Horny Being An Undocumented Side Effect Of Prep

colletonguy

I too took my medication cautiously. I had the bottle for several weeks before I started taking it, coordinating it with some time off from work in case there were side effects. I had some very, very minor nausea, that could have been something else for a day or two after I started and that was it. I just got my first refill and started taking the 2nd month's dosage. Most things I read said 7 days was all that was needed to be effective but I waited a full month. Now, knowing I can take any load has me so horny I can't see straight, a side effect that wasn't listed on the paperwork. lol In the past, I've serosorted a lot and remained negative so it must have worked. This coming weekend I'm renting a room, placing some ads and taking any and every load offered to me. When I've done this before I've passed on what would have probably been some pretty good tops because I had doubts about their status or truthfullness. This time I'm going to be the slut I've always wanted to be.

• Upvote 4

Same here. Other than a few days of an upset stomach at first, the only side effect is I am fucking horny all the time and looking to fuck.

I never realized how many hot guys I was missing out on by avoiding guys who were poz. Now I will fuck and/or get fucked with so many more guys now. Sure, there are some I am just not interested in, but it isn't because they're poz.

In fact, when I know the cock sliding into my ass is poz, it gets me so turned on I care barely think.

As a major part of the sex drive is in the mind, I would guess that a large part if not all of the increased horniness you're experiencing comes from there.  For me the liberation of not having to worry about infection has truly changed my sex life for the better.

Like you I'm finding a huge number of totally clueless guys about PrEP.  While the word is slowly spreading here in Indianapolis my guess from what I've seen from guys in smaller and southern locations there is less knowledge about it including sadly lots of doctors.

• Upvote 2

Like you I'm finding a huge number of totally clueless guys about PrEP.  While the word is slowly spreading here in Indianapolis my guess from what I've seen from guys in smaller and southern locations there is less knowledge about it including sadly lots of doctors.

Keep talking to people about it. It's the only way to make PrEP more commonplace. I no longer care if someone blows me off because of it, they are now in the minority. Most guys I talk to become super excited about the idea of raw fucking without HIV risk.

Edited by rawfuckr
  • Upvote 1

Been on PrEP for almost months. Side affects have not been bad at all. It makes me dizzy briefly on occasion and causes some fatigue, that I do not remember from before being on PrEP.  

But for me psychologically has greatly REDUCED my sex drive, does this mean I am a bug chaser at heart? I miss some of the risk that is gone now - am I insane?

• 3 weeks later...

Another spin on PrEP, at least in my mind, is that now I get to have no limits sex with guys that are poz, regardless of their VL. The guys most likely to be more adventurous. I absolutely love poz talk during sex. Not going to get that with many neg guys. Vanilla, just doesn't come close to doing it for me, unless I have a real intellectual connection with a person, which for me isn't likely.

I have my own business. A one man show, so I can't afford to be sick. If it wasn't for PrEP, I just wouldn't be having sex. HIV has robbed me of most of my penetrative sex life. I have never had sex with condoms, as a top, and only a few times as a bottom. I just hate it.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...