Hiv Vaccine To Be Tested On People

This is indeed hopeful news. Most vaccine candidates never get as far as human trials. Sadly, an approved vaccine is years away, even if it works. I am glad scientists are still working on it. Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath just yet.

Because a real vaccine is still so far off I'm currently more interested in forms of PrEP other than a daily pill, especially a long-term (3 month) injectable, which wouldn't be that different than getting a flu shot every year.

Thank you for sharing this seaguy.

Edited by tallbtm
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gloryholee

Trouble with the health industry is that it is what it says it is..... An Industry! Pharmaceutical companies make far more money drip feeding a person pills and injections throughout their life, compared to a single "cure all" pill or injection. I never believe these "trials". I think it's just a publicity stunt to try and show they're still trying to find a cure.

That being said, i hope i'm wrong, as it would be a remarkable breakthrough in science to cure HIV. 

Certainly there is hope for a vaccine in the future.  But, with the longer lifespan of those infected with the virus and the "normalization" of LGBT issues, I wonder if there will continue to be a strong enough effort to really achieve a vaccine anytime soon.

But, I also wonder, will a vaccine erase the disease and with it the dark fetish that is related to chasing and gift giving.  It would be a boon to barebacking---more folks would feel the wonders of natural sex.  But it would be interesting to see if the fetish disappears along with the disease and risk.  In short, is it the taboo or the actual disease that we pursue as chasers or gifters.