Barebacking As An Hiv+ Undetectable Guy

calidude

I have been diagnosed HIV+ 2 1/2 years ago, and then became undetectable roughly six months later; for various reasons which you all can imagine I haven't had as much sex as I used to.

Due to my endowment and the shortage of tops in the area where I live, in particular I have been bottoming more and more rarely, to the point where the last time I got fucked was in 2014… Recently, I have been feeling the itch more and more, and the dildo isn't really enough anymore.

Long story short, I am seriously considering trying out the Cumunion party in my area next week. What are the health risks for someone who is HIV+, undetectable and on regular medications? I am especially worried about catching a different HIV strain, which could make my medications useless (is that correct?) or an equally nasty STD (Hep C, I guess, is the most dangerous of the ones out there) which could seriously complicate my otherwise treatable condition.

I know this forum is no substitute for a medical counsel, but I would still appreciate any informed opinion that you guys are willing to share.

Thanks

Well, for HIV, you don't have much to worry about. In North America, HIV-A is, by far, the most common strain. (HIV-B is the principal strain only in some parts of Africa). You don't mention which meds you're on and I'll let others here who know a good deal more about HIV treatments address how well your meds might fight other strains of HIV.

If you're undetectable,you can't really pass HIV along to anyone else.

Hep-C is transmitted though blood-to-blood contact. There's debate on whether it can even be contracted through ordinary sexual contact. (And you are already vaccinated against Hep-A and Hep-B, right?) 

For the rest of the bugs, I'd worry most about chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis. Those are all treatable with antibiotics. For your health and to settle your mind, you should plan to get tested for all STIs a few weeks afterwards even if you don't notice any symptoms.

Go, have fun. Let us know how it goes. 

I have been diagnosed HIV+ 2 1/2 years ago, and then became undetectable roughly six months later; for various reasons which you all can imagine I haven't had as much sex as I used to.

Due to my endowment and the shortage of tops in the area where I live, in particular I have been bottoming more and more rarely, to the point where the last time I got fucked was in 2014… Recently, I have been feeling the itch more and more, and the dildo isn't really enough anymore.

Long story short, I am seriously considering trying out the Cumunion party in my area next week. What are the health risks for someone who is HIV+, undetectable and on regular medications? I am especially worried about catching a different HIV strain, which could make my medications useless (is that correct?) or an equally nasty STD (Hep C, I guess, is the most dangerous of the ones out there) which could seriously complicate my otherwise treatable condition.

I know this forum is no substitute for a medical counsel, but I would still appreciate any informed opinion that you guys are willing to share.

Thanks

If you are undetectable I would pretty much fuck who you want, but stay away from guys that "party" as they are less likely to take care of their health, have other STI's, as well as HCV.  

Otherwise, I would fuck who you want.  Cumunion is a good place to get other STI's if that bothers you, you may want to reconsider.

As for who you fuck know, I cant legally advise this, but if you are undetectable the risk of you transmitting to anyone else is very low, so I'm not sure if I would discuss status unless directly asked.  This is completely different than what I would have said a few years ago, but the facts are out there that undetectable gays are not spreading HIV, so if you wanna get fucked, change your profiles to vers bttm, and go from there.    

• 4 weeks later...

I keep a prescription of Doxycycline on hand and I assume I caught something after an event like a Cumunion Party or a night at the baths and I take 100 mg for 10 days. I've had all the bugs so I know what the routine is. I'd rather assume I caught something and treat it unnecessarily than wait for symptoms and potentially have infected a regular fuck buddy in the days/weeks following a binge. I'm just nice that way. I value my regular buddies too much to risk giving them a bug.

My biggest worries are Hep C and anal warts. I've had the warts and the treatment is awful. Hep C i've never had and don't want, but thankfully it is curable.

• Upvote 1