So-Called Friends?

Has anyone else lost friends after deciding that bareback was for you?

I had one friend who I used to have some gear fun with, and he was always telling me that vanilla was so boring and he preferred piggy sex. 

Somewhere in the back of my mind I still was not sure if he was as kinky as I consider myself, but he always seemed to make a point of telling me that he liked things kinky and piggy.

So I finally decided, the last time I talked to him, to tell him that I was really only into bareback fucks, including gangbangs and anonymous scenes.

I immediately felt a wall go up. Suddenly he was asking me questions about HIV and risk. I figured 'what the hell, I said I was going to tell him the truth' so I told him it was not really a concern for me.

That was several weeks ago and I haven't heard from him. I'm pretty sure he's decided to shut me out of his life because he thinks I'm a whore.

Has anyone else lost friends who could not understand the wonderful feeling of bareback sex? 

• Upvote 3

Most of my friends are straight guys.  They understand it, even the ones who don't necessarily support it.  Gay guys seem to be the ones who get up in arms about it.  I remember one time I was at a party and we were talking in a group about condom use within the confines of a monogamous relationship and one of my exes happened to be there and chimed in with his supposed moral high ground and then I asked him why you would use condoms if you were in love with and trusted each other and were both tested together and knew you didn't have anything and he said something like "Well I guess in that case you could do it without a condom if you had to."

• Upvote 3

Guest bbbearlover1

I haven't lost any friends, but I definitely experienced a cooling of a couple of friendships over my playing raw.  I think they know better than to come at me directly, but their judgment was definitely there all the same.  Their loss, not mine.

I can see what you first said about straight guys, tomsawyer. All straight guys hate condoms and want to breed. It's the gay community that has had this brainwashing for years -unprotected sex = death. It took me years to accept that bareback sex is what I wanted. Needed.

And bbbearlover1, I've had a little of that, too. Some people just need to step back a little, but it does suck. I really don't believe in judging people for their sexual interests. We all have different preferences and fetishes.

In general, guys who make a decision to bareback go in informed, accepting the risks. Why can't other people just accept us for that? Every man wants to get off, but it takes all kinds of different factors to get each and every one of us off.

I suppose a lot of religious crap has also been drummed into people's heads over the years, and still so many people think that monogamy is natural. Men were meant to fuck and blow their loads. Surely people must realize that it's going to take more than one receptacle to satisfy that.

• Upvote 3

Yes I had one or two friends who started avoiding me after it transpired that I only take bare cock in the late 90's. As lots of guys think all barebackers are poz. But otherwise lots of guys just keep quiet and keeps going as one of my friends have said, most of the guys take bare cock once in a while and as long as you know what you are doing,  so be it. So I love barebacking and am not going to stop. I am in it for the ride and love bare cock!

Yeah, I've had some safe only guys who stopped making contact with me after they fucked me raw one time. I'm not sure if it's guilt or not. But they are not as safe as they profess.

Thankfully I haven't.  Then again, I've never made it a secret that I bareback.  Even my friends who are totally condom only are okay with it, especially since I got on PrEP.

As Tom said, even my straight friends don't seem to have an issue with it, or at least they've never even hinted at it.

• Upvote 1

Thanks again, guys, for the replies. It's always great to get different perspective on things. We certainly all have different experiences. I guess in the end all that we can do is what feels right to us. We certainly can't live to please our friends.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not so much losing a friendship or relationship, but the distancing of one. A boy I'd known for a few years at this point eventually hooked up with me for night. No discussion of protection to break up the nice momentum we had going. Blowing smoke up my ass about how he had waited ages for this before he abruptly pulled out just shy of depositing his load. Pretty soon after that, I found myself just another acquaintance.

I'd put this down to calming down over me once he had his fun instead of bareback remorse if it weren't the veritable condom bowl in arms and the performative Like of safe sex campaign Facebook page. Yeah okay, buddy.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Some of my friends know I bareback - mostly the ones I've fucked with.

A lot of my friends don't know I bareback though and would probably be horrified if they did know - but for me that is a major part of the turn on.  I was out for dinner with a couple of friends recently and they were deploring the amount of barebacking that goes on now and agreeing how irresponsible some people are.  They had no idea that I was sitting there with two loads of cum up my arse, which I had taken at the Vault earlier - one taken through the gloryhole from a guy I never even saw and one taken bent over in the room with the barrels.

The knowledge of what they would think added to the turn on of the nice pleasant squelchy feeling in my arse

That said, I have often found that the ones who are up for bb are the ones you would least expect.

One of my friends  is in his mid 30s, a solicitor, in a committed monogamous relationship , and he never loses an opportunity to deplore bb sex.  So it was quite a turn on to see him taking a big raw cock and a load of cum up his arse in the darkroom of a bar in Munich while his partner and the rest of our friends were drinking upstairs none the wiser. 

• Upvote 2

• 10 months later...
On 1/1/2016 at 2:44 PM, shinelover said:

I can see what you first said about straight guys, tomsawyer. All straight guys hate condoms and want to breed. It's the gay community that has had this brainwashing for years -unprotected sex = death. It took me years to accept that bareback sex is what I wanted. Needed.

And bbbearlover1, I've had a little of that, too. Some people just need to step back a little, but it does suck. I really don't believe in judging people for their sexual interests. We all have different preferences and fetishes.

In general, guys who make a decision to bareback go in informed, accepting the risks. Why can't other people just accept us for that? Every man wants to get off, but it takes all kinds of different factors to get each and every one of us off.

I suppose a lot of religious crap has also been drummed into people's heads over the years, and still so many people think that monogamy is natural. Men were meant to fuck and blow their loads. Surely people must realize that it's going to take more than one receptacle to satisfy that.

Straights guys don't care that they may burden a women with pregnancy, gay guys don't care they might contract something. It's a male thing