• Don't know / Don't care / Don't want to know
    • Positive - Medication not required at this time
    • Positive - On medication
    • Positive - High viral load & not on medication
    • Positive - Not yet on meds
    • Other (List in the comments)

• 2 months later...
On 2/28/2015 at 6:14 AM, bbzh said:

I was referring more to the pricing. Big pharma is set to make even more money from people who are worried about becoming poz. That was my point. Now if health insurance companies are discouraging doctors from writing scripts for PrEP (Truvada) because they don't want to pay for it, that's an entirely different issue.

I'm amazed that big government allows big pharma to act this way. They've got a drug that will keep gay men alive/healthy, but they want $500-600 a month for it (too much for most people to pay out of pocket). And the pill probably costs pennies to manufacture. If big pharma wanted more people to use it, they'd lower the price. But no, they keep it high to make profits, but then help propagate the message that your health is at risk as a gay man if you don't take it. Wow.  

[think before following links] http://www.pharmacychecker.com/brand/price-comparison/truvada/200&252300+mg/

I use the term "hoodwinked" because a lot of poz guys are taking Truvada along with something else. I think it's very "convenient" that all neg guys need to do is take one of the meds a poz guy is taking and voila, he stays neg. 

So now neg guys are popping pills like poz guys so they can stay neg and big pharma is laughing all the way to the fucking bank.

So what's your recommended plan? Prep is indeed keeping gay men HIV negative and 600$ is cheaper than full fledged treatment. Imagine the Healthcare cost and other risks should HIV spread rampant among the community. Benefits outweighs the cost associated. Why do you want HIV to spread and infect more? Prep allows peace of mind for gays who want to enjoy better sex without condoms 

• 2 weeks later...