Your Personal Politics (Aside From Lgbt Issues)

PhoenixGeoff

7 hours ago, PervNW said:

I live in the UK and have had a really keen interest in politics from a very very young age. I was on picket lines with my father during the year long miners strike in the 1980's when I was a small child. 

I consider myself left of centre. I also work in a sector that supports people. I do not have any particular party I support. I consider policies. I could not however support the conservative party. They butchered my home town. I would never support the Brexit Party or UKIP as brexit is the most ridiculous idea ever. I also would never support a party that restricted equality. 

Having said all that I am ridiculously attracted to  dominant far right wing, gun toting, redneck types, skinheads and military men. 

I hate the fact that I am, but I just can't help it. 

many of us in the UK like you, hating what this power-grab by the privilieged right, but attracted to Tom of Finland types! We can discuss it if you want.

7 hours ago, Riverfk said:

Haven't seen it, is it set in Baltimore? That seems to be a requirement for the genre.

Yes it’s my favorite movie of that genre. Baltimore (AKA”Bawmer” LOL) is assumed, but not mentioned like in Pink Flamingos, Pecker and Hairspray. I absolutely love Jean Hill in it. Liz Renay is in it and also appears in Cry Baby along with Patty Hearst and some other actual felons. Divine’s funeral appears in the first few minutes of Angels In America” but she is not named. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pozboy said:

many of us in the UK like you, hating what this power-grab by the privilieged right, but attracted to Tom of Finland types! We can discuss it if you want.

Definitely

17 minutes ago, PervNW said:

Definitely

There has since Roosevelt been a “power grab” by the privileged LEFT into a trap of Government Control baited by Free Stuff. 
  I call the “one world government” people LEFT, because they want Government to control every aspect of your life, although the Corporate tyranny of the privileged RIGHT is a reality as well. 
  Country boys can tote guns and not be racist camo queens. The concepts of Liberty and limited Government that we label “Right Wing” should logically  appeal to more LBGT people than the PC fascism of what we call “Left Wing”.

• Upvote 1

I would say I’m 70% democrat, and I agree with them on most things except a few including: immigration/amnesty  (unless they pay back taxes), abortion (unless the woman pays for it herself) and excessive govt assistance (if u pissed your life off that’s not my problem). I see myself as a black man first, so I don’t really care about gay issues because I find a lot are racist and don’t give a damn about any “minority” until it’s time to benefit their agenda. I’ve seen too many times guys screaming equality, only to go out to the club or online after and preach about the “preferences.”    

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I hate the government. Completely. 100%. I cannot think of a more dastardly and diabolical organization. Both parties are fucking terrible, it doesnt matter who's in charge. The only politician I've liked is Ron Paul.

Ask me about all the conspiracy theories I know. A relevant one right now is how the requisites for whistleblowing changed a month ago to include "rumors and third-hand conversations" which means that the whistleblower who brought forth the Ukrainian Phone Call could not bring it to light 2 months ago. Interestingly enough, the whistleblower is a CIA plant. You know, the CIA, the ones who drugged numerous people with LSD against their will for funsies, torture people for funsies, topple governments for funsies, created HIV/AIDS, etc etc. So why should anyone believe what a CIA plant says when they're not blowing the whistle on all the fucked up shit the CIA does.

Edited by putitinmecoach
underthought my post, wanted to add more without creating a new post
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 9/27/2019 at 6:30 PM, Guest BreedMeInVegas said:

Fiscally conservative, mildly liberal on social topics, and I'm libertarian in the sense that I believe in limited govt, or elected officials telling me what I can or can't do.  I work hard, make good money, and I pay my taxes.  I follow the laws, even the ones I don't agree with such as being forced to pay car insurance, and being forced to pay to register my car each year.  However I understand that here in Nevada where I live, car registration fees help pay for govt services.

I'm single, and have no kids, and I don't mind contributing to stuff like public schools through the taxes I pay.  However, I feel I pay more then my fair share and am not a fan of those who take advantage of the system by consuming more then they put in.

On social issues I could care less who someone want's to marry as long as it's not an animal or someone underage.  What people choose to do inside the privacy of their homes is up to them, as long as no one is being hurt or doing stuff against their will.  

I don't feel any drugs should be illegal, but if someone can't handle it and they end up driving while high, or hurting others while high, they should be punished.  Anything in moderation is fine with me, but is it's abused, the abuser is on their own to deal with the ramifications.

I personally don't agree with abortion except in the case of rape or threat to the mothers life.  I certainly don't support people using abortion as birth control, and don't believe tax payers should be paying for them to have an abortion.  This comes down to personal responsibility.  Can't afford a kid?  Then keep your legs closed.  Society shouldn't have to be penalized for the inability of others to act or think rationally.

As a country I feel we're over taxed simply because the govt overspends. 

I don't believe that going to college is a right, you can either afford it, or you can't.  Way to many people use college as a reason to delay becoming an adult, and very few careers these days actually require a degree.  Same with health care, I don't believe it's a right, and thinking that the govt can run it and do a better job is a pipe dream.  Working hard and getting a job with great benefits should be the goal for people.

