Anyone Else Have Issues With Triumeq

Theo8

My doctor added Tivicay (the integrase inhibitor in Triumeq) to my symtuza (Prezcobix/Tivicay) regimen. I wake up way more alert than I’d like, but it’s gotten better over time. I would say it’s got a lower side effect profile than my previous regimen - 

I was on Biktarvy / Prezcobix and had terrible nightmares, bad abdominal cramping, and weird body odor. Dropped Biktarvy and it was fine.

• 1 year later...

I haven’t had any major issues with Triumeq, I have been taking now for years, they did tests first and moved me from Atripla; I switched taking at morning, compared to night because of the Atripla fucking with my sleep, I would have the crazy dreams, but would not get any proper sleep, was so tired I would sleep 16 hours a day just to go to work. My Doctor also insisted on psych evaluations, due to the long term depression they were seeing with patients on Atripla, whic I don’t have to do on Triumeq. I have noted with Triumeq that I shouldn’t eat before I take it, and eat 30 mins after taking it, especially no diary, if I did I would feel nauseous and light headed about 4 hours later and would last 30 mins to an hour. We are all different, so it’s great to be in a world with choice available.

• 2 weeks later...

It took a few month for my body to adjust to triumeq (sleep dreams concentration and tummy issues)but taking it early in the morning seems to be working for me now. Almost 4 years on it and nothing to report anymore. The only thing to keep in mind is if you are by any chance working out and taking creatine  make sure to tell your doc as blood test will show high creatinine that could be wrongly taken for a renal problems. And as usual loads of interaction to be careful with:  vitamines, iron aluminium...

I hated Triumeq. I was only on it for a few months and suffered through nightmares, constant headaches, blurred vision, muscle tremors and inability to concentrate. Also had a drop in CD4 count. My doctor filed an incident report on the side effects and switched me back to Atripla.