229 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Viral Load status?

• I am Undetectable
    • I have not been able to get to Undetectable
    • I am not on meds

• 2 years later...
Guest GiddyapDude
On 8/12/2015 at 9:58 AM, TigerMilner said:

I just read this articel from Body.com, which I find very interesting. It says 75% of positive guys on treatment have not reached undetectable viral loads. I find this shockingly high. Maybe I didn't realize that it was so elusive. I was undetectable from a viral load of around 100,000 within 30 days of beginning treatment. I was on Complera and Issentriss. I understand Issentriss is known for knocking down the viral load quickly. I was only on it til I hit undetectable and have maintained that with just Complera ever since. I recently switched to Stribild and have still remained undetectable. Not being infectious has been very important to me. It is also good for my long term health.

I wonder how many of the guys on here are Undetectable?  And how many of you have had no success in knocking out the viral load?

[think before following links] http://www.thebody.com/content/71218/getting-to-undetectable-people-living-with-hiv-sha.html?ap=818

Perhaps it wasn't apparent at the time you started this thread in 2015, but the article you mention reading in The Body was originally published in 2001. Improvements in HAART between 2001 & 2015 certainly led to that increased # of people testing undetectable, as now is pretty much the norm for those on meds with good adherence. 

• 1 month later...