What's Up With "neg" Guys On Barebackrt.com Seeking "neg Only"?

Currently I have "ask me" on my bbrt profile for status. My hiv test last month was non reactive or negative. I could list myself as neg, but I still take loads and I don't ask status. So I could be poz and not know it. I used to state "not sure" because really you can't be sure. I thought that was more honest than negative. I also don't state negative because most poz guys will not fuck me raw then. So in the rare instance that a guy asks my status, I say I'm not sure.

Currently on my bbrt profile I list "ask me" even though my hiv test came back non reactive or negative last month. I suppose I could state I'm negative, but since I have taken more loads and I don't ask a guy his status, I could very well be poz now. I used to state "not sure" because I felt that was more honest. In the very rare instance that a guy asks for my status, I tell him I'm not sure. I think that's the only honest answer there is.

[...] your negative status doesn't mean a whole lot unless you met the guy in the lobby of the clinic where you both just got negative results - or you are wiling to show a guy your recent test results when they walk through the door. [...]

Whenever a scared neg guy tells me he only wants to do bareback with other negs, I often have to explain the difference between a rapid test, which detects antibodies with an immediate result, and an RNA test, which detects the virus itself but can take 1-2 weeks to return results.  I'm baffled how many guys think a rapid HIV test means they're somehow safe for the next 3 months, when in fact, there's a window period that they don't know about (2-to-8 week window during which a newly poz guy, unbeknownst to him,  can still test negative).  Many guys won't believe you if you mention these facts.  One even told me "well, if you know all these things, how come you're poz?"  :(

Well, as are many, many tops, I am still negative.  Guys on meds are my men of choice--guys who are screened for syph and the rest of the STI's in with their regular blood work.  Is it fool proof? Of course not.  But I have been playing this way for a very long time.  It cuts down on STI's and I am fine with the tiny, tiny hiv risk.

I wish all tops thought like you. :)  It's true though : only a small proportion of sexually active gay men in my city actually have their full blood work done on a regular basis, and I would bet the majority of them are the undetectables.

I have to agree with almost everyone so far.  #1 - Neg for Neg people, as the old saying goes, are living in a fool's paradise.  #2 As a neg prep person, guys on meds (poz or prep) are my choice as well, but had to change my status to "ask me" as poz guys wouldn't approach me.  

It's too bad that poz guys reject you on the basis that you're neg + on PrEP. I'm actually the opposite. I seek  neg + PrEP and undetectable (like myself). I'm wondering how many "Ask me" are actually on PrEP - and whether I'm missing out by treating "Ask me" as a red flag.

If you're on BBRT as neg seeking neg only for loads then you should have taken time to read up on HIV, risk, and educated yourself because as with anything in life there will be those who lie, this who simply are not aware, but at the end of the day we are all responsible for ourselves.  So Jtron that guy who said you better not approach him cause your poz is probably one of the ones who is an idiot, takes no no personal responsibility, and no's little about HIV and what little he knows is mostly wrong.

I've always assumed that a lot of the "neg for neg only" are likely new to it all so they're not experienced or knowledgeable enough to know the facts about barebacking. I've always tried to impart a little knowledge to newbie, especially about the risk and now about PrEP.

Many will probably change their profiles to soon enough to looking for "undetectable" once they realize that undetectable guys are low risk (of course if that's only true if they really are undetectable).

I feel it should be more about they guy and the cock he has to give me. I`m on bbrt also and am neg. I have no preference down for the guys I would like to meet. I also put in my intro that I am very poz friendly. I would not want a guy not to contact me just because he was poz. I feel if I like the guy he will be able to and I want he to fuck me good. I am not afraid of any cock and definitely not afraid of a hot poz cock!! Undetectable or not.

This is never an issue for me, because I'm openly poz (the biohaz tatt on my chest is a clue!) and I only fuck with other poz men. I learned long ago to embrace my status, find others who do the same and enjoy sex with no apologies, fears or regrets. 

• 2 weeks later...

Preaching to the choir here but neg on PrEP and poz undetectable guys are my preference for the same reasons stated. Responsibility for your own health, frequent Sti testing & knowing your status are keys. I fuck a lot of married men that still have sex with their wives too and they appreciate the fact I'm on PrEP so even if I end up with a common Sti from one of my many partners, they know it won't likely be HIV.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest plowmeraw

It is indeed a fool's paradise. Depends on how you've been tested. I'm still testing negative on Oraquick after 3 months of testing poz with blood tests (and now on treatment!).