Anyone On Prep Decide To Stop And Get Pozzed?

Guest Saturn1

With no disrespect to plowmeraw, I think more often than not, infections while on PrEP are the result of careless dosage.  I have a few friends are that are generally good at it, but often forget on weekends, then end up having random sex.While it still may be partially effective, getting plowed raw while missing your dose is never good.   

Maybe getting pozzed on PrEP while taking the pill every day is the new "Was using condoms every time but got pozzed when the condom broke". 

• Upvote 2

Guest plowmeraw

No disrespect taken. I was good with adherence but taking multiple loads from huge cocks at a party where poz baseline is probably high was probably pushing prep to its limits. only consolation I guess is next cumunion I won't need to worry about hiv.

Hey plowmeraw.  Sounds like you were having a great time with a number of poz cocks. Nothing wrong with that. The next CumUnion event you go to will be really good to not worrying about HIV. You will know how to make the best of the situation.

So i am confused. Are some of you saying that each poz load PrEP defends against weakens it? So it doesnt matter how well you adhere, if you take multiple poz loads there is a number after which PrEP is no longer effective? Not how i understood it to work.

No disrespect taken. I was good with adherence but taking multiple loads from huge cocks at a party where poz baseline is probably high was probably pushing prep to its limits. only consolation I guess is next cumunion I won't need to worry about hiv.

Perhaps you got some loads that had HIV that was resistant to the medication in prep, but your just have more fun now

• Upvote 1

So i am confused. Are some of you saying that each poz load PrEP defends against weakens it? So it doesnt matter how well you adhere, if you take multiple poz loads there is a number after which PrEP is no longer effective? Not how i understood it to work.

Statistics. The more loads you take the more likely you are to get pozzed. PrEP reduces your chances 99%, but if your chances are high to start with you can still get pozzed.

• Upvote 1

Statistics. The more loads you take the more likely you are to get pozzed. PrEP reduces your chances 99%, but if your chances are high to start with you can still get pozzed.

This is  graph for smoking but the same thing applies. Take the blue line as on PrEP being a huge slut, fine, You are still at a much lower risk than someone not using condoms, or hell probably even using condoms alone, but its not no risk.  So while not using condoms, your chance of HIV by 70, would virtually be 100% but with careful PrEP usage it may be 10%.  You could take that the yellow line as stopping bareback sex, or limiting yourself to one or two partners, which would yield an even further reduction.  

smokingcessation.png?t=1432803404519

Its not the amount of guys you fuck; it is basically the ones that say "clean u b 2" meaning the high viral load crowd that never gets tested but go around saying im "neg" so the bottom line is; it is not the amount of dudes you sleep with; it is the amount of you bottom for that have a high viral load

No one should take something they read online and automatically take it as being proof of anything about the efficacy of PrEP because as they say it is something someone is relaying and is not scientific, fact checked evidence.  The stories about guys on PrEP getting pozzed are all unsubstantiated until the CDC, FDA or other authoritative body is able to verify the accuracy of the reported infection while on PrEP.

• 3 weeks later...

As stated before in this thread I'm on Prep and was just tested on June 16, 2015 and am still negative HIV. I've been taking many loads now and not asking status and enjoying it.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

No, not really, if PrEP is 99% effective, then you have the same 1% chance every poz load that you take, no matter how many you take.  However, if someone is taking lots of loads and "pushing the envelope" as he stated, it's likely that other things were happening, such as torn rectal tissue, fatigue, drug or alcohol use, etc. all of which can decrease your body's defenses.  In addition, the type of party he went to likely had several poz tops who either aren't on meds or whose viral load has not yet been reduced, making them more infectious that the typical poz on meds.

Number of partners/number of loads only slightly slightly increases your risk in that 1% 100 times is more risky than 1% 2 times if you calculate out the odds.

Just curious, anyone on here decide to quit taking Prep in order to get Pozzed? A buddy of mine was on Prep and was hooking up with this Poz guy who was not on meds. The Poz guy wanted my friend to ditch the Prep. After awhile, the Poz guy convinced my buddy to ditch the Prep because the Prep free sex was SO INTENSE. After three months, my buddy tested Poz. He is really happy to be Poz and loves Pozzing other guys. SO, any Prep defectors on here like my buddy?

your friend is a gigantic idiot. 

I'm going to agree with wood on this one.  There would be no difference between PrEP sex and PrEP free sex other than mentally.  The idea of it being "so intense" is completely psychological and likely had more to do with the poz partner wanting either the dominance of infecting someone, or the co-dependence of not being the only poz person in the relationship.  

I know I would probably get flamed for saying this, but I don't believe there is any excuse for infecting someone in a day and age where the combination of PrEP and anti-viral regimen for poz men can reduce the risk to nearly 0.  HIV is not diabetes, and the health care costs are still ridiculously high - you may have great insurance, but you can believe everyone else deals with a higher premium.

• Upvote 3

I really dont believe in "becoming" poz with condoms! Ive used them for 12 years without a single problem; and dont tell me the condom ripped, condoms make a very distinctive sound when they ripped; you have to watch out for that

You must have the most amazing hearing, I have never heard one rip, and gave up wearing them because my cock is so thick I was breaking them nearly every fuck....but sure could feel the difference....

You must have the most amazing hearing, I have never heard one rip, and gave up wearing them because my cock is so thick I was breaking them nearly every fuck....but sure could feel the difference....

When I used condoms I had them breaking on me many times. Specially when lube was not properly used and guy had a big cock. Some guys have really big cocks and condoms just rolls up into your ass. Sometimes this happens after they've come and you end with a load in your ass anyway which would have been the same as fucking bare. If I condom didn't break, didn't slip, were used all throughout the session.. you may be looking at 100% protection for HIV. Real world usage brings their efficacy down to 70%-90% ...

Edited by rawfuckr