• Unsure - Most likely negative
    • Unsure - Most likely positive
    • Don't know / Don't care / Don't want to know
    • Positive - Medication not required at this time
    • Positive - On medication
    • Positive - High viral load & not on medication
    • Positive - Not yet on meds
    • Other (List in the comments)

I just came back from the clinic after testing HIV-negative, even after the 12 weeks window period. All other tests also negative (Syph, Clam, Gono, etc).

I must say that it feels good because I don't have any interest in pozing. It's not my thing. Now, I know that if the test would have been HIV+ I would have found a way of adapting to the results, like having lots of sex in saunas, etc. Now I want to stay HIV-.

• Upvote 2

I just came back from the clinic after testing HIV-negative, even after the 12 weeks window period. All other tests also negative (Syph, Clam, Gono, etc).

I must say that it feels good because I don't have any interest in pozing. It's not my thing. Now, I know that if the test would have been HIV+ I would have found a way of adapting to the results, like having lots of sex in saunas, etc. Now I want to stay HIV-.

Have you considered PrEP?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If I were in my 20's or 30's I would consider PrEP, but at my age when I already have different pains issues I don't feel comfortable taking PrEP worried of the side effects.

In my case, after so many years of really hot sex, more sex is just more of the same. I also have a couple of dudes that I can sex with and who test.

I am bit confused as to why HIV status even matters anymore unless you are going to be monogamous. Seriously. The guys on PrEP and the poz guys are essentially taking the same pills. I love how the pharma industry has essentially hoodwinked everybody into popping pills forever.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I was referring more to the pricing. Big pharma is set to make even more money from people who are worried about becoming poz. That was my point. Now if health insurance companies are discouraging doctors from writing scripts for PrEP (Truvada) because they don't want to pay for it, that's an entirely different issue.

I'm amazed that big government allows big pharma to act this way. They've got a drug that will keep gay men alive/healthy, but they want $500-600 a month for it (too much for most people to pay out of pocket). And the pill probably costs pennies to manufacture. If big pharma wanted more people to use it, they'd lower the price. But no, they keep it high to make profits, but then help propagate the message that your health is at risk as a gay man if you don't take it. Wow.  

http://www.pharmacychecker.com/brand/price-comparison/truvada/200&252300+mg/

I use the term "hoodwinked" because a lot of poz guys are taking Truvada along with something else. I think it's very "convenient" that all neg guys need to do is take one of the meds a poz guy is taking and voila, he stays neg. 

So now neg guys are popping pills like poz guys so they can stay neg and big pharma is laughing all the way to the fucking bank.

I was referring more to the pricing. Big pharma is set to make even more money from people who are worried about becoming poz. That was my point. Now if health insurance companies are discouraging doctors from writing scripts for PrEP (Truvada) because they don't want to pay for it, that's an entirely different issue.

I'm amazed that big government allows big pharma to act this way. They've got a drug that will keep gay men alive/healthy, but they want $500-600 a month for it (too much for most people to pay out of pocket). And the pill probably costs pennies to manufacture. If big pharma wanted more people to use it, they'd lower the price. But no, they keep it high to make profits, but then help propagate the message that your health is at risk as a gay man if you don't take it. Wow.  

http://www.pharmacychecker.com/brand/price-comparison/truvada/200&252300+mg/

I use the term "hoodwinked" because a lot of poz guys are taking Truvada along with something else. I think it's very "convenient" that all neg guys need to do is take one of the meds a poz guy is taking and voila, he stays neg. 

So now neg guys are popping pills like poz guys so they can stay neg and big pharma is laughing all the way to the fucking bank.

The GOP usually blocks any attempt to give the FDA authority to control prices so they are partially to blame. Even though evidence clearly shows big pharma is raking in the $$$ at the expense of american's, being most other nations have price controls.

• 2 years later...