I think term limits for congress are long overdue.  Being a politician should not be a career possibility.  I don't support globalism because I believe everyone is different, and countries should be able to embrace what they choose as a way of living, again as long as it's not hurting others or their own. 

As Americans, and being the richest and strongest country economically, I do support things like NATO and the UN as long as everyone is paying their fair share.  But in order to be able to help other countries, I believe we must first take care of our own, then help others in need until they can stand on their own.  I believe in an open market and fair trade, but also believe in tarriffs being applied to countries that abuse free trade.  While an even export/import would be nice, I'm ok with America having a slight trade imbalance where we import a little more then we import, but not rates like 2-3 times like we see today.  I figure it's a way of helping other countries succeed.

Finally, I understand that the only way we'll ever have a President that I agree with on 100% of the issues, will be if I myself get elected.  So instead I choose to support the person who reflects as many of my issues as I do.

Ultimately I just want to be left alone to live and enjoy my life without needing the govt to hold my hand, or keep me from enjoying it.

I agree completely. 

• 1 month later...

I used to be a maga supporter in 2016... Im not anymore, after seeing the hate and transphobia and bigotted nature, I couldn't support him, getting into politics more, I liked Jo Jorgensen, after following her for some time, I love her policies and as a libertarian, I support her more, as we know, libertarians have supported lgbt rights since the 70s, so they're ahead of the curve

• 11 months later...

on the political compass, I’m a left-libertarian (-7.63 economic left/right and -7.23 social libertarian/authoritarian). basically the lower left corner/southwest quadrant. in real world/real person terms, you can think of that as somewhere between karl marx and noam chomsky.

the political compass is not an infallible guide, given that your positions on any one issue will change over time, but it is useful for seeing where you fit in the big picture. Ars Technica has a great site which was updated for the 2020 u.s. presidential election - and it is notable that Bernie Sanders is closer to the center (-1.5, -1) while still being in the same quadrant as myself. a criticism I have is that the compass misses a lot of nuance, but that’s what civil dialogue and conversation are for.

as for myself, I typically vote blue when it matters (e.g., general elections) and have done so in the past when I lived in NYC (which didn’t have ranked choice during those elections in which I voted), but lately I’ve been thinking of changing my voter registration to “independent” since that more accurately reflects who I am. if only there was a viable third party on the national scene, l would go for that in a heartbeat; unfortunately the likelihood of that occurring in a country whose voting systems are mostly  based on first-past-the-post is practically nil.

as a side note, I’m a politics/political science junkie and it’s great that BZ has this subsection where I have a feeling I’ll be spending a lot of time, lol.

• 1 month later...

To lay the background:

I have never missed an election, (even when I was traveling extensively years ago while building a business) including all the local, the primary, as well as the general elections. I was Captain of my precinct back in Chicago for a number of years, always delivering my precinct in the mid to high 90's. While I don't know enough about the "machinery" of foreign (ie. non-US) elections, I do know all about how domestic elections work (for those of you who know who Mayor Daley was, and subsequently his son as Mayor), I helped Richie win, and deliver the needed help to ordinary citizens, whether it be hunger, homelessness, employment, you name it.  Operative word being help.  Delivering elections to Democratic candidates helped regular, ordinary citizens with their problems, and I know this from first-hand experience.  ALL elections matter, from school board members to your House District to the Primaries to the General.  Tip O'Neill - scion of Liberalism - once paraphrased an old saying: " All politics is local".  That means me, it means you.

Thus: 

I have never voted for a Republican, because I found no such outreach within their ranks as outlined above.  I have found, through years of what might be called "Community Service" that there is nothing offered by the so-called Conservative Party other than platitudes and enriching only themselves.  To me, this embodies the willful ignorance of the general welfare of the community, which is based in the depravity of White Privilege.  The Conservative Party in the U.S. is entirely about conservation of the protection, extension of their position of privilege in society.  The Liberal Party, however fractious, is entirely about uplifting those who are not, by accident of their birth or circumstances, among the elite.  

To those who I have just pissed off, I challenge you to reflect deeply on what it means to give a rats ass about our fellow human beings.  Don't bother to bitch at me; I'm completely impervious to intellectual laziness. Instead, spend that energy on trying, in some small way, to offer a helping hand to those in your community that really need it.  Consider whether you give anything back to your community, to your town or city, to your state, to your Country.  If you find that you are only taking from society, then figure out how - in whatever small way - you can help uplift those who need it.  Start small - it's easy - try just a non of acknowledgement of others while walking down the street.  Maybe donate some pocket change to a beggar.  Help someone other than yourself.  

This, my friends, is why I am a Liberal/Progressive, and will never ever cast my vote for a Republican. If Gabriel blew his trumpet, Jesus came outta the clouds and hollered "Vote Republican", I'd risk my chances elsewhere.

It's all about doing what you can to uplift those who need it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2