Jessiesboy

The thread may have necrotized, but it still makes for a good discussion in illustrative ethics. I take a slightly different view that some others here who place the Jessiesboy character (I will treat this as a fictional account) in the clear. The ultimate result of Jessiesboy's choices is likely to be - the consensus of the thread seems to agree - nothing good. Jessiesboy may lose his original friend as well as the sexual relationship, the brother may lose his relationship with his girlfriend, and the relationship between the brothers may be strained.

We cannot claim that the brother would have cheated in any case; this is supposition. There is no corroborating evidence from the narrative. Likewise, we cannot assume that the boyfriend/girlfriend relationship is an open one, because there is no evidence in the narrative. We must assume it is like an average, or traditional heterosexual romantic relationship, subject to the same effects, for this ethical consideration.

This leaves the case at hand, in which Jessiesboy has found himself in a compromising situation with the brother. He can do one of two things: He can escalate or de-escalate the situation. According to the narrative, Jessiesboy makes the positive choice to escalate the situation by forwardly offering sexual favors to the brother, setting the stage for what follows. Had he not done so, the incident would likely, as suggested by the nature of the conversation immediately preceding, been laughed off. The brother might not, then, have ever cheated at all, but gone on with his girlfriend.

Therefore, the causality for any misery that follows must be laid equally at the door of Jessiesboy for orchestrating the whole mess, not solely at the brother's for taking advantage of the offer.

One might argue, "Jessiesboy didn't hold a gun to the brother's head and force him to have sex with him," but that argument points toward a corollary - take the recent Waffle House shooting in Nashville. The perpetrator, a disturbed young man whose firearms had been taken away from him and given to his father for safekeeping, had his  weapons returned to him not once, but twice by that same father, with the direct result that the perpetrator had them available to kill four people. Does the father bear any ethical responsibility for the results of his son's actions? I believe he does.

We are taught that we should not knowingly place temptation in the path of our neighbor, lest by doing so we cause him to fall.

It is for this reason that I am extremely careful about agreeing to threesomes with couples; I do not wish to be the wedge that causes a relationship to split.

• Upvote 1

Eroswired,

Regarding Jessieboy, I have a point or two of disagreement: first, as someone who values sexual fidelity, the hypothetical girlfriend's loss is more akin to the trauma of somone who's has a tumor excised. There is suffering in the cure, but ultimately, such a person loses nothing worth the keeping, in my opinion.

Secondly, while your threesome policy is, of course, your own decision, in my experience a 'relationship ending threesome' is less the wedge that split the solid oak, than the wind that knocked over the tree that had rotted away from the core. Most couples that split because of a third in my opinion were looking , on some level, for an excuse that would leave them blameless in the eyes of what can, admittedly, be a community obsessed with finger-pointing and virtue-signalling.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

I was walking home 1 night , after school , 1 of my friends older brother seen me walking home !  He stopped and ask me if I needed a ride - saying ," Sure ! "  Then he ask me if I have a few moments - he needed to do a few things - I said ," Sure ! "  He drove to a private small woods  - mentioned he had to take a piss ! We stepped out of the car , he lighting up a joint - sharing it with me - giving me shot gun , walking though the woods . He finally found a spot , hanging used condoms on a tree , and pulled out his big uncut cock - I was staring - looking around - curious what was happening ! he proceed grabbing a used condom and lighting up another joint ! Sharing and buffing - watching him slurping the juices out of a used condom . While staring , he grabbed another used condom - telling me to try it - I did so ! I was slurping and he guided my hand on his erected dick - felt so GOOD and HOT ( while he was rubbing my crotch ! ) You , All , knows what happen - I finally was sucking his cock - he taking used condom juices fingering my hole !

We done this several times - becoming a regular - waiting for him picking me up from school !

• Like 1