Sex Dead Cities/internet Regional Issue Or Worldwide?

AlwaysOpen

Hey guys- I have been online yesterday and today on most all the sites- BBRT, A4A,Recon,Asspig, NKP, etc-- anyway-- I went the full day   yesterday without a hook up. Not even a "wanker" who just wanted to  email till he  came--zip, nil, zilch, zed!! Had the same problem last week too- all 3 days I was off and  hunting. So, I thought it might be me- until I saw there were only 5 guys with hook up now ads here in Ft Lauderdale  on BBRT-- that is unheard of !  So  I gave up  a little bit ago and went  for  lunch at the gay plaza- always a good place for viewing men walking from bar to  pizza parlor to gay mens clothing shop...grabbed a slice and sat  in front of the pizza place, and realized I was the only person outdoors at noon- no one walking thru the parking lot, no one browsing/cruising along the side walk-- in fact, the only real sound was a locust or cricket  chirping away. As I pondered where everyone was, I got a call from a good friend up in New York City--lamenting that he was striking out on all the hook up sites there, got so bad  yesterday that he went to the West Side Sauna- and was greatly disappointed. Even the bookstores  were not producing any cock for him. 

SO- my general question is- has a new wave of  hook up apps taken over and replaced the way we are hooking for sex, has global warming driven everyone inside and made us all  lethargic, is LeBron James live on  TV penis  exposure making us all fixate on it rather than hooking with a real one?? Would love to hear what you are experiencing in your area, or if you have discovered a new source for guys looking to fuck..post-2352-0-96107200-1434132983_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Definitely dead as hell here in central Iowa.  Used to be hopping some but lately, like last couple of years, there seems to be nothing going on.  Talk to some guys who say they are hornier than hell but then they never want to commit to a meeting to relieve their 'pressure'.   Guess guys are getting more from their hands than we can give them or they are just plain getting too damn lazy to move.

I'm in belgium, a lot in brussels or antwerp. I find it a total waste of time trying to hook up on dating sites. So earlier this year i just got rid of all my profiles because honestly i find it a lot easier to find a fuck when i go out & look for cock up close & personal.

Seems to me there are too many hookup aps and very few guys on them are serious about meeting. They tend to be guys at work who just want to pass time chatting. I still have good luck with A4A and BBRT. The rest are pretty useless.

here in Closet Station  . . **cough** I mean College Station it is pretty much dead if you are over 35, and even back in its hayday gay.com was useless for the area

Too many damn college students and most aren't serious about hooking up.  If they are, they all want guys under 35, often under 30, and tend to drown out everyone else.  There are also some really pushy older guys who tend to ruin it by turning off the college students who are age obsessed.

Sadly, it has always been that way.  Most of the guys I hookup with are either visitors, regulars buddies, or someone I meet through them.  Every now and then I can find someone online.  Now, when I was a student, gay.com was great.  Hooked up plenty of times in the library or other places such as Harrington when it had its glory hole.  Often got a study room on the 6th floor of the library and fucked in there.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if this phenomenon is due to the fact that guys have developed a stable of regular fuckbuddies and no longer need or want new partners as much. As l look back over the 5 loads I took in the last 7 days, four of them came from guys in my rotation. If I feel my time is too valuable to spend it trying to hook up, I assume others probably feel the same way. I'm even starting to have regulars in other cities. Think about it: if you know a guy who gives/takes loads, you save time and you don't spend money in a bar or in a sauna. 

If I lived someplace that had lots of bars with darkrooms, I'd probably go offline completely. 

I am particularly annoyed by the apps. I don't want to trade messages and pictures endlessly with people who aren't serious about meeting. I actually find myself being mean to some of the guys. Nothing gets rid of someone faster than to say I am a total bottom with a small dick (neither which is true by the way  :D ).

I've also started adding a couple of rent boys into the mix. Again, I'd rather part with a little cash and get exactly what I want and be on my way, instead of hoping I can coax a stranger into having sex. 

My take is that everyone think they deserve a 10, even though they are barely a 5, and will rather die waiting for one than to have sex with another 5.

I`ve been cruising and fucking for over 35 years and things have changed. It used to be that a hot guy was enough, now the hot guy has to be the absolute hottest god with at least an 8 because anything below is a waste of time

I see this when I cruise for an orgy or a 3way with guys I just met (during my travels). These guys maybe hot, but nothing like the bodybuilder-dropdead-gorgeous-type that stops traffic. but when we cruise on bbrt or sruff, none of the available guys in the area are good enough

True story, two weeks ago (and this happens all the time). In my hotel room in Miami with this other guy (somewhat hot guy around 45 yrs.). I get this guy (exactly like the photo, I got if from bareback station on FB, not the actual guy but he could be his fuckin twin)  hit me on scruff. Around 25 yrs old, bb and ready to come to our room in 20 minutes. The asshole I was with actually asked the guy “dick size?”, because somehow a "10/10 muscle and willing stud" was still not enough for him. I kicked the asshole out and had the 10/10 come, and he was like the pic.

All this to say that sex is dead in major cities because everyone think they are worth so much better than what the other guys have to offer.

Fuck I miss the early 80s

Steve 

post-8021-0-18496100-1434296211_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 7

I have to agree with many on here so far.  Too big of expectations.  Just checked out CL and ad after ad wanting a top with 8"+.  Seems that the vast majority want a guy from 18 to 30 max.  at about 5'8" to 5'10" around 165 pounds blond blue eyed or black male only and a few wanting Latino and have to have a minimum of 8" and very thick cock.   Absolutely stupid as they can get.

As someone who travels a lot for work, I have definitely made some observations. 

