How Many Of You Are Undetectable?

What is your Viral Load status?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Viral Load status?

• I am Undetectable
    • I have not been able to get to Undetectable
    • I am not on meds

It takes more than a few days for the VL to increase to a "infective" level.  So theoretically, missing lets say 3 days of meds & then restarting, would not have enough of an effect to make that person INFECTIVE.  But, missing doeses, repeatedly, could result in a resistance problem, which in turn would have more of an effect on VL... My "advice",  don't do either.

Exactly. I had a friend who was consistently bad about taking his complera.  He would take it probably 4-5x a week on average, but not would forget alot.  at his last checkup, his VL was still undetectable, but his CD4 had dropped about 150 points.  While a CD$ count can drop for a number of reasons, that was significant for him, with no cold, flu, etc.    

I've been poz for about 10 years now. I probably got it around 2004. I didn't know I had it, & I didn't have any symptoms until about 3 years later when I sero-converted, which was not fun at all. I was diagnosed in 2009. My very first labs, my cd4 was 294, and my viral load was around 40,000. It had probably been higher than that earlier on, before I started taking better care of myself. But thankfully I caught it in time.

not to put too fine a point on it, but you sero convert when you become HIV+, not three years later. 

Now do you think I'm correct in assuming that my poz lifestyle would pretty much be the same as my prep lifestyle except if I don't take my meds everyday my vL will begging to rise and slowly kill me?

Yup, it will pretty much be the same, just stay on top of your meds.  the emotional rollercoaster part will go away in time, and it will just become a slight reminder in the back of your mind.  

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found out i was poz fall of last year. I know i was knocked up around six months before. Wasnt trying to catch it just loved bareback. Normally a top but when i got i was a bareback bottom pig. Loved every minute. On meds for seven months and not undetectable yet. New test shows some resistance so adding new meds to help push VL down. VLkeeps dropping but im still above 350k. Goal is undectable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After doing hardcore bareback sex since I've turned 16y/o I was lucky enough to dodge the bullet of catching any sti or even Hiv... I really did a lot of fucking both top as bottoming... it wasn't until Sept 2014 when I did a series of medical tests after feeling really tired and knocked down... even though feeling tired and weak were my only symptoms my Dr. Didn't thought I would be poz.. Still I wanted to rule that out anyway so there is went.. 2.5 weeks later I got that call I hoped never to get... I was poz... with a VL OF 10.000 and a CD4 count of 950. it took me until late November to start medical treatment. I was not into those big pills... well my first testresults in December came back as undetectable and 2 years it's still the same. Still no sti caught and taking quite a few loadseconds when having fun.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I suspect that a lot of the guys claiming to be undetectable, are on meds. But I expect many have not actually tested as undetectable.

Also, some are probably poz guys looking to pass it on.

Overall undetectable is a meaningless description. Every bareback guy is poz, if you believe. :)

• Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

Confirmed poz in July '16, CD4 was 6 and VL was 421,760 and two weeks in hospital.  Happy to say that after starting Genvoya in July, last test CD4 was 363 and VL was 30.  Moving fast to becoming undetectable.  Now if I could just curb this super sex drive I've gotten since getting better.  Damn... have turned into a bigger slut than before!  LOL

• Upvote 1

B/F switched drugs a month ago to Genvoya, got his first month's test and he's still undetectable. He fucks me almost every day raw and rough and I"m still neg.  Some days I wish I'd catch it, most days glad I haven't but getting fucked by a poz guy, even undetectable is the best sex and the best sex fantasy I've ever had. 

• Upvote 2

Guest cardoc49

Punaman: thanks for this very nice info / and Im so glad that you are so honest - and I support you on the days that you wish you'd catch it...

xx

Carsten

• 3 weeks later...

I'm   undetectable it took about 3or 4 months to get me down but had a very high viral load before starting treatment. I dont regret  getting hiv I enjoyed the sex like always. I still enjoy raw sex! I knew the risks but I just can't stand a gloved cock! And I love having a hot load pumped into my man pussy.

• Upvote 1

Guest Dickmagnet

I'm not i'm still neg & waiting for some one to bug me up, Looking forward to the day when it finally happens after all the promises & still nothing.