Poz Guys Now Expected To Live Longer Than Neg Guys

• Administrators

That's right, getting HIV these days means you will probably live longer than your neg counterparts. Hard to believe, but true.

http://www.hivequal.org/hiv-equal-online/say-what-how-an-hiv-diagnosis-can-lead-to-a-longer-life

But to be fair the increase is probably due to having a closer relationship with the healthcare system due to frequent checkups. So neg guys on PrEP should do even better than poz guys. But the point is that there's no longer need to fear HIV. Yes, it's a hassle if you become poz, but it doesn't need to kill you.

And of course, it only applies to guys who get into treatment in a timely manner. So getting tested regularly is critical as is getting on treatment before your t-cells drop below 350 (which usually happens about 2 years after infection).

This also makes HIV criminalization rather absurd.

Guest ff-whole

Now waiting to have Prep available for everybody all over the world for a reasonable price... But the pharma mafiosia and ignorant governments are keeping everything problematic...

This makes sense to me. I've been poz for more than 30 years, during which time I have taken great care of body and mind. I'm more fit and in better health today than at any time in my life, and I fully expect to be healthy and enjoy life as a sex pig for many years to come.

Meanwhile, I know and see many guys who get on PReP in order to stay HIV neg - but at the same time they let the rest of their health and fitness go to hell. Ironic.

Decent article, but IMO it should also focus more on the details like it estimated that only 30% of people who are HIV+ in the US are undetectable and controlling the virus.  

Its just like anything else if you take good care of your health, you are going to live longer.  With HIV+ guys who take their health seriously they are just forced to with regular doctors visits.  In contrast I know straight guys who havent been to the doctor in 5+ years.   

• 5 weeks later...

You know, another angle to this is that I started paying a lot more attention to my nutrition and fitness when I tested positive. These days, I hit the gym or exercise some other way a minimum of five days a week, and I've cut back on meat consumption, way back on junk food (aside from gummy bears...I love bears of all kinds LOL) and cut out soda completely, Meanwhile, I eat a ton of fruits and vegetables.

It all stems from really coming face-to-face with my mortality. My HIV diagnosis really drove home the fact that I was not, in fact, going to live forever. And so it became important to take much better care of myself than I did before.

I wonder if that's a common experience. If so, it may also help explain the results of the study.

I'm not buying it, the guys tend to be more reckless in general, ok I get the doctor trips will help find anything out of the ordinary sooner on than the average Joe, but there is the whole advanced ageing thing to think about as well. We'll see how medicine gets in 10 years time, but I honestly think I'd have a better chance at making 80 if I didn't fuck around the last few years

I'm not buying it, the guys tend to be more reckless in general, ok I get the doctor trips will help find anything out of the ordinary sooner on than the average Joe, but there is the whole advanced ageing thing to think about as well. We'll see how medicine gets in 10 years time, but I honestly think I'd have a better chance at making 80 if I didn't fuck around the last few years

Experience proves it for me. 20 years of bb sex and thousands of fucks later and I`m still not catching, not giving anything, as are all the poz barebackers I kept in touch over the years.

If you poz, take your pill, and you are good to go, free of worries, and some docs will throw in some nice steroids to beef you up (one of the perks of being poz).

I cannot be the only guy whose virus had been a pure blessing? Am I ?

Experience proves it for me. 20 years of bb sex and thousands of fucks later and I`m still not catching, not giving anything, as are all the poz barebackers I kept in touch over the years.

If you poz, take your pill, and you are good to go, free of worries, and some docs will throw in some nice steroids to beef you up (one of the perks of being poz).

I cannot be the only guy whose virus had been a pure blessing? Am I ?

You haven't caught anything else? Why do you think that is? Do you think the meds you're on has prevented you from getting other illnesses? That's interesting.