1.  Any area can be completely dead at some point in time.

2.  Some areas, and I believe this is regional are dead most of the time.

3.  Areas more accepting of versatily are less likely to be dead.

I've lived in the Portland area for the last 8 years, and it has comparitively been an extremely inactive sex scene for all of those years, the amount of time I spent looking for sex doubled and the number of hookups I got in a week dropped by 3/4.  If I hadn't tried to hookup in Seattle on several occasions I would have beleived it was the deadist city for sexual hookups in the world. 

I think it is a combination of guys looking for Mr. Perfect as already mentioned, guys that are cruising or on hookup sites looking for a relationship rather than a hookup (looking for a relationship can be very clear on the hookup sites too), and a rising percentage of guys that only want to jackoff while watching you jackoff (I'm tall, blonde, blue eyed, big dicked, and in reasonably good shape for a middle aged guy and seem to be a magnate for this type as well as the guys looking for a relationship before they hookup). Locally (since I have not experience it anywhere else) we also have the problem with guys into dressup fetishes and dressing up seems to be their only sexual release (you can't imagine how disappointed I was when I figured out guys in leather, assless underwear, and jockstraps go to the baths to get off on modeling their fetish rather than using there fetish to enhance the sex).  My problem is I don't know where to go as a horny guy, not overly picky and looking to hookup with no strings, most of the time I can easily find local guys that want to cruise me and be cruised by me but aren't actually interested in having sex, so horny travelers are always welcome.

I have question to AlwaysOpen is, has it improved yet?  I went to the bathhouse Friday night, there were a few guys but no one was even touching anyone else (which actualy isn't that abnormal for here) I stayed 3.5 hours and I don't think anyone had sex for the duration, last night things had returned to the normal level of extremely limited sex going on, I topped 4 guys including being jumped by 2 very hot guys and witnessed 6 more fucks.  I've pretty much given up on bottoming when I'm at home, I still douche just in case but bottoming has become a treat I get to indulge mostly when traveling.

Edited by NWUSHorny

I have question to AlwaysOpen is, has it improved yet?  I went to the bathhouse Friday night, there were a few guys but no one was even touching anyone else (which actualy isn't that abnormal for here) I stayed 3.5 hours and I don't think anyone had sex for the duration, last night things had returned to the normal level of extremely limited sex going on, I topped 4 guys including being jumped by 2 very hot guys and witnessed 6 more fucks.  I've pretty much given up on bottoming when I'm at home, I still douche just in case but bottoming has become a treat I get to indulge mostly when traveling.

Well, the sad answer is no, the area has remained  sexually numb at best-- but it has not just happened-- I began noticing the sex club 321/Slammer had lost the "energy or Vibe" a couple years ago- guys roaming but hard to get anyone to settle in and really play hard. Online  was a sort of reliable source for some play-- but even that has gotten profoundly unresponsive. Ft Laud used to NEVER have less than 10 hook up now ads on BBRT at any time- in recent weeks there have been times when there were 4 or fewer on, and a couple of those were the perpetual type -and the poster was offline. I too went out Friday to the bath house- half priced rooms--should have been active-- and yet, I was lucky- truly- to suck 3 cocks (none came) and got fucked by 2 guys in the room- 1 was a small Asian guy who  I think was hoping for a wedding ring , the other a guy who was a bearish type and was actually a great cummer- neither were 10's or  maybe in some eyes a 5 even--but I was eager to get bred and they were more than willing to help- which is the attitude that tops and bottoms used to seem to have all the time. I was off Thurs thru Sat, and sad to say, only sucked off 1 guy Thurs, and no play at all all day Saturday-

(As a side bar- I even hit one of the gay bars Friday for the after work $2 drink happy hour- had heard it was where EVERYONE went--got there a little late, about 530- and found a parking spot with no problem; went in the bar and the bar was sparsely populated- hung out till 7pm and while it did get a little busier...was  only about 1/2 of a "crowd", and the number of guys on their phones checking sites or texting was really noticeable --lucky for me a friend  from years ago  happened to arrive and we caught up b4 I ran to the tubs--otherwise-- zzzzzz

I travel o/s each year. Over time I have found that Amsterdam has gone quiet, London is still fairly sleazy.. a couple of the clubs in particular, but there are lots of sex parties advertised on BBRT. Manchester wasn't too bad last year, Munich has it's moments but Berlin.. well they don't call the place barelin for nothing, but mostly on the big party weekends. e.g Folsom. Brussels and Antwerp have their moments too.

In Australia, Melbourne and Sydney have some good sex clubs/saunas, but tend to only really work Friday, Saturday and Sundays.

Hate to say it but the US has become boring of late.. when compared to years ago (first trip across was in 1993 and a further 9 since). Venues closed, people obsessed with their "images" and more interested in getting off their face on drugs.

Generally, a lot of people don't seem to have the income of past years.. eg Amsterdam used to be very busy each weekend with an influx of visitors just there for the weekend.. not any more.

Just the observations of a seasoned traveller.. 

• Upvote 1

Guest plowmeraw

I like hooking up online because you can avoid all the bullshit from meeting someone at a bar--I can be open about what I like and my status so no time is wasted. But man the flake factor is really frustrating. Why are these guys on hookup sites if they're not down to fuck? Manhunt is completely useless and also a lot of guys want to use a condom--deleted my profile there. I've had better luck with BBRT but still takes a lot of fishing to hook a fuck. I think that's why I've turned to sex parties like Cumunion for most of my sex--I know I'm going to get fucked when I go there, and usually by around 10 tops or so. And I even take a turn at topping another hot bottom now and then. No wasted time, no frustration, just tons of fucking.