Hiv+ People Who Are Ud And Oraquick Test Results

Will they show up as neg?  As part of my safer sex practices I usually require my partner to take an OraQuick test. I'm just curious if undetectable will show up as poz or neg. I know that UD people are almost no risk so if they do show up as neg, it's not a giant concern.

They will show up as a "reactive" on an OraQuick test.  I've noticed tho, that the T line on the test is sometimes very faint and difficult to see.

oraquick is an antibody test, and antibodies dont go away, so anyone who is undetectable is going to produce a reactive oraquick.

HOWEVER.... what I just wrote and is 99% true isnt always true.  Just like many other diseases and conditions, sometimes the antibodoes go away over time.  it takes years and sometimes decades but it can happen.  In that case if the person was HIV+ they would have to be healthy and undetectable for many many years before there is even a chance of that happening, and even in that case its quite rare for it to happen.  

• 3 weeks later...