Man With Hiv Arrested For Seeking Sex On Social Media

As the article points out, the actual entrapment engaged in by the police is a crime, while what the defendant did is not a crime, so I think the defendant has a lawsuit he could bring forth against the police with sufficient evidence.  I lived 15 years of my life in Missouri, and it is very backward in many areas, and in many ways.

Entrapment can be argued either way almost any time. What the courts look at is:

-if the plaintiff was given reasons to opt out during any interaction with police

- How reasonable the persuasive tactics of the police were. Police ultimately have to lie and persuade anyone who could be considered as being "entrapped."

• Upvote 1

Entrapment can be argued either way almost any time. What the courts look at is:

-if the plaintiff was given reasons to opt out during any interaction with police

- How reasonable the persuasive tactics of the police were. Police ultimately have to lie and persuade anyone who could be considered as being "entrapped."

And the police lie all the time. He needs a good lawyer.

Without more facts, I will withhold judgment.  The article only gives the basic information.  Who knows if it was entrapment or he was an absolute moron and freely posted he was planning to try to infect people with HIV.

And before anyone getting annoyed, I am always wary of any story in the media regardless of the source.  I like to hear all the facts and not just an article which pretty much only says what happened, rather than why it happened.  When all the facts come out, then I'll make up my mind.

• Upvote 1