several subtypes, which are basically only of interest to microbiologists: they have the same susceptibility to ARVs and are susceptible to the same drugs. HIV2 is believed to be slower acting, but in an environment where ARVs are beyond the reach of the majority of PwHIV, who knows any more?

For guys looking for a recharge, the easiest way is just to stop medication: your viral load will ascend and you'll lose CD4 cells. Let your own virus run rampant. My belief is that the search for a recharge is an emotional decision, along the lines of bug chasing. The fact is that if you're well medicated, a recharge isn't possible: what can the proverbial 10cc of semen, even with a high viral load, do against a system that's flooded with anti-retrovirals? Remember that truvada, just two thirds of an adequate combination, is enough to stop HIV in its tracks. Even for someone with HIV who isn't on meds, the amount of HIV from the average fuck isn't enough to add to the existing infection.

I agree with sinfuljock: it's the "forbidden" nature of the fuck that's important. Psychology... I've taken loads from guys who aren't on meds, who've claimed high viral loads, and it's the "safe danger" I've gotten off on, as well as a damn good fuck (for which I thank you guys!).

And again I thank bearbandit for his contribution to the discussion.   Your very educated answers to HIV questions are greatly appreciated, at least by me anyway, and are always very insightful and spot on.   I try to look things up but being actually pretty new to the scene, cannot even hope to understand a lot of it nor what someone who has HIV is going through.  I am, as of last test, still neg.  Have only been doing anything with guys for maybe about a dozen years at most.  Most of the early years of that was like only a couple of times per year and about 99% of my 'play' with guys has actually come in the last about 3 years or a little over.