Rectal Inflammation Or Infection? (Unlikely Hiv-Related)

Hello,

I was recently topped unprotected by someone who is on PrEP.  There was no lubrication used and I was in a lot of pain because he is very well endowed, but there was no blood.  Two days later, I woke up with a fever and mild diarrhea.  The fever has persisted off and on while the diarrhea has lessened in severity (still watery stool as opposed to the solid BMs I had been passing regularly for the past several weeks).  I'm also experiencing fatigue and soreness.  Could the roughness of the penetration caused some inflammation that might have resulted in this response?  Could it be an STI or some general bacterial infection?  I made an appointment to get tested in two weeks, which I figured was a reasonable amount of time, but I'm wondering what the likeliest causes are.  Thanks so much for your help.

Oh dear, that's not good. In my opinion your thoughts on what it could be are most likely to be what it is. I don't think it's likely to be an STI as they don't tend to give such severe symptoms so soon or on their own - though there could be a co infection of course such as gonorrhoea as well. It sounds likely a infection from tears and bruising in your rectum which would inflame it. If he was rough it seems it could have bruised it quite a bit. The inflammation would cause the faeces to be passed through quickly leading to watery diarrhoea and stools as well as allow bacteria into the blood stream and cause the fever reaction while your immune system fights it. If it's persistent I'd suspect it's not healing. It's quite delicate really. I personally would get it checked out sooner I think, especially if it was a few days while since the incident. Hope you feel better soon and things turn out well.

• 3 weeks later...

The inflammation might be caused by the diarrhea. If you engaged in ass to mouth practices, then you might have gotten a parasite from even a little bit of feces on his dick, usually giardia, which can cause watery diarrhea. maybe see a doctor and have him/ her test your stool sample. if it's a parasite, it's a simple solution: just a week on antibiotics. 

NB: Anytime you experience diarrhea for more than 2 days, you should see a doctor. it usually means there is an intestinal issue (usually a bug). 

• 5 months later...

I recently had the same thing, kinda. Though I also got food poisoning and my fever lasted abt week. I had some minor bright red bleeding during the passing of the food poisoning (which is not fun after a full weekend of fucking, not recommended). Its been about 2 months now im passing solids no pain nor blood. I was checking my cunt out to see if its ready and noticed that my hole is still black and blue ie bruised. Do you guys have any thoughts? 

Hello,

I was recently topped unprotected by someone who is on PrEP.  There was no lubrication used and I was in a lot of pain because he is very well endowed, but there was no blood.  Two days later, I woke up with a fever and mild diarrhea.  The fever has persisted off and on while the diarrhea has lessened in severity (still watery stool as opposed to the solid BMs I had been passing regularly for the past several weeks).  I'm also experiencing fatigue and soreness.  Could the roughness of the penetration caused some inflammation that might have resulted in this response?  Could it be an STI or some general bacterial infection?  I made an appointment to get tested in two weeks, which I figured was a reasonable amount of time, but I'm wondering what the likeliest causes are.  Thanks so much for your help.

Its almost impossible to say whats going on without tests ,and seeing a doctor.  We are getting into regular cold/flu season, and food borne illness can occur at any time of the year. Depending on where the hookup occurred you could have also been exposed to other pathogens.   The simple answer is that until you get tested OTC meds and rest are your best bet.  I know its not very helpful, but its just a fact.