Oral Sex Risks?

MaxC

If you search the usual databases (Pubmed etc.) and publications (e.g. The Lancet) there are a number of articles and research papers.

The main problem is: Because the numbers are so very, very low, they are also very unrealiable. Real life is messy. E.g. cheaters (as in: those who are in a relationship but fuck around on the side) might try to rationalize / excuse their behaviour by claimining that they only had oral sex, when in fact they were taking it up the ass a lot. If you have a large number of cases such effects even out or can be mathematically adjusted for. But if cases are few and far between (like in the case of people who claim they were pozzed orally) something like that might skew the data. At some point it becomes nothing more than anecdotal evidence.

To the best of my knowledge: if there are no extreme factors (bleeding gums due to recent oral surgery, sucking off end-stage AIDS patients) involved, the risk is negligable, i.e. so very low that it doesn't warrant worrying about it. Because if a risk is significantly lower than general life risks (getting hit by lightning, getting run over by a car etc.) it's just not worth thinking much about it. E.g.: If I knew that dairy products increased my risk of anal cancer by 5% (i.e. from 0,000004% to 0,0000042%) would I stop eating ice cream? NO, I WOULDN'T.

Pretty much what he said. Baring an open sore in/on/around the mouth The bacteria in your mouth and stomach pretty much kill it on contact. You'll get herpes/hpv long before you'll get hiv from oral. Dont get any in your eyes though, thats more acceptable as there is no bacteria there to kill anything.

I've sucked off swallowed enough poz guys that I would have gotten it by now if oral were a risk :)

• 1 year later...