LKMike, all the tea will do is help flush your kidneys out, which is good. It also has the extra benefit, if you're into piss, of being a mild diuretic. I took a lot of kidney damage in a 1 in 100,000 chance reaction to tenofovir (one ingredient of truvada), which my ex-doctor should have spotted at least six months before I was hospitalised for it, and I like my tea very strong and in large quantities. The 1 in 100,000 figure comes from tenofovir's use in people with HIV, not from its use in HIV- people who show considerably less side-effect problems than PwHIV. Kidney damage and bone problems from the tenofovir in truvada take a lot longer to develop than the interval between the blood tests that are part of the PrEP protocol.

• 5 weeks later...

So I was at the hospital again. My liver test spiked(not sure what come to think of it, but the graph was high up) when I started went down slightly in my second test(4 weeks later) and is now half of what it was(after 3 months on Eviplera) but still needs to come way down. I'm embarrassed I started typing this, but realised I'm not sure what in my liver was so high. The doctor said I might have had a viral infection in the liver at the time of beginning, but they cant be sure. I know I havent explained it well, but does anyone have any similar issues. Oh and I was undetectable (below 40vl) in the first few weeks :D

• Upvote 2

Guest Knotmyhole

I was diagnosed Positive in Nov 14, after 18 years barebacking I reckon I had a pretty fair run.

I went on to meds straight after the New Year (it would have been earlier but the Holidays got in the way of the detailed blood tests and then my doctor was on leave).

My viral load was 44,500 and the month after starting Evilpera it was 654, the next month 55 and since then below 20.  I was impressed.

The only slight side effect I have noticed, is that my stool is looser than it used to be (nothing to do with being a slut-arse) and that is so slight to be not-worthy-of-mentioning really.

• 11 months later...