On Being Safe And While Having Bb Sex With Hiv Undetectable People

garsento

I've progressed a fair bit since the post I made last year about topping bare my undetectable poz fisting partner.

https://breeding.zone/topic/30071-should-i-have-unprotected-sex-with-an-undetectable-poz-fisting-partner/

Now, I regularly top him, bareback. (I've occasionally bottomed for him bareback, but only briefly, never close to the point of orgasm.) I've also ended up cultivating something very hot, and again bareback, with another undetectable poz guy, a handsome older leather daddy. I wrote about our last encounter this Sunday past in the "Your Last Load" forum.

https://breeding.zone/topic/34645-a-sling-in-the-afternoon-at-steamworks/

That's it; that's all the barebacking I'm doing. I'm consistently using condoms with other people, whether ones I know or don't know. I've no intention of changing this, unless I manage to get onto PrEP. (Maybe.)

I trust the two guys--both are open about their status, both are guys I've known for a while, the daddy for a year and the fisting guy for four years. It's possible that they're misleading me, but I don't think I'm such a poor judge of character as to miss that. It's possible, I suppose, that they are mistaken, but both are on top.

Knowing their status, and perhaps also knowing what I've done, I don't think I've particular reason to think I've become HIV positive, It's still a possibility, I suppose, through these two guys or other people, that I've become HIV-positive. I'm not looking forward to my HIV test for that reason, but unless I've made a huge miscalculation I expect I won't be. The science of TaSP is sound, I trust these guys, and so I don't think I've anything to fear.

Does this make sense to you guys?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if my view is valid.  However, I will state it again.  Once you make a conscious decision to bareback, you are taking a risk.  You have to recognize that is the case.  Regardless of the story they tell, not every guy is honest.  Even some of the honest guys do not really know the "science" of AID or their own status.

As an example, I had really great sex with a guy last Sunday.  He stated he was neg.   We got high, (really high) hit the poppers and fucked for several hours.  IT was all bareback and he rammed two loads deep into me.

As a committed barebacker and chaser, I really did not think much about it...other than just a great romp in the sack.   Later in the week, we talked again.  He liked the sex as much as I did.  But, he told me he had not been honest about his status.  He is poz and not on meds right now.  For some guys...many like the original post....that would be horrible to find out.  For me, it simply meant that I was gonna continue to get fucked by a poz guy (and I did last night, and will again on Sunday).

While I was not really concerned, this could have been a worse situation if I were not a chaser.

Bottom line......do it or don't do it.....but be sure of  your decision

• Upvote 1

There is much less to fear from a guy who knows his status and is honest about it. If he is on treatment and seeing a doctor regularly at least he is proactive about his health and probably a more trustworthy source of his overall health. There are worse things than HIV, not least of which is HepC. I've hooked up with lots of guys who's profile claimed negative and later (sometimes much later) they revealed that they were not. I assume anyone practicing bareback sex is either some version of hiv poz or doesn't give a fuck. In my state it is illegal to not disclose your status so I put it out there. If you are not comfortable about that move on! The bottom line is if you are going to let anybody fuck you bare or not you need to be prepared for some risk.

• 5 months later...

From the studies I've read, the risk of getting pozzed from an undetectable guy is extremely low.

For me, if I have to go off prep, I'd only fuck with poz/undetectable guys.

This is true, but its also important to find out if they are really undetectable.  I know a guy who has undetectable on all his profiles, yet has been off meds for a year... In his case there is almost no chance he is undetectable. 

• Upvote 1