Anonymous Sex In Clubs As Poz?

Sorry if this has already been discussed... but i've been wondering about how poz guys do it in clubs or saunas? Say if someone gets his ass against a glory hole... will you fuck it bare or just with a condom? The same in a darkroom, of course. Do you tell someone you're poz before you fuck then?

• Moderators

I can't speak as a poz guy, but the general expectation at baths, adult book stores, and with glory holes in general is "don't ask, don't tell." You should assume everyone there is poz when you are evaluating what you are willing to do. 

yeah completely agree with the poster above. it cannot be said enough times. if you're having bb sex at a bathhouse or glory hole, even if its for a short time, assume that you are eventually gonna get infected. period. it is being said that one in every four guys at bathhouses are poz ... i personally think its more like two out of four

• Upvote 1

Yep, just assume everyone is poz.

That said, if someone asks, I would be honest and tell them the truth.  If they don't ask, then it is their problem if they get pozzed.  Same for if they ask for a condom, use one or simply move on to someone who doesn't care.

• Upvote 1

It seems obvious that you should assume every guy who fucks bareback at the baths - or anywhere - is poz.

Having said that, I nevertheless ask up front - because I ONLY TAKE POZ SEED and ONLY SLIDE MY COCK INTO POZ CUNT!

Yep, just assume everyone is poz.

That said, if someone asks, I would be honest and tell them the truth.  If they don't ask, then it is their problem if they get pozzed.  Same for if they ask for a condom, use one or simply move on to someone who doesn't care.

x2. 

There really much communication at bathhouses, and especially at things like glory holes.  Most people will just move on almost immediately if too many questions start getting asked.  

Its best to just assume that everyone in a bathhouse is HIV+, because even if that isn't true, many may not even know their status.

The bathhouse is one place where pretty much anything goes.  its up to both sides to discuss status if they want prior to sex, but as I stated before, the reality is that it just doesn't happen.  People looking for reassurance or only certain status' just should be at bathhouses unless they are only doing "safer" activities like oral.  Even trying to use condoms in a bathhouse is a crapshoot, because many guys top or bottom don't want them.         

• Upvote 1

Just curious if you did a search on this topic before asking.  It has been asked before, and was thoroughly discussed.  In case people dot know the search function on the site is pretty good.  Search for keywords like bathhouse and then go from there clicking on the results and the thread from before should come up.

I think anyone going to the bathhouse thinking they are going to be going to a place where everyone is open and honest about their status and will surely bring it up if they don't is naive in thinking that.  Guys go to the bathhouse to get laid no strings attached, no nosy roommates, and it's a place where poz or neg you are gonna get laid (unless you are some nasty obese troll).  So if you your wanting to stay neg and not use PrEP I would stay away from the baths.

If I don't know your name or much else about you, I am certainly not going to discuss something as private as my health with you. Why would I? Especially in an anonymous setting. I think it is borderline ridiculous for guys to seek bb sex and think by posing the right questions they can end up with a neg bb top or bottom. Stop kidding yourselves. The only guys who can give you an honest answer are the poz guys who know they are poz and the guys who just left the doctor's office with a neg result. Anybody else who has fucked raw since their last neg result is suspect. It's as simple as that. I think it's much more sensible to get on PreP or get tested regularly. Those are things in your control. Nothing else is. If you can't or aren't willing to do either of those, then you are probably going to end up poz.

• Upvote 1

For bathhouses and sex clubs it's basically don't ask, don't tell. Even if a guy tells you he's neg, don't believe him. I just assume every guy is Poz. If a guy does ask you if you are poz, then be honest. If he doesn't ask, then most likely he does not care or doesn't want to know.

I know people are likely to disagree with me on this, but I don't think a poz guy who is undetectable should tell random strangers their status unless they are dating the guy and have gotten to know them. Why? Because you can't untell people. If you have a profile up on a bareback site, then it's a no-brainer because if you are willing to advertise yourself on a site with poz guys, then you clearly know you're likely to fuck a poz guy. I think a poz guy - and any neg guys who have given/taken loads since their last neg test - should say they are unsure of their status. Why? Because your health is your business just like your ATM pincard number and your social security number. If a guy insists, then send him on his way and wish him good luck sorting out the liars (10%) from those who know (25%) and those who truly don't know (all the rest).

• Upvote 1

If I were poz I would most likely hang around saunas and darkrooms, because I would like to have sex without having to discuss my health situation. Talking about HIV ruins the anonymous part of the encounter because the only talk I like is dirty talk before and during sex.

My thinking is that if you go to a bathhouse and bb then you should go on with the idea that all the guys there are poz. No all aren't buy that should be your mind set. I am a total bottom and take any and all loads I can get including poz. No guy should be so naive to go to a bath and not expect to become poz. In the same token , whenever I hit the baths I never ask a dude his status. If u don't wanna play with the big boys then stay out.

Yup, if U wanna run with the big dogs and play raw with the big boys then you better be willing to accept the consequences that you will eventually get knocked up/pozzed. Some of us take PrEP to minimize the risk. STDs are an occupational hazard all barebackers must be willing to accept. ;)  ;)  

• 3 weeks later...

Seaguy,

Personally, I think there is enough hate and negativity in the gay community in general, and the poz gay community specifically, that we don't need to call others 'nasty obese troll'. I am not judgemental by nature, and personally I like it 'nasty', I am 'obese', however I am not a 'troll'. If you don't care for 'nasty obese trolls' then don't play with them. But why add hate and name calling? Personally, you are not my type. But you don't see me calling you 'skinny boy bitch' or the like.  Just think before you label someone, cause I guarantee either now or in the future, others will consider you as 'nasty' and a 'troll' if not 'obese' as well.

• Upvote 1