Luck Vs. Immunity

Guest Gloryholee

12 hours ago, CowboyAboutTown said:

Check out the following link.  

https://www.cdc.gov/std/tg2015/syphilis.htm

Penicillin G, administered parenterally, is the preferred drug for treating persons in all stages of syphilis. The preparation used (i.e., benzathine, aqueous procaine, or aqueous crystalline), dosage, and length of treatment depend on the stage and clinical manifestations of the disease. Treatment for late latent syphilis and tertiary syphilis require a longer duration of therapy, because organisms theoretically might be dividing more slowly (the validity of this rationale has not been assessed). Longer treatment duration is required for persons with latent syphilis of unknown duration to ensure that those who did not acquire syphilis within the preceding year are adequately treated.

Here's another interesting link.  

https://aac.asm.org/content/61/1/e01092-16

I  know guys who have successfully treated C, G and S after coming home with bugs from a cream filled Southern Decadence weekend or a vacation in Mexico with a cocktail of doxycycline, tetracycline,  and azithromycin.    You need a Dr. who knows you well enough to prescribe this type of treatment proactively or for when you need a travel pack.  

Thanks - the description of the syphilis treatment is exactly what my doctor is doing - after the three treatments, the numbers halved and I'll have another rtst in a month or so.  For my Hep B it was caught right away so they've tested three times so far and the ALT and AST numbers are dropping each time, as they would hope - another retest will come at 6 months and then at one year, where they hope the numbers are normal which would indicate no chronic infection.  Given that I took anonymous loads in some of the most treacherous places (because that turns me on) and in multiple Countries over 20 years and only got syphilis, until the last time, which gave me the Hep B, I tend to wonder if Hep C is somewhat rare, but the info I've found shows it is rising because Prep has given folks a new lease on sluttiness :)  Fuck that turns me on....