Am I Just Lucky?

Thisissmall

I have been fucking bareback since i was 18. That said, i am a pure top. Now 20 and after countless penetration into cumfilled holes and loads pumped deep into anon bottoms, my results came out shockingly negative today. Apart from minor genital warts, i am std free. So.. am i just lucky? Or does being the insertive partner not as high risk as it was thought to be?

Fyi, i use lube most of the time while fucking. Otherwise it would have to be a sloppy cumfilled hole that becomes the lube. And i dont suck nor had felched loads.

are you circumcised?  that reduces the risk some.   general info is that a circumcised top has a 1-900 or so chances of infection.  leave the foreskin on and that drops to 1-150 or so chance.   start taking it up the as and it drops to 1-70.  no doubt, those are estimates...and each person situation is different.   29 cocks over 53 days got me pozzed once I started chasing.

• Upvote 1

this is from http://www.barebackhealth.net/health/betrayals.html

There is concern within the medical community that foreskin may additionally trap infected substances (such as lube, and other things too disgusting to mention) thereby harboring the virus and keeping it in contact with these susceptible Langerhans cells. 

What this means, ultimately, is that men who have intact foreskins are much more likely to become infected with HIV if their penis comes in contact with any fluid carrying the virus. Obviously, that includes blood, semen, tears, sweat, and saliva. This list has a recent and dangerous addition to it: rectal secretions. More on that in a moment. 

The good news is that HIV-Negative uncut tops, and all HIV-Negative topmen for that matter, can practice good sexual hygiene and reduce this risk. 

Immediately following intercourse (or, ideally, insertive sex of any kind) you should wash your entire penis with a good but gentle antibacterial soap. Some piercing salons have a good antibacterial and hypo-allergenic cleanser designed for use during a piercing's healing process. This liquid cleanser is gentle to the skin as it has to be able to come in direct contact with the wound without irritating or inflaming it. This same type of soap may be preferable in cleansing the sensitive foreskin. Good sexual hygiene is even more imperative following an orgy or gangbang where you might be dipping into more than one semen-filled hole in the course of the evening. 

Sexual hygiene, combined with sero-sorting can greatly protect the uncut male who prefers to have sex without condoms. 

Previous thinking that a 1-on-1 sexual encounter between HIV-Negative and HIV+Positive individuals could be relatively safe depended in great part on several factors. First, that the HIV-Negative partner would be the top. Second, no other person's semen or blood could be present inside the bottom's rectum. Third, that a liberal amount of non-irritating lubricant was employed during the fuck. And fourth that the top could be gentle enough during penetration to minimize the risk of or prevent any trauma to the bottom's rectum. But there is yet another newly found threat that is going to challenge that belief...

RECTAL SECRETIONS, ANOTHER WORRISOME BODY FLUID:

A new finding, recently released, suggests that rectal secretions may contain a higher concentration of HIV virus that any of the more well-known body fluids we have been told to avoid. Researchers say that blood, semen, sweat, tears, and saliva each carry a smaller percentage of the virus than the amount which is being found residing in rectal secretion fluid. Additionally, the studies showed that rectal secretion HIV levels are not nearly as affected by AIDS medications in the way blood plasma or semen HIV levels are. 

What exactly are rectal secretions? Well, your rectum keeps itself moist and supple by secreting a sort of mucosa. The design of this of course is to provide lubrication that will help solid waste find its way out of your body with relative ease. A byproduct of this design is that, as with saliva, more mucosa can come to the aid of the rectum during intercourse. You've heard the terms 'make me wet' and 'juicy ass'? Yep, that's what they are alluding to, more or less. So what the study has determined is that these wonderful natural ass juices that help make bareback fucking so irrisistable can contain what is perhaps the highest concentration of HIV in an infected person's body. 

This is problematic news for negative tops who have felt their risk for catching HIV was very low. However the news is especially bad for uncircumcised HIV-Negative topmen, as the act of intercourse causes the foreskin (covered in microscopic velcro-like DC-SIGN molecules) to literally bathe in rectal secretions during the entire period of intercourse. If both partners are HIV-negative, there is no immediate concern. However, for HIV-Negative tops engaging in bareback sex with HIV+Positive bottoms, and especially for the uncircumcised ones, the risk for infection is now considered extremely high. 

• Upvote 1

I am actually circumcised. A common practice i did after sex was to pee and wash my dick with non irritable soap. Additionally i just wipe some vaseline on my dick just to be sure. And i have the habit of drinking lemon juice to keep my digestive system stable. Dont know if that made difference but based on the above i guess that is why i have not caught the bug.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

*shrug* You are somewhat lucky. More importantly you are a top. 

I started taking loads at 28. I just went on PrEP this year at 52. During that time I bottomed 99% of the time. After hundreds of loads I am still negative. That's lucky ;)

• 2 weeks later...

mostly luck, i think. i've been taking loads since I was 9, and I never say no. i'm an avid cum dump, taking multiple loads on most days. but still neg, and not immune. I had that tested. It's hard to say why. i'm sure i've taken thousands of poz loads, but i've never had any kind of std. must be some cause, but luck too.

• 2 weeks later...

mostly luck, i think. i've been taking loads since I was 9, and I never say no. i'm an avid cum dump, taking multiple loads on most days. but still neg, and not immune. I had that tested. It's hard to say why. i'm sure i've taken thousands of poz loads, but i've never had any kind of std. must be some cause, but luck too.

9!!?? Wow that's young...

• 2 years later...
Guest BBBoyfromTN

I'm gonna say you got lucky. I'm uncut with a huge amount of foreskin and I learned a little too late that put me at risk. I also wouldn't clean out right away after fucking and wasn't diligent on that. I bottomed a lot too, which probably put me at the most risk. It's only in retrospect I learned I was a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. What's sad is sex Ed in most places isn't teaching kids about these risks and how to mitigate or eliminate them. 

• 1 year later...
Guest FinalDL2021

I have been barebaking for roughly 2 years now, and I have only caught some of the minor STD's (Gono, Syph & Clymedia)  There are  a lot of guys on Prep, and it seems most of the POZ guys are on meds/undetectable, so that seems to cut down on the odds of getting HIV.

I have now taken 2 toxic loads, that I am aware of; the first I tested negative, the second we will have to see after I get tested again.